What's new

amtm amtm 3.2.x - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
Welcome, this is amtm 3.2.3, the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

amtm is a front end that manages popular scripts for wireless routers running Asuswrt-Merlin firmware. Starting with Asuswrt-Merlin 384.15, amtm is included in the firmware.

What's new in amtm 3.2.3
NEW: Adds support for Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-Installer by @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow

How to update amtm
In the amtm menu, enter u to update to this latest version.
The firmware built-in and the regular amtm version receive updates at the same time.

The full version history can be found on diversion.ch

amtm start command
Code:
amtm
On firmware older than 384.15, you may have to enter the full path to amtm.
Note that the command below does not work for the firmware built in amtm.
Code:
/jffs/scripts/amtm

Install command for Asuswrt-Merlin firmware older than 384.15
Copy and paste the complete command below into your favorite SSH terminal, then press Enter.
Code:
curl -Os https://diversion.ch/amtm/amtm && sh amtm
Routers with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware 384.15 and newer require no installation, amtm is included in the firmware. The firmware built in amtm adds FW next to the version.

5mLIcxE.png

amtm is hosted on the Diversion website: https://diversion.ch/amtm.html

k739cneqe7q.png

Last edited:
Ah, and Diversion 4.2.0 is still not available. I refuse to give an ETA ;)

@thelonelycoder , сan you add the ability to format the first drive partition to NTFS/FAT/EXFAT? I would like to have the first partition with the ability to r/w it in Windows/etc., and on the second section EXT4 for Entware. Of course, I can do it by third-party means, but I would like to do it without "unnecessary squats". Thank you.

Updated...and it happened quickly, like the router was thirsty for it or something ;-)

Needed to reboot the router after updating...

Last edited:
@thelonelycoder , сan you add the ability to format the first drive partition to NTFS/FAT/EXFAT? I would like to have the first partition with the ability to r/w it in Windows/etc., and on the second section EXT4 for Entware. Of course, I can do it by third-party means, but I would like to do it without "unnecessary squats". Thank you.
Is that an OCD matter or do you have a particular reason for the order?

Is that an OCD matter or do you have a particular reason for the order?
It was a Windows "feature", only being able to "see" the first partition of multi-partition removable storage. This is no longer the case for recent versions of Windows 10 but is still applicable to earlier versions and older versions of Windows (like Windows 7).

It was a Windows "feature", only being able to "see" the first partition of multi-partition removable storage. This is no longer the case for recent versions of Windows 10 but is still applicable to earlier versions and older versions of Windows (like Windows 7).
I see, I was wondering why as my fully up-to date Workhorse has no problems mounting a ext4/NTFS formatted device. It would ask to format the ext partition though which one can simply click away.

I don't remember @ColinTaylor why we (or I ;)) decided to only allow ext as the first partition. My guess is that I wanted to force users to use ext and then be able to install all the goodies instead of users just creating a NTFS or FAT partition and then get mad or confused that scripts will not install.

I don't remember @ColinTaylor why we (or I ;)) decided to only allow ext as the first partition. My guess is that I wanted to force users to use ext and then be able to install all the goodies instead of users just creating a NTFS or FAT partition and then get mad or confused that scripts will not install.
I don't remember either. I think the logic was "if you're only going to have one partition it must be ext* anyway". Trying to write conditional question/answer dialogues for multiple partitions they may be ext* formatted was awkward.

Thanks for the HD disk size update!
You were the one that triggered some things. Users will have to thank you for that.
I specifically bought an SSD closer than yours to the max size to test it.

I don't remember either. I think the logic was "if you're only going to have one partition it must be ext* anyway". Trying to write conditional question/answer dialogues for multiple partitions they may be ext* formatted was awkward.
I think you nailed it. Be that the specific reason or not, your logic convinces me to have done the right thing.
Windows users ought to be up to date with updates. That includes the consideration which version is used. Windows XP or 7 are long since an absolute no-no to use for security reasons.

I'm confused, the amtm update itself does not require a reboot.
for some reason, after I updated, my DNS lookups were taking quite a while longer (and in some cases failing). (It possibly might have been the entware update I did right after- there was an unbound component IIRC)

Welcome, this is amtm 3.2.0, the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

amtm is a front end that manages popular scripts for wireless routers running Asuswrt-Merlin firmware. Starting with Asuswrt-Merlin 384.15, amtm is included in the firmware.

What's new in amtm 3.2.0
CHANGED: New Swap file creation only allowed on ext* formatted devices.
CHANGED: Increased fd format disk maximum supported disk size to router maximum (2199023255552 bytes, 2TB edge cases).
CHANGED: All Entware operations now run secure https protocol.
CHANGED: Entware installer gives option to use an existing but non-active Entware installation when found on an attached USB device.
CHANGED: ep screen shows installed Entware version and link to interactive packages list.
CHANGED: dc disk check additional install tests.

How to update amtm
In the amtm menu, enter u to update to this latest version.
The firmware built-in and the regular amtm version receive updates at the same time.

amtm start command
Code:
amtm
On firmware older than 384.15, you may have to enter the full path to amtm.
Note that the command below does not work for the firmware built in amtm.
Code:
/jffs/scripts/amtm

Install command for Asuswrt-Merlin firmware older than 384.15
Copy and paste the complete command below into your favorite SSH terminal, then press Enter.
Code:
curl -Os https://diversion.ch/amtm/amtm && sh amtm
Routers with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware 384.15 and newer require no installation, amtm is included in the firmware. The firmware built in amtm adds FW next to the version.

5mLIcxE.png

amtm is hosted on the Diversion website: https://diversion.ch/amtm.html

k739cneqe7q.png
Great job, and thank you for your continuous efforts at keeping this collective community together.

Indeed, I second that great job! And no ETA is required. It gets here when it gets here.

For the swap file is the maximum size still 2 gb?

Many (most?) scripts require a 2GB swap file.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!