What's new

[Alpha] Pre-release test builds available (both 380 and 382 branches)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running the currently latest alpha on my RT-AC68U (RT-AC68U_382.2_alpha2-gdef3266), with QoS enabled (Adaptive / Automatic / fq_codel / WAN Packet overhead = 0 / Web Surfing mode), no issues whatsoever in the past 24 hours since I uploaded it. Did a factory reset beforehand, a power cycle afterwards after it had been up for a while, restored dhcp_staticlist and configured some minor things, no complaints here. Thanks @RMerlin and happy holidays!

This is the setup I use except for running Video Streaming mode in Adaptive QoS. Did you check the performance of QoS now as mine has gone from straight A+s on 380.69 measured with with DSLREPORTS to a buffer bloat value of D.

QoS is essential for me as our family push our connection to the limit of what is available in my area, and on 382.2 Alpha 2 I can’t get it to work properly no matter what I try, and actually when I turn it fully off my performance and latency is better.

I understand that this is a development build so I’m not complaining, just wondering at the difference in our experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This is the setup I use except for running Video Streaming mode in Adaptive QoS. Did you check the performance of QoS now as mine has gone from straight A+s on 380.69 measured with with DSLREPORTS to a buffer bloat value of D.

QoS is essential for me as our family push our connection to the limit of what is available in my area, and on 382.2 Alpha 2 it can get it to work properly no matter what I try, and actually when I turn it fully off my performance and latency is better.

I understand that is is a development build so I’m not complaining, just wondering at the difference in our experiences.

I'm wating for alpha 3 to be released there is some qos updates.

I'm wating for alpha 3 to be released there is some qos updates.

Thanks, hadn’t seen that

Watch the commits to see what changes are possible and the ones being added before releases.

Setup a 86U yesterday :D It works really well with Merlin FW! Finally great USB speed!
I miss John's megabits per second option in the traffic monitor :(. Would that be hard to add as an option? The QoS WAN/Lan Bandwidth Monitor uses bits.

The only thing that puzzles me is the HW acceleration.
HW acceleration Runner: Disabled - Flow Cache: Enabled
The runner changes from disabled to enabled and back without me changing any settings?

Locking this thread - 382.2 Beta is now available here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!