What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Also no matter how often i change the DNS servers on the AX88U it keeps defaulting to google's DNS servers - which are blocked here in China
The only test that worked correctly was when you queried Google dns 8.8.8.8. Show your WAN DNS page after selecting Google dns or any other public dns besides the automatic dhcp dns servers.

The only test that worked correctly was when you queried Google dns 8.8.8.8. Show your WAN DNS page after selecting Google dns or any other public dns besides the automatic dhcp dns servers.
1684206307019.png

1684206329578.png

1684206373593.png

But would skynet install in accesspoint mode is the real question here.
Yes, of course, I understand that was one of the main points of your post, but I was not specifically addressing that particular point, which is why I left it out of the quoted section in my own post.

My reply was meant to dispel the incorrect notion/assumption that there was something inherently wrong if a router operating in "Router Mode" was assigned an IP address (e.g. 192.168.2.9) that was *not* the 1st address (e.g. 192.168.2.1) from its LAN DHCP IP address range, and this false premise had led you to conclude & believe incorrectly that the OP's router either was operating in "AP mode" or must be improperly configured if using "Router Mode" in a double-NAT scenario.

Yes, of course, I understand that was one of the main points of your post, but I was not specifically addressing that particular point, which is why I left it out of the quoted section in my own post.

My reply was meant to dispel the incorrect notion/assumption that there was something inherently wrong if a router operating in "Router Mode" was assigned an IP address (e.g. 192.168.2.9) that was *not* the 1st address (e.g. 192.168.2.1) from its LAN DHCP IP address range, and this false premise had led you to conclude & believe incorrectly that the OP's router either was operating in "AP mode" or must be improperly configured if using "Router Mode" in a double-NAT scenario.

Regardless of the speculations for which you felt like responding to, that is why I mentioned my continued inference. My speculation wasn't to say that it "couldn't" be possible, but to merely state that I have not seen it as such.

It is a possibility, but I don't think the router would have that IP as the lan ip addr. It typically would be 192.168.2.1 if that were the case.

It was going off the impression that the user had just set this up as it would appear as a "default" setup would not place the lan ip addr as such, regardless of whether the user changed it or not.

I was skeptical and you merely helped with providing clarification on that skepticism. You are legendary! ;)

Last edited:
I had this problem one time, this is why I use DoT on Merlin.
Ok interesting I found a thread on it but don't really understand its benefits yet. What would be the benefit over using fastest DNS servers from for example that app I used DNS jumper and just setting those?

Ok interesting I found a thread on it but don't really understand its benefits yet. What would be the benefit over using fastest DNS servers from for example that app I used DNS jumper and just setting those?
Here is some stuff for you to read, allow education to help you make informed decisions.

I was doubtful that you really can get 3-4 ms response from all those different DNS servers. Your queries are likely being intercepted by a local server in your country. Not that it mattered for the original problem.

Also, what DNS is defined on the LAN DHCP Server page?

I was doubtful that you really can get 3-4 ms response from all those different DNS servers. Your queries are likely being intercepted by a local server in your country. Not that it mattered for the original problem.
Did you set the same settings up to test? If so did you get different milliseconds? That sounds logical that it would be the same server if the milliseconds are the same. I get the same milliseconds when I use cloudflair in comparison to my ISP dns, however goggles and squad 9 have different server sites and timings in comparison. I imagine my ISP share the same server infrastructure with cloudflair. It is quite possible that there are limited server infrastructure in the OP country and all providers have to share the same server site.

Either that, or the OP had a specific defined DNS in the DNS Director or lan dhcp that all client dns requests were being redirected to.

Last edited:
1684253748958.png

yes i tested it again with the OpenDNS servers i chose but yes seems like a likely scenario that china would be intercepting it somewhere no idea really

I've never had a problem with amtm before, but I wanted to swap what USB I was using, so I rebooted the router formatting the jffs and just put the new usb in, ran the curl script, installed amtm, installed fd and formatted the drive, then I try to install diversion, and after I hit 1 and enter, after a couple seconds it just returns to the amtm main menu. Whatdo?

Thanks.

I've never had a problem with amtm before, but I wanted to swap what USB I was using, so I rebooted the router formatting the jffs and just put the new usb in, ran the curl script, installed amtm, installed fd and formatted the drive, then I try to install diversion, and after I hit 1 and enter, after a couple seconds it just returns to the amtm main menu. Whatdo?

Thanks.
Could it be because the new AMTM is currently at the staging ground for release of the newest Diversion? That being said, @thelonelycoder has not finished finalizing or testing it. I am not sure if his current release of AMTM still pulls the old (current) Diversion. Try the manual method for installing Diversion from the SSH terminal.

Before proceeding, please make sure you exit AMTM and the current terminal session. Start a New terminal session. Then proceed with the curl link below into the SSH terminal:

Code:
curl -Os https://diversion.ch/install && sh install

Thanks.
What firmware version is the router on?

386.12 (ac68u)

how do you completely remove amtm? I did the reset and option 2, but it's still there when I ssh and type amtm. I'll try with that curl link above but I just wanna wipe it clean first.

Thanks guys.
Because amtm is part of the firmware, hence the wording "reset" and not remove.

Oh right. When I type amtm now I get something about NTP not ready check router time is synced. Network is a bit janky right now probably just needs some reboots.

Ok I ran that curl and then fd'd then rebooted and it's still returning to the main menu whern trying to install diversion. is it just some temporary web thing and I should try later?
Edit: skynet installs fine

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!