What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That was fast! Thank you very much for you help!

How are you trying to access the pixelserv-tls certificate? What error is shown?
Page is not loading at all, I`m using 192.168.1.2/ca.crt
Before following this guide, was your router in a good/known state. Meaning, was it stable and performed as expected?
Yes
Do you know what IP address the router is on? And pixelserv-tls? Are Diversion and pixelserv-tls running?
Yes is 192.168.1.1 and yes they are running fine I suppose as I do not see ads on any devices, one thing that I noticed recently for example is that on hhq.tv before was not loading, probably because of pixelserv-tls certificate as I was getting a certificate error in my browser but now when I see any videos that belongs to hhq.tv they load fine and seems it redirects me on 56.com if I access hhq.tv directly but before was not loading at all, other ads seems they are blocked fine
If your router is not as stable as it could be, following this guide will not make it any more stable, as is stated in the 'assumptions' in the first post.
I understand
If you need to get your router to a good/known state, please follow my M&M Config guide. The link is in my signature below.
I will do that, on my router most of your M&M rules are already disabled by default.

I want to make the following steps next time, could you please tell me if I`m doing something wrong:

1.Remove all USB devices from the router
2.Reboot via the gui and let it settle for 5 minutes
3.Perform a full reset to factory defaults
4.Clearing the NVRAM - wps+power button or red reset button?
which one is better to use or none...
5.M&M
6.Flash the firmware
7.Reset to factory defaults via the gui.
8.After the router has rebooted, hard reboot (pull the power plug)?
is this before making ISP and wifi set-up or first set-up and then hard reboot...
9.M&M
10.Unplug all network equipment from the AC wall outlets for 10 minimum minutes, 1 hour i understand is recommend
11.Flash again the firmware.
12.Reset to factory defaults via the gui.
13.M&M

..............................M&M on my router RT-AC3200
* The other steps from your M&M are default on my router.
* Disable USB app
* Disable WPS.
* Disable Spanning-Tree Protocol?
why is this mandatory?
* Format JFFS partition at next boot: Yes. - Reboot the router
* Reboot the router again after 5 minutes -
second reboot is without format JFFS partition at next boot?

Thanks again and sorry for my long post.

Last edited:
Sorry, But I have a question, On my RT-AC5300 I look at the Tools Tab/System Info Tab and where it shows my SWAP File it reads 0.00/2048 MB, I followed the road map above and to get it to read I had to do a push button Reboot and pull out the Thumb drive reinsert it to get it just to read this than I install Entware again because disk scan said it wasn't mounted but now it is. I have no real way of looking at it to see if it is working. Please advice.

0.00/2048 MB
This means you have a swap file the size of 2048 MB, 0.00 MB of it is in use.
Which is perfectly normal, the router will use the swap when it runs out of memory automatically.

my SWAP File it reads 0.00/2048 MB,

After you install the swap file it takes some time in hours for it to start showing it is being used. Then if you power cycle the router it erases all the temporary data in the temporary swap file and will show zero again.

Thanks you both Very Much. Are either of you using the FreshJR Qos? If you install it set it up hopefully right do you set up right are your speed test speeds suppose to drop 910 down to 580 down and 936 up to 690 up?

Thanks you both Very Much. Are either of you using the FreshJR Qos? If you install it set it up hopefully right do you set up right are your speed test speeds suppose to drop 910 down to 580 down and 936 up to 690 up?

FreshJR has stated that with Gbps ISP speeds you shouldn't be using Adaptive QoS, nor his script. ;)

Great I will Unistall. Thank you. I have a serious buffer issue and thought that might help. I am getting real good with Putty.

You may want to start a new thread and see what help may be provided here. :)

About to do a full network rebuild and upgrade to 384.11 (including a fresh scripts install). I'll be suing both Diversion and Skynet. And so, to confirm, should I install Entware via amtm or Diversion? still not 100% sure based on the instructions here.

Thanks!

About to do a full network rebuild and upgrade to 384.11 (including a fresh scripts install). I'll be suing both Diversion and Skynet. And so, to confirm, should I install Entware via amtm or Diversion? still not 100% sure based on the instructions here.

Thanks!

Step 5.
5. Optionally, if Diversion is also required,
  1. Install Diversion (Lite) and it will properly install Entware or
  2. Install Diversion (Standard) and it will properly install Entware and pixelserv-tls too

Step 5.
5. Optionally, if Diversion is also required,
  1. Install Diversion (Lite) and it will properly install Entware or
  2. Install Diversion (Standard) and it will properly install Entware and pixelserv-tls too

I saw that, but it says Optional. Is there a "best" choice if I'm doing Diversion?

I saw that, but it says Optional. Is there a "best" choice if I'm doing Diversion?

Yes, and the option you're choosing is to install Diversion, so, let Diversion do it. Just like thelonelycoder states above. :)

I will try to re-word that part so there is less confusion in the future. :)

Full re-install seems to be going well. Finally working on scripts and the reconfigure.
one question, when I installed amtm last year, I used to be able to open in putty by just typing "amtm". why has it changed to the full /jffs/scripts/amtm?

Full re-install seems to be going well. Finally working on scripts and the reconfigure.
one question, when I installed amtm last year, I used to be able to open in putty by just typing "amtm". why has it changed to the full /jffs/scripts/amtm?
The first time, after you’ve installed amtm, you have to type the full path, but, as I’m sure you’ve now noticed, thereafter, typing just amtm is all you need to access this wonderful piece of software.

@martinr, almost! :)

You either need Entware installed by itself or along with Diversion to have the 'shortcut' we're so used to. :)

Got it. Guess I hadn't noticed that the first time. And yay, full resintall done. All scripts running and pulling 1gpbs :)

Along the lines of letting Diversion install Entware it is also my understanding the it is best to update Entware via Diversion>ep>6>6 vs using ew in amtm? Or are those two different operations? Noob here.

Along the lines of letting Diversion install Entware it is also my understanding the it is best to update Entware via Diversion>ep>6>6 vs using ew in amtm? Or are those two different operations? Noob here.

Those are two different but related options. :)

You are correct to install Entware via Diversion when you also want Diversion, of course.

Once Entware and Diversion are installed? Best to update Entware via the menu options you list. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!