What's new

amtm amtm 4.5.1 - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu, April 28, 2024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

i already have a usb 3.0 to sata adapter ;)
Maybe too late for your order, but (as I posted about these in some other threads earlier), I deploy routers mostly with these:

https://www.silicon-power.com/web/product-M80

There are 256GB, 512GB and 1TB options (I usually leave one half unpartitioned to give plenty of breathing room for the garbage collector). They are actually SSDs and I and never had any problems with them so far (knocks on wood).

Maybe too late for your order, but (as I posted about these in some other threads earlier), I deploy routers mostly with these:

https://www.silicon-power.com/web/product-M80

There are 256GB, 512GB and 1TB options (I usually leave one half unpartitioned to give plenty of breathing room for the garbage collector). They are actually SSDs and I and never had any problems with them so far (knocks on wood).
this is what i paid for my ssd
1705353619219.png

@ika, I don't believe these are SSDs.

Doesn't matter how I look at it. Nand isn't an SSD. The controller/firmware and nand spec'd to work with those are what make an SSD.

USB drives are just toys in comparison.

An important amtm update is available, no version change.

What's changed
- Fixes overzealous post-mount check that changed the file date.
- Downloads mount-entware.mod when missing.

Important
If Entware option ep is present in amtm: Just update, it will fix missing things when necessary. No reboot required.

If Entware option ep is NOT present in amtm: Update amtm and then enter ep. It will prompt to install Entware.
1. Continue to install Entware. At 'Select device' it will say "Found compatible previous Entware installation'.
2. Select that device.
3. Next select '1. Reuse previous Entware installation.'
4. Finish install. Nothing will be lost. Sorry for the inconvenience.
5. The router will reboot when finished.

All done.

Last edited:
An amtm update is available, no version change.
... snip ...
All done.
Can confirm things are back to normal after updating amtm and running ep as you instructed.
Seriously, thanks for your swift reply to this issue, you've no idea what a mountain of trouble you just spared me from. I could come and hug you extra tight right now (nah I wouldn't, that'd be creepy, but you get the idea hopefully).

Can confirm things are back to normal after updating amtm and running ep as you instructed.
Good to hear.
Seriously, thanks for your swift reply to this issue, you've no idea what a mountain of trouble you just spared me from. I could come and hug you extra tight right now (nah I wouldn't, that'd be creepy, but you get the idea hopefully).
Aww, thanks man :cool:
Thankfully, I have 99% of the fix already coded in. I knew a long time ago if I fckd up something like right now I needed an easy way out.
I'm glad I had that foresight years ago.

All good now!

Ugh, I got bitten by this bug (all Entware wiped out/non-functional and various scripts needed repair/re-install) when upgrading amtm yesterday, but I had chalked it up to just bad luck. I had also quickly followed it up with a firmware update to 388.6 Beta1, so I wasn't sure which one caused the problem.

Wish I had resisted the upgrade urge, but I knew I had a brief window of opportunity to do these upgrades (no one else at home on the network).

Last edited:
Ugh, I got bitten by this bug (all Entware wiped out/non-functioal and various scripts needed repair/re-install) when upgrading amtm yesterday, but I had chalked it up to just bad luck. I had also quickly followed it up with a firmware update to 388.6 Beta1, so I wasn't sure which one caused the problem.

Wish I had resisted the upgrade urge, but I knew I had a brief window of opportunity to do these upgrades (no one else at home on the network).
The option to use the compatible - seemingly - previous install would have shown. Unless you needlessly reformatted the device before that. You did not know. Now you do.

i started from scratch yeh reinstalling all scrips
Two things might have gone wrong when updating amtm 4.2 on release or during the Diversion 5.0 update:
- The post mount entry was removed or
- The file mount-Entware.mod was deleted or not downloaded. This is the likely scenario for most.

Either way, when rebooting, Entware could not mount due to the missing bits.
Nothing would have been deleted in the Entware folder, hence reinstalling by using the previous compatible installation will restore everything back to normal.

The option to use the compatible - seemingly - previous install would have shown. Unless you needlessly reformatted the device before that. You did not know. Now you do.
Yeah, I did see the option to re-use the previous Entware installation, but was REALLY trying to do what I could at that point to avoid any router reboots (the whole family was back and reliant on the network by that time, including various IPTV streams running, etc...).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!