What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Well the command is usually at the top of my shell history so I dont have to rely on my poor memory. ;P

After further reading, I think you shouldn't waste time integrating ya-malware since merlin is understandably ending support for older mips (n66u) this year. I think this puts 2018 as the eol for the good ole iron router. Sad as that is for my sense of utility+nostalgia, I have hopes that my new router will be as long lived.

That said, I know it's ot, but which router model do you guys think is most likely to follow in the footsteps of the n66u as far as longevity?

Kev

Well the command is usually at the top of my shell history so I dont have to rely on my poor memory. ;P

After further reading, I think you shouldn't waste time integrating ya-malware since merlin is understandably ending support for older mips (n66u) this year. I think this puts 2018 as the eol for the good ole iron router. Sad as that is for my sense of utility+nostalgia, I have hopes that my new router will be as long lived.

That said, I know it's ot, but which router model do you guys think is most likely to follow in the footsteps of the n66u as far as longevity?

Kev

It seems like the AC-86U is the new darling around here these days. It'll prolly be my next router too, as long as the the 384 AiMesh update makes it to the 68U.

The .ash_history file is copied over to jffs, duplicates removed, sorted and ab-solution put on top of the list by AB-Solution whenever you start and exit it.
Without this, the history is lost after reboot.

I have a small annoying problem with amtm. When I use amtm and go to ban an ip in skynet as soon as I hit enter skynet exits back to amtm not allowing option of another ban or other function. You can open skynet again its just its seems to prematurely close after single applied setting.

I have a small annoying problem with amtm. When I use amtm and go to ban an ip in skynet as soon as I hit enter skynet exits back to amtm not allowing option of another ban or other function. You can open skynet again its just its seems to prematurely close after single applied setting.
Do tell me where you end up when doing the same operation directly in Skynet, without using amtm.
Is it the terminal prompt?
There you go. Talk to @Adamm about it.

Do tell me where you end up when doing the same operation directly in Skynet, without using amtm.
Is it the terminal prompt?
There you go. Talk to @Adamm about it.
Youre absolutley right....early yet need more coffee.....that was a dumb question man:confused:!

Lol

Can you show me how to replicate this?

Code:
admin@RT-AC68U-EE20:/tmp/home/root# amtm
 SNBForum Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

amtm 1.0            by thelonelycoder
---------------------------------------
 RT-AC68U armv7l 382.3 192.168.1.1

SNBForum scripts
 1  open     AB-Solution
 2  install  dnscrypt installer
 3  update   Entware
 4  install  pixelserv-tls beta version
 5  open     Skynet

swp delete   Swap file /mnt/Main

u  update
 r  remove
 a  about
 e  exit

What do you want to do?  5
#!/bin/sh
#############################################################################################################
#                    _____ _                     _           _____                     #
#                   / ____| |                   | |         | ____|                    #
#                  | (___ | | ___   _ _ __   ___| |_  __   _| |__                      #
#                   \___ \| |/ / | | | '_ \ / _ \ __| \ \ / /___ \                     #
#                   ____) |   <| |_| | | | |  __/ |_   \ V / ___) |                    #
#                  |_____/|_|\_\\__, |_| |_|\___|\__|   \_/ |____/                     #
#                                __/ |                                                 #
#                               |___/                                                  #
#                                                        #
## - 13/01/2018 -           Asus Firewall Addition By Adamm v5.7.0                    #
##                   https://github.com/Adamm00/IPSet_ASUS                    #
#############################################################################################################

Router Model; RT-AC68U
Skynet Version; v5.7.0 (13/01/2018)
iptables v1.4.15 - (ppp0 @ 192.168.1.1)
ipset v6.32, protocol version: 6
FW Version; 382.3_alpha1-gb26683d (Jan 10 2018) (2.6.36.4brcmarm)
Install Dir; /tmp/mnt/Main/skynet (12.7G / 14.1G Space Available)
SWAP File; /tmp/mnt/Main/myswap.swp (512.0M)
Boot Args; /jffs/scripts/firewall start debug banmalware usb=/tmp/mnt/Main

130889 IPs / 1925 Ranges Banned. 0 New IPs / 0 New Ranges Banned. 189 Inbound / 53 Outbound Connections Blocked!

Select Menu Option:
[1]  --> Unban
[2]  --> Ban
[3]  --> Banmalware
[4]  --> Whitelist
[5]  --> Import IP List
[6]  --> Deport IP List
[7]  --> Save
[8]  --> Restart Skynet
[9]  --> Temporarily Disable Skynet
[10] --> Update Skynet
[11] --> Debug Options
[12] --> Stats
[13] --> Install Skynet / Change Boot Options
[14] --> Uninstall

[r]  --> Reload Menu
[e]  --> Exit Menu

[1-14]: 2

What Type Of Input Would You Like To Ban:
[1]  --> IP
[2]  --> Range
[3]  --> Domain
[4]  --> Country

[1-4]: 1

Input IP To Ban:

[IP]: 8.8.8.8

Input Comment For Ban:

[Comment]:

Banning 8.8.8.8
Saving Changes

#!/bin/sh
#                    _____ _                     _           _____                     #
#                   / ____| |                   | |         | ____|                    #
#                  | (___ | | ___   _ _ __   ___| |_  __   _| |__                      #
#                   \___ \| |/ / | | | '_ \ / _ \ __| \ \ / /___ \                     #
#                   ____) |   <| |_| | | | |  __/ |_   \ V / ___) |                    #
#                  |_____/|_|\_\\__, |_| |_|\___|\__|   \_/ |____/                     #
#                                __/ |                                                 #
#                               |___/                                                  #
## - 13/01/2018 -           Asus Firewall Addition By Adamm v5.7.0                    #

Router Model; RT-AC68U

130890 IPs / 1925 Ranges Banned. 1 New IPs / 0 New Ranges Banned. 189 Inbound / 53 Outbound Connections Blocked!

Select Menu Option:
[1]  --> Unban
[2]  --> Ban
[3]  --> Banmalware
[4]  --> Whitelist
[5]  --> Import IP List
[6]  --> Deport IP List
[7]  --> Save
[8]  --> Restart Skynet
[10] --> Update Skynet
[11] --> Debug Options
[12] --> Stats
[14] --> Uninstall

[r]  --> Reload Menu
[e]  --> Exit Menu

[1-14]: e

Exiting!

SNBForum scripts
 1  open     AB-Solution
 3  update   Entware
 5  open     Skynet

u  update
 r  remove
 a  about
 e  exit

What do you want to do?  e

See you later

admin@RT-AC68U-EE20:/tmp/home/root#

Can you show me how to replicate this?

Code:
admin@RT-AC68U-EE20:/tmp/home/root# amtm

SNBForum scripts
 1  open     AB-Solution
 3  update   Entware
 5  open     Skynet

u  update
 r  remove
 a  about
 e  exit

What do you want to do?  5
#!/bin/sh

Router Model; RT-AC68U

130889 IPs / 1925 Ranges Banned. 0 New IPs / 0 New Ranges Banned. 189 Inbound / 53 Outbound Connections Blocked!

Select Menu Option:
[1]  --> Unban
[2]  --> Ban
[3]  --> Banmalware
[4]  --> Whitelist
[5]  --> Import IP List
[6]  --> Deport IP List
[7]  --> Save
[8]  --> Restart Skynet
[10] --> Update Skynet
[11] --> Debug Options
[12] --> Stats
[14] --> Uninstall

[r]  --> Reload Menu
[e]  --> Exit Menu

[1-14]: 2

What Type Of Input Would You Like To Ban:
[1]  --> IP
[2]  --> Range
[3]  --> Domain
[4]  --> Country

[1-4]: 1

Input IP To Ban:

[IP]: 8.8.8.8

Input Comment For Ban:

[Comment]:

Banning 8.8.8.8
Saving Changes

#!/bin/sh

Router Model; RT-AC68U

130890 IPs / 1925 Ranges Banned. 1 New IPs / 0 New Ranges Banned. 189 Inbound / 53 Outbound Connections Blocked!

Select Menu Option:
[1]  --> Unban
[2]  --> Ban
[3]  --> Banmalware
[4]  --> Whitelist
[5]  --> Import IP List
[6]  --> Deport IP List
[7]  --> Save
[8]  --> Restart Skynet
[10] --> Update Skynet
[11] --> Debug Options
[12] --> Stats
[14] --> Uninstall

[r]  --> Reload Menu
[e]  --> Exit Menu

[1-14]: e

Exiting!

SNBForum scripts
 1  open     AB-Solution
 3  update   Entware
 5  open     Skynet

u  update
 r  remove
 a  about
 e  exit

What do you want to do?  e

See you later

admin@RT-AC68U-EE20:/tmp/home/root#
I am so sorry! I'm having a rough morning. Asking dumb questions. This happened when I re-installed yesterday. I picked up a new flash drive. I cannot now replicate the issue. If it happens again I will know now its obviously environmental. I started the re-install with installing AMTM. From there I installed ab-solution first and then skynet. During that process somehow I was bounced out and it kind of surprised me at the time.

Now I know. Before AMTM knew Entware was installed by ABS and when installing Skynet and doing basic configuration steps, the odd time I would get kicked out. I cannot remember specific commands. Since re-installing AMTM (because it calls for it eventually to be re-installed so you can take advantage of Entware effects) it never happens again..

I'm starting fresh today, so I reformatted my USB-drive too. I created a 2,1 GB partition SWAP to install the swapfile on, but unfortunately AMTM says there's not enough space for a 2GB swapfile. How large should the partition be, to be able to create a 2Gb swapfile? I was hoping 2,1Gb would suffice...

I'm starting fresh today, so I reformatted my USB-drive too. I created a 2,1 GB partition SWAP to install the swapfile on, but unfortunately AMTM says there's not enough space for a 2GB swapfile. How large should the partition be, to be able to create a 2Gb swapfile? I was hoping 2,1Gb would suffice...
Basic rule is x2 of physical ram. Unlikely u will use up all.
1gb is more than enough. If really the router is going to use so much swap, performance hit is expected.

Basic rule is x2 of physical ram. Unlikely u will use up all.
1gb is more than enough. If really the router is going to use so much swap, performance hit is expected.
Okay, thought I read somewhere @thelonelycoder said a 2Gb swap would be fine.

So, with a RT-AC68U (256Mb) a 512Mb swap would be fine. How large should the partition be? I would like to have the swapfile have on a dedicated partition. How much space do I need to reserve to be able to create a 512 Mb swapfile?

So, with a RT-AC68U (256Mb) a 512Mb swap would be fine. How large should the partition be? I would like to have the swapfile have on a dedicated partition. How much space do I need to reserve to be able to create a 512 Mb swapfile?

Why would u need a second partition for that swap. You are running a HDD? The smaller the partition the better? Maybe just a x2 for it?

Anyway u can also Google about swappiness and overcommit. Fine tune the memory management. When u echo, they only stay till u reboot. So I put those command in user scripts.

I believe the problem is that the partition is already "full" from the perspective of the check since you already assigned it as a swap partition.
You best stick with a swap file instead of the swap partition. This way it is compatible with Skynet, amtm and AB-Solution's swap management.
The free space check runs this:
Code:
df "$swapDevice" | xargs | awk '{print $11}'
where $swapdevice is the device ... well you get it.

Sizes in bytes are for 256, 512, 1GB and 2GB respectively:

It is fine, but will hardly be used. I left it at that remark for that particular user for a specific reason.

And as a remark @M@rco the (how does one have that name auto filled by the boards fill in feature?)
The created myswap.swp file is not device specific. Out of impatience I simply copy the file into my MIPS routers from a backup location to avoid having to endure the long creation process on these routers.

Why would u need a second partition for that swap. You are running a HDD? The smaller the partition the better? Maybe just a x2 for it?

Old habits I guess. 'Back in the days' (not so long ago btw) the general concensus was having a dedicated swap partition. As the scriptson our routers now use a swapfile, there's no need to anymore, but I still have the habit of creating it's own space when it comes to creating swap(-file, in this case).

I believe the problem is that the partition is already "full" from the perspective of the check since you already assigned it as a swap partition.
You best stick with a swap file instead of the swap partition. This way it is compatible with Skynet, amtm and AB-Solution's swap management.
Actually it wasn't a true swap partition, it was an Ext2 partition, labeled SWAP, but given the sizes you posted, I just had reserved too little space. It's all okay now, just had to repartition my USB-drive to create some extra space.

And as a remark @M@rco the (how does one have that name auto filled by the boards fill in feature?)

If you mean logging in to the forum, Lastpass does a great job at it :p

The created myswap.swp file is not device specific. Out of impatience I simply copy the file ...

That's good to know, I wasn't aware of that, thanks!

If you mean logging in to the forum, Lastpass does a great job at it :p
I'm a KeePass guy ;)
If you type @ and immediately start typing a user name, after the third character a popup comes up to select from a list, with the @ in your name that does not happen.

If you type @ and immediately start typing a user name, after the third character a popup comes up to select from a list, with the @ in your name that does not happen.

Ah, the username suggestion/auto complete function. Hadn't thought of that when creating a new account. As 'Marco' was already taken, decided to go for this. Well, I'll most likely read it anyway if someone should ping me and apparently some people are creative enough to manage to get it to work anyway ;)

I have some feedback on amtm 1.0, a few thing I encountered today when first using it. As mentioned above, I started fresh today and installed amtm using the command in the OP. I know you're busy with AB4, but wanted to provide feedback before I forget it...

First thing I did after installation of amtm, I noticed a grep line in the menu. Knowing your way of coding, it's probably not supposed to be there.
"Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs" in the WebUI is already enabled btw.

ELFCwXW.png

Swapfile gets created and the amtm menu re-appears:

uESCuMY.png

Next up: install AB-Solution (what else? :D)

RdhAFtP.png

...which went fine. Next up, installing Entware:

h3PusPV.png

Worked like a charm. However, as you can see, suddenly my swap has disappeared according to amtm.
In reality it's still there though, I left amtm to check.

When returning to amtm, swap is still not detected:

e3C3QI3.png

I still have to install SkyNet, so if I find anything else, I'll post some more feedback.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!