What's new

amcfwm - AsusWRT-Merlin Custom Firmware Manager

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

As of now, people building their own firmware images will once again have a fully working firmware, including the Trend Micro engine.

Ran a self compile yesterday to produce 386.6 Alpha1 - and applied it to my RT-AX86U. Dirty upgrade from 386.5
Curious ... while everything seems to work fine - the problem with the "QoS WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor" (which was fixed in 386.5) has returned and does not show correct upload or download speeds ???

As I recall this was the fix you applied in the beta stage - which carried through to the 386.5 release.
For some reason - way beyond my non-coder comprehension - the fix has not carried through to 386.6 Alpha1?

Ran a self compile yesterday to produce 386.6 Alpha1 - and applied it to my RT-AX86U. Dirty upgrade from 386.5
Curious ... while everything seems to work fine - the problem with the "QoS WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor" (which was fixed in 386.5) has returned and does not show correct upload or download speeds ???

As I recall this was the fix you applied in the beta stage - which carried through to the 386.5 release.
For some reason - way beyond my non-coder comprehension - the fix has not carried through to 386.6 Alpha1?
I also self-compiled after the March 17 commit "webui: revert DNSFilter.asp changes from GPL 45581" to get a 386.6 Alpha1 build for RT-AX56U. The QoS WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor is working correctly for me on the RT-AX56U.

The scripts work great!!! @RMerlin if I want to make a build without Trend Micro AiProtection and Asus AiCloud, how do I do that?
You can't. It's integrated into portions of the firmware that are closed source, and therefore cannot be modified. Both can be kept 100% disabled however, neither of then will run unless the user enables them.

You can't. It's integrated into portions of the firmware that are closed source, and therefore cannot be modified. Both can be kept 100% disabled however, neither of then will run unless the user enables them.
So its inclusion cannot be disabled at compile time in the make file either?

I also self-compiled after the March 17 commit "webui: revert DNSFilter.asp changes from GPL 45581" to get a 386.6 Alpha1 build for RT-AX56U. The QoS WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor is working correctly for me on the RT-AX56U.
Flushed out my compiler system and downloaded everything afresh - recompiled and you are spot on - works fully. :D

He is no longer active on SNBForums.
Humm... It might no longer be the case:

1648341278265.png

Humm... It might no longer be the case:

View attachment 40387
Can't keep a good man down - he has actually continued to support his scripts "in the background" (despite the unpleasant history which caused him to "leave the building" all that time ago).

If he choses to become more active here once again - I for one will be DELIGHTED (ThumbsUp).

RMerlin released 386.7 alpha for the RT-AC68U. I have tried with no success to use this tool to compile my own alpha version for RT-AC68U. I am wondering if the master on GitHub is not in a state that allows it to be complied. Has anyone successfully built a 386.7 alpha firmware file for the RT-AC68U recently?​

RMerlin released 386.7 alpha for the RT-AC68U. I have tried with no success to use this tool to compile my own alpha version for RT-AC68U. I am wondering if the master on GitHub is not in a state that allows it to be complied. Has anyone successfully built a 386.7 alpha firmware file for the RT-AC68U recently?​

it might help if you share whatever errors you are getting while trying to compile.

The 386.xx Alphas always use a special sauce by RMerlin. I don't believe they are able to be compiled by us (we don't have access to that code yet on the main branches.

The 386.xx Alphas always use a special sauce by RMerlin. I don't believe they are able to be compiled by us (we don't have access to that code yet on the main branches.
I agree. If RMerlin hasn't completed all of his special recipe, then it definitely wouldn't be able to be compiled. However if it were compile-able, then in general the OP would want to provide atleast an image of the terminal session log that shows the errors presented when trying to compile.

The compile is broken because Merlin has repurposed the Master branch to fit his 386.6 limited release for 2 models only.
He moved the 386.5.2 release with all requisite files to a separate branch on GitHub.

Until he conforms the Master on GitHub for all supported models - self compiles will not work.
He is still to receive Asus source codes for the rest of the models - so it will be quite some time before self-compiles will work again.

@Adamm is aware of the issue and will add the extra models now supported by Merlinware to his amcfwm script when opportune to do so.

I’m not following everyone’s logic here. 386.7 alpha1 was built for the AC68U, most likely from master by Merlin. And that’s what nomore4u wants to build. There’s no more secret sauce or special branches needed when asking specifically for the only model currently merged for 386.7 alpha1.

Maybe it doesn’t build, but probably not for the reasons people are saying.

I'm not talking about specific 'number' builds. I'm talking about Alphas in general. I don't believe they're buildable (at least not at such an early xxx.1 stage).

I’m not following everyone’s logic here. 386.7 alpha1 was built for the AC68U, most likely from master by Merlin. And that’s what nomore4u wants to build. There’s no more secret sauce or special branches needed when asking specifically for the only model currently merged for 386.7 alpha1.

Maybe it doesn’t build, but probably not for the reasons people are saying.
Let me hopefully clear it up abit, @kernol says @RMerlin is intentionally with holding buildability on his master branch for anything past version 386.5_2 unless it is for newer models that support building of 386.6 version, while @L&LD says there is some special sauce merlin puts on the BBQ that makes the flavor just right for buildability. In contrast, I simply recommended the OP fill us in on build errors so we could simply go from there.

Let me hopefully clear it up abit, @kernol says @RMerlin is intentionally with holding buildability on his master branch for anything past version 386.5_2 unless it is for newer models that support building of 386.6 version, while @L&LD says there is some special sauce merlin puts on the BBQ that makes the flavor just right for buildability. In contrast, I simply recommended the OP fill us in on build errors so we could simply go from there.
That's not currently accurate.

Initially, only the GT-AX6000 and XT12 were buildable from HEAD, because the last merged GPL only supported these two models.

Last week I merged 386_48823, which makes HEAD only compilable for the RT-AC68U right now (the only GPL that was merged).

There's nothing being withheld, and no special sauce involved either. You just have to keep up with the activity on the master branch to see what can be compiled, as this will vary over time as GPLs get merged. Right now (May 16th), master`s head can be compiled for the RT-AC68U, and only that model.

The OP will indeed need to provide actual messages for anyone to be able to assist him.

That's not currently accurate.

Initially, only the GT-AX6000 and XT12 were buildable from HEAD, because the last merged GPL only supported these two models.

Last week I merged 386_48823, which makes HEAD only compilable for the RT-AC68U right now (the only GPL that was merged).

There's nothing being withheld, and no special sauce involved either. You just have to keep up with the activity on the master branch to see what can be compiled, as this will vary over time as GPLs get merged. Right now (May 16th), master`s head can be compiled for the RT-AC68U, and only that model.

The OP will indeed need to provide actual messages for anyone to be able to assist him.

I see this and do not know how to fix it:
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/mypc/amng.ac68/release/src-rt-6.x.4708/linux/linux-2.6.36'
make[4]: arm-brcm-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc: Command not found
make[5]: Entering directory '/home/mypc/amng.ac68/release/src/router/shared'
/bin/sh: arm-brcm-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc: command not found
make[5]: Entering directory '/home/mypc/amng.ac68/release/src/router/httpd'
make[5]: Entering directory '/home/mypc/amng.ac68/release/src/router/dnsmasq'

Attachments

• rt-ac68u-output.txt
    322.3 KB · Views: 63
You're missing the toolchain (or the search path is incorrect).