What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OMG !!

- NEW: amtm (Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu) by thelonelycoder has
been added to the firmware. Running "amtm" over SSH will
give you a menu allowing you to select and install various
addons, such as Diversion (ad blocker) or SKynet (an
advanced firewall extension).

;)

I saw the "bad number", too. Updated dnscrypt for the 4th time now. 5 minutes ago I removed amtm using the "r" option. Then applied a fresh install and selected "u" again. bad number is still there.
Try uu in amtm, this force updates itself.

If the error still persists, do this:
1. exit amtm
2. run this, don't worry, nothing gets broken in dnscrypt:
Code:
rm /jffs/dnscrypt/installer
3. open amtm, it thinks dnscrypt installer is not present
4. enter di in amtm and select to install dnscrypt installer (it's still OK, believe me!), this downloads the installer file.
5. the dnscrypt installer menu opens. Enter q to exit, no need to reconfigure
All done.

Not sure if this has been posted, but is anyone having issues with Skynet? When I access amtm and hit option 2, Skynet opens but I get the "USB not found" error.

Not sure if this has been posted, but is anyone having issues with Skynet? When I access amtm and hit option 2, Skynet opens but I get the "USB not found" error.
That's a Skynet error, has nothing to do with amtm IMHO.

That's a Skynet error, has nothing to do with amtm IMHO.
No problem, my previous USB went bad and I'm using a new USB, I just finished setting it up with amtm and Skynet is the only thing not working for me. I'll keep troubleshooting.

UPDATE: I had to manually install Skynet...now it opens thru AMTM. ALL IS GOOD!

Just pushed an update for the dnscrypt installer. This fix auto-downloads the latest installer file if it does not contain the version string.
Use u to update.

See that's a the magic Avada Kedavra explanation I was waiting for [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji13][emoji13]

Uh, that curse kills things. I hope you meant Abracadabra instead. That’s the magic one that opens sesame or whatever...the golden gates to heaven, maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am tying to update YazFi v3.2.3 on RT-AC5300, but it keeps finding it's lock file (and creating if I remove it), so it won't let me update.

Code:
Jan 26 17:32:59 xxx YazFi: Lock file found (age: 116 seconds) - stopping to prevent duplicate runs
Jan 26 17:33:04 xxx YazFi: Stale lock file found (>120 seconds old) - purging lock
Jan 26 17:33:08 xxx YazFi: Stale lock file found (>120 seconds old) - purging lock
Jan 26 17:33:10 xxx YazFi: Lock file found (age: 2 seconds) - stopping to prevent duplicate runs
Jan 26 17:35:41 xxx YazFi: Lock file found (age: 1 seconds) - stopping to prevent duplicate runs
Jan 26 17:36:35 xxx YazFi: Lock file found (age: 55 seconds) - stopping to prevent duplicate runs
Jan 26 17:37:38 xxx YazFi: Lock file found (age: 118 seconds) - stopping to prevent duplicate runs
Jan 26 17:37:40 xxx YazFi: Lock file found (age: 120 seconds) - stopping to prevent duplicate runs
Jan 26 17:37:41 xxx YazFi: Stale lock file found (>120 seconds old) - purging lock
Jan 26 17:37:43 xxx YazFi: Lock file found (age: 2 seconds) - stopping to prevent duplicate runs
That's not an amtm problem, post in the YazFi thread to get help.

That's not an amtm problem, post in the YazFi thread to get help.
1 open Diversion v4.1.8
2 open Skynet v7.0.9
[: bad number
[: bad number

amtm still broken - wont force uu

Enter option uu
amtm: exec: line 312: amtm: not found
joescian@RT-AC5300-0680:/jffs/scripts#

Last edited:
I've updated a number of routers to amtm 3.1 today. A few notes follow.

Starting with my personal RT-AX88U, I had the 'lock file' issue with YazFi. On my router, I first updated amtm, then I updated all the other scripts afterward. No matter what I tried, except to manually delete the locked file, (reboot the router, use the 'uu' method to force the amtm 3.1 updates to be applied again), the issue remained. To fix; I simply removed YazFi and then simply re-installed it. Lesson learned. ;)

On a number of other (customer's) routers (multiple RT-AC66U_B1, RT-AC68U, RT-AC3100, RT-AC86U and RT-AX88U's), I first updated all individual scripts, then I would update amtm. No issues. :)

On many of the above routers, this was achieved with text messages and using OpenVPN to connect to those customers and let them know to enable the OpenVPN server for me (temporarily).

On the customer networks that I visited myself today (3!), not only did I update amtm and all scripts, I also updated to the Jack Yaz 2.3.1 pixelserv.tls version for them too (and updated the ca.crt on their Apple devices).

Except for my own network, a reboot wasn't required on any of the others. :)

Today was a good day. Thank you @thelonelycoder! :)

Looking forward to seeing this baked into the RMerlin firmware soon. ;)

Uh, that curse kills things. I hope you meant Abracadabra instead. That’s the magic one that opens sesame or whatever...the golden gates to heaven, maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naa!! I did write that killing curse in the context of a "killer explanation" of what I asked [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Reactions: a5m
I uninstalled dnscrypt proxy and this is what AMTM gives me after i try entering update u- there is something seriously wrong with AMTM 3.1.0 me thinks.

Enter option u
amtm 3.1.0 by thelonelycoder
RT-AC5300 (armv7l) FW-384.15 @ 192.168.2.240
The Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu
1 open Diversion v4.1.8 upd err
2 open Skynet v7.0.9 upd err
3 open FreshJR QOS v8.8 upd err
4 open YazFi v3.2.3 upd err
5 open scribe v2.4.1 upd err
j1 open connmon v2.2.0 upd err
j2 open ntpMerlin v2.2.0 upd err
j3 open scMerlin v1.0.3 upd err
j4 open spdMerlin v3.1.0 upd err
j6 open uiScribe v1.2.0 upd err
di open dnscrypt ins. v2.0.0 upd err
dnscrypt-pro. 2.0.36 upd err
ep manage Entware packages no upd
m menu amtm uu force update upd err

Rebooted router - reinstalled dnscrypt proxy and all is well again - even uu is working

Last edited:
I uninstalled dnscrypt proxy and this is what AMTM gives me after i try entering update u- there is something seriously wrong with AMTM 3.1.0 me thinks.

Enter option u
amtm 3.1.0 by thelonelycoder
RT-AC5300 (armv7l) FW-384.15 @ 192.168.2.240
The Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu
1 open Diversion v4.1.8 upd err
2 open Skynet v7.0.9 upd err
3 open FreshJR QOS v8.8 upd err
4 open YazFi v3.2.3 upd err
5 open scribe v2.4.1 upd err
j1 open connmon v2.2.0 upd err
j2 open ntpMerlin v2.2.0 upd err
j3 open scMerlin v1.0.3 upd err
j4 open spdMerlin v3.1.0 upd err
j6 open uiScribe v1.2.0 upd err
di open dnscrypt ins. v2.0.0 upd err
dnscrypt-pro. 2.0.36 upd err
ep manage Entware packages no upd
m menu amtm uu force update upd err

Rebooted router - reinstalled dnscrypt proxy and all is well again - even uu is working

Now that the cat is out of the bag, I'll make it official.
Starting with Asuswrt-Merlin 384.15, amtm is now part of the firmware. Its first release has been included in the current 384.15 alpha version.

Some info for this new exiting adventure:
- @RMerlin initiated the addition of amtm to the firmware, I have been very busy lately making that happen ;)
- There are now two versions of amtm, the regular release and the firmware release. The latter has "FW" added next to the version number to distinguish it. Also the a about section mentions the firmware version.
- Both versions of amtm act, feel and behave the same way.
- The version numbering has changed to a three digit version number.
- The firmware version is at v3.1.0, while I still work to clear some bugs to release and replace the current regular 3.0 released version.
- amtm is now modular, with each script having its own *.mod file, stored at /jffs/addons/amtm. The files are downloaded and deleted automatically, depending on the state of the scripts.
- Both versions will receive updates at the same time.
- The regular amtm version retrieves updates through diversion.ch, while the firmware version uses a subdomain of asuswrt-merlin.net. It currently points back to diversion.ch.
- When detected, the regular amtm v3.1.0 will automatically start the firmware version.
- Using and starting amtm will be as simple as entering amtm into the SSH terminal. There is no installation required.
- The firmware version cannot be removed or modified. Instead of the r for remove, this version has an r for reset. It only deletes the files in /jffs/addons/amtm.

That's it for now. Now let me fix and publish that regular amtm v3.1.0 release and the first update for the firmware release.

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/blob/master/Changelog-NG.txt

Edit: Screenshot of amtm 3.1.0 FW

dhqUUrL.png
is there anything in the works to resolve conflicts for those that have AMTM installed vs the new one that is added to the firmware? Basically, what will happen after updating to the 384.15 if one already has amtm installer installed the old way

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!