What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
Welcome, this is amtm, the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

amtm is a front end that manages popular scripts for wireless routers running Asuswrt-Merlin firmware. Starting with Asuswrt-Merlin 384.15, amtm is included in the firmware.

August 08 2020
amtm 3.1.8 is now available

See what's new in amtm v3.1.8

How to update amtm
In the amtm menu, enter u to update to this latest version.
The firmware built-in and the regular amtm version receive updates at the same time.

Install command for Asuswrt-Merlin firmware older than 384.15
Copy and paste the complete command below into your favorite SSH terminal, then press Enter.
Code:
curl -Os https://diversion.ch/amtm/amtm && sh amtm
Routers with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware 384.15 and newer require no installation, amtm is included in the firmware. The firmware built in amtm adds FW next to the version.

5mLIcxE.png

amtm start command
Code:
amtm
On firmware older than 384.15, you may have to enter the full path to amtm.
Note that the command below does not work for the firmware built in amtm.
Code:
/jffs/scripts/amtm

amtm is hosted on the Diversion website: https://diversion.ch/amtm.html

amtm License
amtm is free to use under the GNU General Public License, version 3 (GPL-3.0).

Screenshot with u update check, Asuswrt-Merlin firmware is up to date, no new stable version available.

my2pckno67j.png

Last edited:
Can I suggest the automated install for dnscrypt please it would be a great way to round out these popular scripts. ;)

Can I suggest the automated install for dnscrypt please it would be a great way to round out these popular scripts. ;)
As long as a finished install script is available with it I can include it.
You mean the one by @bigeyes0x0 here?
Sure, I could add it. But..

The idea with amtm is to have a central point to select already made scripts to install (with the install command posted) and start its own UI with it.
In AB-Solution, for the install it runs the same install command as on the website, when installed, it simply starts the AB UI. Same with Skynet.
The dnscrypt installer provides no menu of it's own. So I'm not sure this makes sense to add.

dnscrypt has just couple of options during its install, and it'll be nice to have it "centralised" along with ABS and Skynet, just to see that it's installed (and working). It's also nice to have it there, so it'll be easier to change the server's selection when/if needed. I personally have to re-install DNSCrypt every now and then as some of the servers sometimes are going offline.. :)

dnscrypt has just couple of options during its install, and it'll be nice to have it "centralised" along with ABS and Skynet, just to see that it's installed (and working). It's also nice to have it there, so it'll be easier to change the server's selection when/if needed. I personally have to re-install DNSCrypt every now and then as some of the servers sometimes are going offline.. :)
I have not run it for a while. Seems to change the settings/servers you simply run the install command again.
That would be doable with amtm. I'm not sure how it copes with the new Asuswrt-Merlin 382.x firmware tough and I can't test it.

Very nice. THANK YOU! Just to clarify my customer story:
I would like 1 portal (AMTM I like it already :) ) where both all install as well as all run scripts are available. The purpose is to prevent repetitive tasks (looking up and cutting/pasting commands from personal notes or forum topics) and have them all in one place, available by just installing 1 script.

This means that when you get a new router, or you do a full reset, or for whatever other reason you need to reinstall your USB. You can now do that by just running this script and complete everything within the same telnet/ssh session.

Also from a support perspective, this is pretty much idiot proof and if people just follow the scripts and don't deviate it will reduce support questions tremendously

What I would like to see in this menu would be an installer section: (if "dynamic here means that it only shows the options of the absent programs, that's even neater :)
1. ab-solution curl install script
2. Skynet curl install script
3. Pixelsrv kvic curl update script to latest.
4. maybe a USB EXT2 format script? (no more dragging USB sticks around and long debates about best format program / file system variation :) )
5. create swap file? (i understood some router models needed to create a swap?)
5. Whatever other install scripts people find usefull

then maybe a second section to avoid more shortcut clutter, or typing in telnet
1. Start ab-solution menu (1 keypress instead of typing ./ab-solution.sh)
2. Start Skynet menu
3. ?? any other apps that get added??

In that way you only have to install 1 script to your router and can maintain everything form there onward, without keeping notes, pasting commands etc. No need to double up functionality that's already in Skynet or ab-solution itself, I'm just thinking out loud :)

Last edited:
I have to do some other work first before I can finish v0.1 and publish it.
Until then, look at what this version already can do:

Check, already done in v0.1
: 1. ab-solution curl install script
Check, already done in v0.1: 2. Skynet curl install script
Check, already done in v0.1: 3. Pixelsrv kvic curl update script to latest.
Maybe next version: 4. maybe a USB EXT2 format script? (no more dragging USB sticks around and long debates about best format program / file system variation :) )
Maybe next version: 5. create swap file? (i understood some router models needed to create a swap?)
More will be added when time allows: 5. Whatever other install scripts people find usefull

Check, already done in v0.1: 1. Start ab-solution menu (1 keypress instead of typing ./ab-solution.sh)
Check, already done in v0.1: 2. Start Skynet menu
More will be added when time allows: 3. ?? any other apps that get added??

Edit: The (u) (and a, r, e) refer to amtm itself...

Can't wait :)
One more note (probably redundant as I’m sure you guys already thought about it)
Exiting the programs / tasks brings you back in amtm

This is great stuff. @thelonelycoder @Adamm @kvic @RMerlin thank you again for your joined efforts going above and beyond with these ASUS routers!

Last edited:
Exiting the programs / tasks brings you back in amtm
I'm not sure that works for all, but the intention is to have it that way.
AB is especially picky with sub-shells running it, I need to test this extensively.
For Skynet it works out of the box.

I have not run it for a while. Seems to change the settings/servers you simply run the install command again.
That would be doable with amtm. I'm not sure how it copes with the new Asuswrt-Merlin 382.x firmware tough and I can't test it.
I've used dnscrypt for a couple years. I'm running 382.1_1 firmware. I have had zero trouble with it so far and don't expect to have any.

I've used dnscrypt for a couple years. I'm running 382.1_1 firmware. I have had zero trouble with it so far and don't expect to have any.
Alright, included. You'll be the primary tester for it's functions. I have no time to test it.
It should work tough!

Ah, GitHub. It's been a while since I used it last. September 13 2016 to be exact, I've released AB-Solution 2.0.1 then.
After that, AB 3 came out in November that year. The milestone that added full integration of pixelserv-tls into AB.

I need to first re-familiarize myself with it so I can upload the new repository.
But first: Dinner.

Ah, GitHub. It's been a while since I used it last. September 13 2016 to be exact, I've released AB-Solution 2.0.1 then.
After that, AB 3 came out in November that year. The milestone that added full integration of pixelserv-tls into AB.

I need to first re-familiarize myself with it so I can upload the new repository.
But first: Dinner.

Check out Github Desktop for a easy to use git client. Makes life a lot easier.

Alright, included. You'll be the primary tester for it's functions. I have no time to test it.
It should work tough!
No problem I'll definitely test for you my friend!!

Absolutely awesome everything works for me!!
That's a relief!
When I first responded to @Raphie about his request I blurted out something along the lines that such a script is a piece of cake to make.
Now, I did have fun coding it but the recipe for that cake kept changing until I was convinced I can bake it in the oven.
How does it taste?

That's a relief!
When I first responded to @Raphie about his request I blurted out something along the lines that such a script is a piece of cake to make.
Now, I did have fun coding it but the recipe for that cake kept changing until I was convinced I can bake it in the oven.
How does it taste?
Wonderful lol!

All actions _should_ return to the amtm menu except when installing AB-Solution. Starting AB, however, will return but I would be cautious what actions you make.
I have not fully tested it.

Check out Github Desktop for a easy to use git client. Makes life a lot easier.
That's the one I'm using. But I uninstalled it a while ago for lack of use. I had to search for the name to reinstall it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!