What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Am I the only one?
c8da19255fa8f01cdd11a0e7709739f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Happened to me. I restored a backup of the router from before the last update, then was able to successfully run the update on AMTM.

Happened to me. I restored a backup of the router from before the last update, then was able to successfully run the update on AMTM.
I'll give a try, thanks.
I've just updated firmware from 384.15 to .16
I'm finding now different strange things. If that doesn't work I'll do a hard reset and start from scratch

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hmm... there has been entware update today and I cannot update one of the packages... it gets downloaded but fails to get replaced
upload_2020-4-10_15-1-14.png

EDIT:
opkg upgrade gave more insight:

Code:
Upgrading libncursesw on root from 6.1-5 to 6.2-1...
Downloading http://bin.entware.net/aarch64-k3.10/libncursesw_6.2-1_aarch64-3.10.ipk
Collected errors:
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package libncursesw wants to install file /opt/lib/libform.so.6
        But that file is already provided by package  * libncurses
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package libncursesw wants to install file /opt/lib/libmenu.so.6
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package libncursesw wants to install file /opt/lib/libncurses.so.6
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package libncursesw wants to install file /opt/lib/libpanel.so.6

Last edited:
Hmm... there has been entware update today and I cannot update one of the packages... it gets downloaded but fails to get replaced
View attachment 22512

EDIT:
opkg upgrade gave more insight:

Code:
Upgrading libncursesw on root from 6.1-5 to 6.2-1...
Downloading http://bin.entware.net/aarch64-k3.10/libncursesw_6.2-1_aarch64-3.10.ipk
Collected errors:
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package libncursesw wants to install file /opt/lib/libform.so.6
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package libncursesw wants to install file /opt/lib/libmenu.so.6
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package libncursesw wants to install file /opt/lib/libncurses.so.6
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package libncursesw wants to install file /opt/lib/libpanel.so.6
I've had the same problem.
This resolves the problem:
Code:
opkg install --force-reinstall libncursesw

Not sure if this has already been fixed, but I just ran the update and it went fine with no errors.

Attachments

• amtm updates_crop.png
    amtm updates_crop.png
    85.1 KB · Views: 200
  • Entware Update_1_crop.png
    Entware Update_1_crop.png
    251.6 KB · Views: 171
  • Entware Update_2_crop.png
    Entware Update_2_crop.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 193
Well running the command broke my spdmerlin and conmon :p

Code:
***@router:/tmp/home/root# /jffs/scripts/spdmerlin generate
spdMerlin: Starting speedtest using *** for WAN interface

Speedtest by Ookla

Server: ***
        ISP: ***
    Latency:     0.96 ms   (0.01 ms jitter)
   Download:   374.79 Mbps (data used: 169.4 MB)
     Upload:   437.89 Mbps (data used: 720.1 MB)
Packet Loss:     0.0%
 Result URL: ***
/opt/bin/sqlite3: error while loading shared libraries: libncursesw.so.6: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
/opt/bin/sqlite3: error while loading shared libraries: libncursesw.so.6: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
sed: /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/csv/Downloaddaily_WAN.tmp: No such file or directory
head: /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/csv/Downloaddaily_WAN.tmp: No such file or directory
awk: cmd. line:1: Division by zero
sed: /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/csv/Downloadweekly_WAN.tmp: No such file or directory
head: /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/csv/Downloadweekly_WAN.tmp: No such file or directory
sed: /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/csv/Downloadmonthly_WAN.tmp: No such file or directory
head: /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/csv/Downloadmonthly_WAN.tmp: No such file or directory
sed: /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/csv/Uploaddaily_WAN.tmp: No such file or directory
head: /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/csv/Uploaddaily_WAN.tmp: No such file or directory
sed: /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/csv/Uploadweekly_WAN.tmp: No such file or directory
head: /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/csv/Uploadweekly_WAN.tmp: No such file or directory
sed: /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/csv/Uploadmonthly_WAN.tmp: No such file or directory
head: /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/csv/Uploadmonthly_WAN.tmp: No such file or directory

Which I have fixed by running

Code:
opkg install --force-reinstall libncurses

*no >>>w<<< at the end ;)

The unbound daemon dosent upgrade through amtm - anyone else have this issue?
Code:
 ep manage   Entware packages    -> upd avail
- unbound-daemon         1.9.6-1   -> 1.10.0-2

Code:
Installing libunbound-light (1.10.0-2) to root...
Downloading http://bin.entware.net/armv7sf-k2.6/libunbound-light_1.10.0-2_arm                                                                                                    v7-2.6.ipk
Collected errors:
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package libunbound-light wants to install file /opt/lib/libunbound.so.8                                                                                                  
        But that file is already provided by package  * libunbound

Also tried this to no avail - except now since its deleted the old verion of unbound-daemon and it cant install the new version I am left with a screwed Unbound installation with NO daemon

HELP PLEASE!!

Code:
joescian@RT-AC5300-0680:/jffs/scripts# opkg install --force-reinstall unbound-daemon
Removing package unbound-daemon from root...
Installing unbound-daemon (1.10.0-2) to root...
Downloading http://bin.entware.net/armv7sf-k2.6/unbound-daemon_1.10.0-2_armv7-2.6.ipk
Installing libunbound-light (1.10.0-2) to root...
Downloading http://bin.entware.net/armv7sf-k2.6/libunbound-light_1.10.0-2_armv7-2.6.ipk
Collected errors:
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package libunbound-light wants to install file /opt/lib/libunbound.so.8
        But that file is already provided by package  * libunbound
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package unbound-daemon.
joescian@RT-AC5300-0680:/jffs/scripts#

Last edited:
I've had the same problem.
This resolves the problem:
Code:
opkg install --force-reinstall libncursesw

I had htop installed it has a dependancy on libncurses that was causing problems. I removed htop and everything is OK. Will have to wait for entware to sort out the dependancy before installing htop again.

I'm on ATT 1000 Fiber with 384.16 and have enabled IPV6 as native, no other ipv6 settings changed. the ipv6 test pages on the web show all green, yet downloading amtm packages via ipv6 times out or is really slow.

Any suggestions?

@busch09 what do you have for your WAN DNS server settings?

Try testing with 'Manual' and 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 or, if those are already in place, try using 'Automatic' to use your ISP's defaults. Or, of course, try with Quad9 DNS IP's too. :)

I had to re-create a swap file as my USB stick died on me and since I mainly have 1GB sticks around the 1GB option does not work. Before i had 512MB set up which I think to remember was available as an option within AMTM.

Could we bring back that option or better have a manual entry in MB's to solve this?
I'd say some people will still have 1 or 2GB sticks lying around where the 1/2GB swap option will be too big! I had to manually create my swap file.

I had to re-create a swap file as my USB stick died on me and since I mainly have 1GB sticks around the 1GB option does not work. Before i had 512MB set up which I think to remember was available as an option within AMTM.

Could we bring back that option or better have a manual entry in MB's to solve this?
I'd say some people will still have 1 or 2GB sticks lying around where the 1/2GB swap option will be too big! I had to manually create my swap file.
I will not bring back that option in amtm. The minimum 1 GB swap file eliminates errors in connection with Skynet, which should be installed on all routers anyway IMHO.

Last edited:
I will not bring nack that option in amtm. The minimum 1 GB swap file eliminates errors in connection with Skynet, which should be installed on all routers anyway IMHO.

@markusd1984 I agree that 1gb should be the minimum. USB drives are cheap. But if you are hell bent on a swap file less than 1gb, google tells me;

https://linuxize.com/post/create-a-linux-swap-file/

You would have to use the dd command though. I have not tested this, so do so at your own risk.

hello
i wanted to get your advise regarding the reboot scheduler. it is not working for me at all. the router doesnt reboot on specified times. for example, as of today, it shouldve reset 2 days ago
how can i troubleshoot this?

1.JPG 2.JPG

thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!