What's new

amtm amtm 4.5.1 - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu, April 28, 2024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No worries man, I don't think @thelonelycoder was intending for it to come off as a gotcha. When I saw this post, I become instantly concerned that @Jack Yaz took all his GitHub materials down. I use a lot of his scripts because of their niche attributes.
I'm more concerned that @Jack Yaz 's work isn't being actively maintained, and hasn't been forked: while it's currently functional on Merlin, the more changes that come to pass there might make them increasingly less so. If they do break, they'll have to be removed from amtm because of abandonment. @Martinski has been wonderful at making PR's that get merged, I'm not sure we'll see many more updates moving forward unless someone picks up the torch to carry it forward.
I suppose another tack to take would be to ask Asus to include the functionalities the scripts bring in their firmware...

I'm more concerned that @Jack Yaz 's work isn't being actively maintained, and hasn't been forked: while it's currently functional on Merlin, the more changes that come to pass there might make them increasingly less so. If they do break, they'll have to be removed from amtm because of abandonment. @Martinski has been wonderful at making PR's that get merged, I'm not sure we'll see many more updates moving forward unless someone picks up the torch to carry it forward.
Whats this.... a voice from out in the crowd? Does this mean you are volunteering?!?

I had assumed from this post it was ready to go :(
Those were my thoughts too when I saw the thread, but then I found spdMerlin. I quickly realized I didn't need anything else.

Whats this.... a voice from out in the crowd? Does this mean you are volunteering?!?
I don't know nuthin' 'bout birthin' babies...or scripting for that matter. You don't want me, trust me.

Don't know what happened, but after updating to 3004.388.4_beta1, the routerdate crontab entry disappeared. Had to uninstall & re-install to get it back.

Don't know what happened, but after updating to 3004.388.4_beta1, the routerdate crontab entry disappeared. Had to uninstall & re-install to get it back.
Noted.

Ah - I found the problem.
This was my init-start script, I think that "return 0" might put a spanner in the works!

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#
# Add our scripts to cron job list.
#
cru a AGTxEM "15 3 * * * /jffs/scripts/regular-email"
cru a AGTxMQ "*/5 * * * * /jffs/scripts/send-cputemp-mqtt"
return 0
/jffs/addons/amtm/routerdate restore # Added by amtm

Regarding the AMTM email settings (em), for the next release could you add --crlf to the curl in send_testmail function?

I setup AMTM email and the email settings were correct, but it kept giving me a curl (8) weird server reply and failing. After some research online, I discovered cause. The unix Qmail mail transfer agent was rejecting and referring me to a URL stating as bare LFs are against 822bis section 2.3 which requires a carriage return before the linefeed (LF).

Adding the -crlf in the curl call (see below) successfully sends the test email for those with hosts using qmail transfer agents.

Code:
    $(/usr/sbin/curl --connect-timeout $EMAILTIMEOUT --max-time $EMAILTIMEOUT --url $PROTOCOL://$SMTP:$PORT \
        --mail-from "$FROM_ADDRESS" --mail-rcpt "$TO_ADDRESS" \
        --upload-file "$TMPEMAILFILE" \
        --ssl-reqd \
        --crlf \
        --user "$USERNAME:$(/usr/sbin/openssl aes-256-cbc $emailPwEnc -d -in "$AMTM_EMAIL_DIR/emailpw.enc" -pass pass:ditbabot,isoi)" $SSL_FLAG 2>/dev/null) \

Regarding the AMTM email settings (em), for the next release could you add --crlf to the curl in send_testmail function?

I setup AMTM email and the email settings were correct, but it kept giving me a curl (8) weird server reply and failing. After some research online, I discovered cause. The unix Qmail mail transfer agent was rejecting and referring me to a URL stating as bare LFs are against 822bis section 2.3 which requires a carriage return before the linefeed (LF).

Adding the -crlf in the curl call (see below) successfully sends the test email for those with hosts using qmail transfer agents.

Code:
    $(/usr/sbin/curl --connect-timeout $EMAILTIMEOUT --max-time $EMAILTIMEOUT --url $PROTOCOL://$SMTP:$PORT \
        --mail-from "$FROM_ADDRESS" --mail-rcpt "$TO_ADDRESS" \
        --upload-file "$TMPEMAILFILE" \
        --ssl-reqd \
        --crlf \
        --user "$USERNAME:$(/usr/sbin/openssl aes-256-cbc $emailPwEnc -d -in "$AMTM_EMAIL_DIR/emailpw.enc" -pass pass:ditbabot,isoi)" $SSL_FLAG 2>/dev/null) \
Thanks, will be done with the next update.

amtm 4.0 is now available

What's new

This major update includes features previously only available in Diversion:
- amtm header shows Entware device and usage
- Additional checks are made during Entware install
- Cron jobs can now be viewed in amtm with cj

Additionally, these features were added:
- Shows separator for what amtm considers third-party and non third-party scripts on the i install screen
- Reset/Remove r option shows more info when selected
- Added --crlf carriage return line to test mail function, thanks to @Cedarhillguy for reporting
- A few minor fixes

And last but not least, I'm very pleased to announce:
- Adds support for BACKUPMON - Backup/Restore your Router, by @Viktor Jaep
- Adds support for Domain-based VPN Routing, by @Ranger802004

How to update amtm
Use u to update to this latest version.

Note that Diversion 5.0 is not yet available.

j7mmcw6w8n7.png

Last edited:
Attempting to update, yet getting:
Enter option u
rm: remove '/jffs/ad
dons/amtm/availUpd.txt'?
No change whether "y or n" are entered.

AMTM states 4.0 installed in green, yet header states 3.8. After exiting amtm and logging in again, doesn't show amtm status in red or green, and fails to download 4.0.
Attempted uf yet fails to update amtm. Perhaps a full reinstall in in my future.

I don't know about anyone else, but I for one am VERY excited for Diversion v5.0! :)
Even I can‘t wait for 5.0 to see the light and get that burden off of me :mad: There are major changes to the code - so profound that this amtm 4.0 release seems like a minor update.

Attempting to update, yet getting:
Enter option u
rm: remove '/jffs/ad
dons/amtm/availUpd.txt'?
No change whether "y or n" are entered.

AMTM states 4.0 installed in green, yet header states 3.8. After exiting amtm and logging in again, doesn't show amtm status in red or green, and fails to download 4.0.
Attempted uf yet fails to update amtm.
I don't know what's going on at the Griswald residence, but try this:
Exit amtm, then run this in the terminal:
Code:
rm /jffs/addons/amtm/a_fw/amtm.mod
Then open amtm normally.

amtm 3.8 FW by thelonelycoder
GT-AX6000 (aarch64) FW-388.4 @ 192.168.1.1
Operation Mode: Wireless router
The Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

2 open Skynet v7.4.6

5 open scribe v3.2.0

j1 open connmon v3.0.2
j2 open ntpMerlin v3.4.5
j3 open scMerlin v2.4.0

j6 open uiScribe v1.4.5

ep manage Entware packages no upd

awm Asuswrt-Merlin firmware 388.4.0

/usr/sbin/amtm: line 318: can't create /jffs/addons/amtm/availUpd.txt: Read-only file system
/usr/sbin/amtm: line 318: can't create /jffs/addons/amtm/availUpd.txt: Read-only file system
m menu amtm v3.8 -> v4.0

amtm 4.0 is now available!
See https://diversion.ch for what's new.

Update amtm now? [1=Yes e=Exit]

AFTER "1"
amtm updated from v3.8 to v4.0

Getting from fwupdate.asuswrt-merlin.net
! Module amtm.mod redownload failed, using existing file
! using fallback server diversion.ch
! Module connmon.mod redownload failed, using existing file
! Module email.mod redownload failed, using existing file
! Module entware.mod redownload failed, using existing file
! Module ntpmerlin.mod redownload failed, using existing file
! Module scmerlin.mod redownload failed, using existing file
! Module scribe.mod redownload failed, using existing file
! Module skynet.mod redownload failed, using existing file
! Module swap.mod redownload failed, using existing file
! Module uiScribe.mod redownload failed, using existing file

For third-party script updates, use their
own update function.

There's your problem: Read-only file system

You'll have to format the jffs partition in the WebUI if that option is available on this particular router.

amtm 3.8 FW by thelonelycoder
GT-AX6000 (aarch64) FW-388.4 @ 192.168.1.1
Operation Mode: Wireless router
The Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

2 open Skynet v7.4.6

5 open scribe v3.2.0

j1 open connmon v3.0.2
j2 open ntpMerlin v3.4.5
j3 open scMerlin v2.4.0

j6 open uiScribe v1.4.5

ep manage Entware packages no upd

awm Asuswrt-Merlin firmware 388.4.0

m menu amtm v3.8 -> v4.0

amtm 4.0 is now available!
See https://diversion.ch for what's new.

Update amtm now? [1=Yes e=Exit]

AFTER "1"
amtm updated from v3.8 to v4.0

Getting from fwupdate.asuswrt-merlin.net
! using fallback server diversion.ch
! Module connmon.mod redownload failed, using existing file
! Module email.mod redownload failed, using existing file
! Module entware.mod redownload failed, using existing file
! Module ntpmerlin.mod redownload failed, using existing file
! Module scmerlin.mod redownload failed, using existing file
! Module scribe.mod redownload failed, using existing file
! Module skynet.mod redownload failed, using existing file
! Module swap.mod redownload failed, using existing file
! Module uiScribe.mod redownload failed, using existing file

For third-party script updates, use their
own update function.
You have scMerlin installed, how much space is there on jffs?
[/tangent]

And I want to thank @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow for his persistence for adding the TZ timezone and using UTC for the date in the Router date keeper rd script.
Your code has made it into the file.
I apologize for not adding the merit to the original post.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online