What's new

[Alpha] RT-AC88U Firmware version 9.0.0.4_380_2339

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sm00thpapa

Very Senior Member
RT-AC88U MU-MIMO alpha firmware 9.0.0.4_380_2339

Download: Click Here

MU-MIMO can be enable in Advanced settings --> Wireless --> Professional
To test MU-MIMO, client card hardware and driver also must support MU-MIMO. please contact with your client card provider for the detail.

Trying it now. I find the GUI pretty laggy at times. Wifi and Network tools has new Smart Connect features. TX Power Slider has changed as well.

Trying it now. I find the GUI pretty laggy at times. Wifi and Network tools has new Smart Connect features. TX Power Slider has changed as well.

For me also GUI very laggy. Also Bandwidth Monitor still not working-speed not show correct.

Good option will be add ASUS opion sort in LAN>DHCP Manuall assigned client by IP. From low to big and reverse...

I click on Traffic Limiter and I get this.

Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC88U.
To access the settings of RT-AC88U, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number.

I also has the same problem.

But why Traffic Limiter not working ?

But why Traffic Limiter not working ?

It's not enabled on the build yet, so the webpage for it is missing.

Note that Traffic Limiter might have a confusing name. It's not the same thing as the Bandwidth limiter. Traffic Limiter allows you to set up a monthly download limit, mostly for people whose ISP provide you with a very low monthly quota and high overuse costs.

RT-AC88U MU-MIMO alpha firmware 9.0.0.4_380_2339

Download: Click Here

MU-MIMO can be enable in Advanced settings --> Wireless --> Professional
To test MU-MIMO, client card hardware and driver also must support MU-MIMO. please contact with your client card provider for the detail.

Can this firmware also be used on the RT-AC3100?

for the first 2hours the GUI was super laggy, I just left it, came back to it and now completely fine, same for the AC5300 new firmware too. very odd.

Rebooted it a few times but seems all normal now

Just in the process of loading this alpha firmware. I can confirm the UI is very "laggy" at times.

I've noticed my wifi speed on my 5GHz band has dropped by 50Mbps. If the wifi driver is the same not sure what the issue can be.

So far the alpha seems to be running fine, no issues with wired or wireless. The lag issue with the UI seems to have resolved it self.

has anybody noticed the smart connect toggles? didn't think smart connect combined different radio bands, only similar ones. am I mistaken or is it possible to connect 2.4 and 5 ghz radios?

has anybody noticed the smart connect toggles? didn't think smart connect combined different radio bands, only similar ones. am I mistaken or is it possible to connect 2.4 and 5 ghz radios?
No, you not mistaken it. Asus planed to add this feature to rt-ac88u. As for your question yes it can manage both radios. On triband it does all three.

Can this firmware also be used on the RT-AC3100?
Well you would think if this build is available for the ac88u, asus would also have one available for the ac3100. Which I'm calling "the little brother" currently as over the last two months, there has been a couple beta/alpha build's posted for the ac88u, and nothing for the ac3100. I know there are no promises, but as a customer, it does bother me a bit seeing these newer build's for the ac88u, and even the ac5300. Yet nothing for the ac3100, just left out in the dark.

If Asus main focus is the ac88u, then they should think about selling it retail at places like bestbuy, instead of selling the little brother ac3100. I personally picked up the ac3100 at bestbuy, which doesn't sell the ac88u currently. Anyways enough of me going off-topic, and ranting a bit. I just think asus could do a better job also supplying build's for the ac3100. As the AC3100, AC88U, and AC5300 is there newer routers out currently. I know there's also a good chance these beta/alpha build's will cause more problems then they fix, and might make them not use able. It's just a matter of having more build's to choose from.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!