What's new

Antennas Frequency Binding

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bride

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys,
it's possible to create an option in Asus Merlin firmware, in order to bind all the physical antenna at a specific frequency? for example, if we deactivate 5GHz signal, let all the antennas available to work at 2.4GHz frequency? or vice versa? Thanks

No.

Hi guys,
it's possible to create an option in Asus Merlin firmware, in order to bind all the physical antenna at a specific frequency? for example, if we deactivate 5GHz signal, let all the antennas available to work at 2.4GHz frequency? or vice versa? Thanks

On some models, the antennas are dual band, meaning they are always in use regardless of which frequency. On others they are single band and hardwired to one radio or the other. No way to change them without a soldering iron (and they wouldn't work well since they are the wrong frequency antenna).

On some models, the antennas are dual band, meaning they are always in use regardless of which frequency. On others they are single band and hardwired to one radio or the other. No way to change them without a soldering iron (and they wouldn't work well since they are the wrong frequency antenna).

thanks a lot for the detailed answer, I appreciate it. I was thinking to do some hardware mod on the AC3100, using IPX cables with double connectors, adding four antennas for a total of eight... But I think is more for my personal curiosity than for practical benefits, even because looking at the concept of the newest mesh networks, is not the number of antennas that's making the difference...

thanks a lot for the detailed answer, I appreciate it. I was thinking to do some hardware mod on the AC3100, using IPX cables with double connectors, adding four antennas for a total of eight... But I think is more for my personal curiosity than for practical benefits, even because looking at the concept of the newest mesh networks, is not the number of antennas that's making the difference...

Yeah, it doesn't work like that. It would likely degrade your performance and eventually burn out the radios.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!