What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 388.1 Beta is available for select models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with @skeal. For a long while I was forcing just the 160MHz option thinking that was the only way to get it to even operate that bandwidth. But, with reading these forums I've learned to just leave it on automatic and once PRE-ISM is done I'm given a 160MHz channel that will drop back to 80MHz if it's not actually needed. So when I'm not using the laptop it'll drop back to 80MHz for my phone etc, but as soon as my laptop connects the channel seamlessly changes to 160MHz. That is what I believe to be the way it should work, and indeed the way it actually does.
Don't force 160. There's a reason your radio isn't enabling it.

So, IPv6 with DDNS works good, it seems my shirtty ISP has crappy bandwidth over v6. WIll just cancel it for time being... stick to what works

I have to agree with @skeal. For a long while I was forcing just the 160MHz option thinking that was the only way to get it to even operate that bandwidth. But, with reading these forums I've learned to just leave it on automatic and once PRE-ISM is done I'm given a 160MHz channel that will drop back to 80MHz if it's not actually needed. So when I'm not using the laptop it'll drop back to 80MHz for my phone etc, but as soon as my laptop connects the channel seamlessly changes to 160MHz. That is what I believe to be the way it should work, and indeed the way it actually does.
Don't force 160. There's a reason your radio isn't enabling it.

I also agree to disagree with you but that may be ok with a 300Mbps ISP connection which I used to have. But having 1Gbps is what makes me force 160Mhz. Remember this mini thread started because an 800Mbps slowdown with a S22 Ultra which is A LOT and with 80Mhz it would be even worse, which ASUS (or Samsung?) didn't resolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!