What's new

[Alpha] Pre-release test builds available (both 380 and 382 branches)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
I've uploaded a few test builds on https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/test-builds . There are both 380 and 382 releases.

These are pre-release versions, and no support is provided for them. Things can still be unfinished or have issues. Updates might be provided on an irregular basis.

Last edited:
Hi Merlin, just to notify the bug for the name/icon is still present on RT-AC86U with this latest test build.

I would like to add that the QOS Stats page is still lacking the upload section.

Instead for RT-AC86U is fixed (I'm on PPPoE)

Inviato dal mio LG-H870 utilizzando Tapatalk
@RMerlin says the problem was that ppoe was the default interface. Should be eth0. I have static ip I'm not certain whether this is where the problem is.

@RMerlin says the problem was that ppoe was the default interface. Should be eth0. I have static ip I'm not certain whether this is where the problem is.

Are you using Adaptive QoS? Upload stats are not available on Traditional QoS.

Post the output from the following command:

Code:
tc qdisc show

Hi Merlin, just to notify the bug for the name/icon is still present on RT-AC86U with this latest test build.

I haven't made any change to that, see the changelog provided in the first post.

CHANGED: Updated RT-N66U and RT-AC66U SDK to GPL 380_8120's
+ (fixing KRACK in repeater/bridge mode)
If I understand correctly, this commit does not work for the AC68 series

Are you using Adaptive QoS? Upload stats are not available on Traditional QoS.
Post the output from the following command:

Code:
I use adaptive QOS
tc qdisc show
Results of the command above.....wow lots there.
I use adaptive QOS fq_codel with specific up and download rates.

Attachments

• new 1.txt
    13.2 KB · Views: 652
whats the difference between the two?

RT-AC86U_382.1_1-g30e5de4_cferom_ubi.w

RT-AC86U_382.1_1-gedf4a93_cferom_ubi.w

CHANGED: Updated RT-N66U and RT-AC66U SDK to GPL 380_8120's
+ (fixing KRACK in repeater/bridge mode)
If I understand correctly, this commit does not work for the AC68 series

Correct, Asus hasn't released the GPL for the RT-AC68U yet, and chances are I might not be able to reuse the wireless components with the older 380 codebase - it will have to be tested. If it doesn't work, then it means you will have to wait for the RT-AC68U to be ported to the 382 branch.

I nonetheless build test releases for all models because it does include a couple of fixes, and also to ensure that they still compile properly.

whats the difference between the two?

RT-AC86U_382.1_1-g30e5de4_cferom_ubi.w

RT-AC86U_382.1_1-gedf4a93_cferom_ubi.w

Hint for those not familiar with git: the g30e5de4 strings refers to the latest Git change that's part of the firmware (skip the first "g" character). So in this case, you have the changes between edf4a93 and 30e5de4 on Git. Use the Github link provided by John to check (make sure you check the appropriate branch, i.e. 380 or 382).

That's why I usually build test releases with git tagging, so people can easily determine which Git commits are included in a given build.

I usually generate those quick logs on my development machine, but you can do the same trick over Github's web interface.

Code:
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.382/compare/OLDEST_COMMIT...NEWEST_COMMIT

(three dots between the two commits, and make sure to strip the leading "g").

In this case:

Code:
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.382/compare/30e5de4...edf4a93

I use adaptive QOS fq_codel with specific up and download rates.

I see no WAN interface rules in the tc output you provided, which means you are using Traditional QoS. Traditional QoS doesn't have upstream rules, so that's normal that there's no Upload stats - it's always been like this.

Thanks again for all the updates you provide Merlin, really do appreciate it. I recently updated to the latest official firmware for the AC68U i.e. Version 3.0.0.4.382.18547. Is it possible to install the latest Alpha release you just uploaded without having to do a reset?

Is it possible to install the latest Alpha release you just uploaded without having to do a reset?

I don't know for sure, probably not a good idea since you're talking jumping back and forth between the 380 and 382 codebase. I have no idea what Asus has changed in the RT-AC68U's 382 release as there's no source code available yet.

I don't know for sure, probably not a good idea since you're talking jumping back and forth between the 380 and 382 codebase. I have no idea what Asus has changed in the RT-AC68U's 382 release as there's no source code available yet.

Fair enough, I understand. I will stick to the official release until you release a firmware update for the new 382 codebase. Thanks again.

Thanks, Merlin!

Updated both earlier today and chugging along nicely in my no-frills set-up.

thanks merlin just a heads up the new test build for the 88u fixed, the sig update issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!