What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have an AC1900P (386.11) which I am using as an AP. AMTM runs, I was able to format an USB drive, create a swap file, get scMerlin working including showing up on the addons tab, however I am unable to get Entware to install and without Entware most other scripts can not be added.

I suppose if someone had a need for the scripts on an AP they first could set it up as a router and then install the wanted scripts and then see if after it was switched back to an AP if they would continue to work.
I've just tested this on a dsl-ac68u in AP mode and entware installed fine. I know it's different hardware but is raising the question if just what is at fault.
1000023143.jpg

Yep.
View attachment 50125
Though having skynet on an ap makes no sense to me.
Someday when I have some time and wife isn't using the WiFi I will try a reset on the AC1900P and see if I can get Entware to install. Really no need to double up as all the scripts I use are running on my AX86S. Having scMerlin though is useful as it allows a quick method to restore certain functions and a back door in by SSH if GUI isn't responding.

So that leaves only two other possibilities, the user is not able to reach github, or is not selecting a hard drive partition when trying to install skynet. I want to say @dave14305 suspicion about github is the culprit, but the user still needs to report back on the matter.

So that leaves only two other possibilities, the user is not able to reach github, or is not selecting a hard drive partition when trying to install skynet. I want to say @dave14305 suspicion about github is the culprit, but the user still needs to report back on the matter.
Here is some information from Skynet on my AX86S which is in front of the AP where I had problems installing Entware. It blocked this site. I'm not sure what it all means but it might be a clue to why some people are having difficulties.

Attachments

• Page1.png
    Page1.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Page2.png
    Page2.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Page3.png
    Page3.png
    121.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Page.png
    Page.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 22
Here is some information from Skynet on my AX86S which is in front of the AP where I had problems installing Entware. It blocked this site. I'm not sure what it all means but it might be a clue to why some people are having difficulties.
That is funny, because here is where skynet whitelists it.

1684183307890.png

Maybe you have a blocked IP range that blocks yacloud.entware.net

You would think skynets default whitelisting would take higher priority over the blacklisting.

How did this conversation get so off-track from not being able to install Skynet from Github on a device in router mode? All these posts are just burying the actual issue.
That is part of the reason the other post about skynet should have had its own thread. These are apparently users that had issues installing entware in the past that decided to spin-off the other conversations topic.

Your issue has always seemed to be the inability to reach the github site. Run some tests from the router.
Code:
nslookup raw.githubusercontent.com
ping raw.githubusercontent.com
traceroute raw.githubusercontent.com
curl -v https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Adamm00/IPSet_ASUS/master/firewall.sh -o /dev/null
Don’t bother with USB replacement or double NAT. If you can’t reach the download site, none of it matters.

Do you live somewhere in the world where an ISP or government would want to block github? Or a country known for bad internet guys and so maybe github is blocking your country or ISP’s addresses?

Can you reach the normal github site from a PC (without a VPN)?

Hi, lots of responses to got through, yes I do live in a difficult country, China but i can reach github without issues. Regular github without VPN is no problem and the lookup was also seems fine:

The ISP fiber router I am behind with my AX88U, they have given the 192.168.1.1 address.

My AX88U I have given the 192.168.2.9 address

1684201177100.png

One thing is for sure. Placing your router in the DMZ will expose all of its ports to the external network. So you would have the firewall of the router that is in double nat with internet hitting its firewall directly, however skynet will only filter be able to filter on the outgoing because skynet only filters outgoing traffic when the "wan-ip" is a private address. Skynet assumes that the ISP's modems firewall will be doing all the incoming filtering; however, it is not when you place the doublenat router in the DMZ.
ISP fiber router has it placed in the DMZ. So you suggest i turn off DMZ on the IPS router? I do have that option of the very options i have?

ISP fiber router has it placed in the DMZ. So you suggest i turn off DMZ on the IPS router? I do have that option of the very options i have?
No here is what I suggest, try installing skynet, capture a screen shot of your terminal showing every action you take until the point it "fails to install" and post it here on the thread explaining what action you took in each screen shot(step).

Hi, lots of responses to got through, yes I do live in a difficult country, China but i can reach github without issues. Regular github without VPN is no problem and the lookup was also seems fine:

The ISP fiber router I am behind with my AX88U, they have given the 192.168.1.1 address.

My AX88U I have given the 192.168.2.9 address

View attachment 50144
Something on the 192.168.1.1 router is redirecting the raw.githubusercontent.com domain to 0.0.0.0, like an adblocker. What if you override the WAN DNS on the Asus router?

No here is what I suggest, try installing skynet, capture a screen shot of your terminal showing every action you take until the point it "fails to install" and post it here on the thread explaining what action you took in each screen shot(step).
ok to start clean for this exercise i have formatted the JFFS partition on reboot.

to make it completely clean i will also reformat the attached drive with journaling on and create new swap file following the order of L&LD step by step instructions in this case via amtm. I have created a large swap 10gb swap file as the drive is large
1684202601518.png

back to amtm - show all scripts then install disk check script

1684202885708.png

Reboot router

log back into router check disk checker log

1684203086250.png

back to show all scripts and install Entware

1684203280174.png

back to show all scripts and install Diversion

1684203760471.png

Router reboots

back to show all scripts and select 2 to install Skynet

Could that be the DMZ on the IPS router doing this? I could switch that off
It would be coming from the DNS server on 192.168.1.1. Can you login to it and see the dns settings?

Run these tests on the Asus router:
Code:
nslookup raw.githubusercontent.com 127.0.0.1
nslookup raw.githubusercontent.com 8.8.8.8
cd /etc
cat resolv.conf
cat hosts

It would be coming from the DNS server on 192.168.1.1. Can you login to it and see the dns settings?

Run these tests on the Asus router:
Code:
nslookup raw.githubusercontent.com 127.0.0.1
nslookup raw.githubusercontent.com 8.8.8.8
cd /etc
cat resolv.conf
cat hosts
1684205116864.png

I can only log into it with limited access, there is a master password the ISP installers use but they don't want to give that up
Also no matter how often i change the DNS servers on the AX88U it keeps defaulting to google's DNS servers - which are blocked here in China

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!