What's new

Alternative to Aimesh on main router asus rt-ac88u and mesh node rt-ac86u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

eltell69

Regular Contributor
Hi Guys Happy New Year to all, what would be the best alternative for my Aimesh setup seeing as I'm unable to use merlin firmware for the mesh setup. I am also using nordvpn on the main router and within the merlin f/w settings can I specify for instance a fetch mighty box to bypass the vpn and also live mail on mine and my wifes pc.

Hi Guys Happy New Year to all, what would be the best alternative for my Aimesh setup seeing as I'm unable to use merlin firmware for the mesh setup. I am also using nordvpn on the main router and within the merlin f/w settings can I specify for instance a fetch mighty box to bypass the vpn and also live mail on mine and my wifes pc.

Hi I've got the emails working on both pc's but I'm unable to get the fetch box streaming working as I can't find a way to bypass the vpn for individual ip's ( all my stuff have static ip address's )
while using the asus rt-ac88u firmware.
Is this only possible using the merlin firmware for vpn bypassing, I also realize that I'll have to forgo the aimesh setup which I might add is very good.
Would both routers need the merlin f/w or just the rt-ac88u main router and the rt-86u in AP mode with the default f/w, please advise.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!