What's new

Any settings preventing fast uploads?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RocketJSquirrel

RT-AC68U running Merlin 386.12_4.

I upgraded my cable modem to a Hitron CODA56 as recommended by Comcast. They say my node is provisioned for next gen midsplit and this modem could get me upload speeds up to 200 Mbps.

But I am still seeing the same 40 Mbps I got with my old modem. Comcast agents are baffled.

Is it possible there is some router setting I need to modify to get the faster upload speed? MTU is 1500 and all the TCP/IP timeouts and such are at defaults. Thanks.

Last edited:
Similar problem with comcast may be relevant to you

But I am still seeing the same 40 Mbps I got with my old modem. Comcast agents are baffled.
How are you testing the upload speed? Using the Router's internet speed test? Or some other method? If using the router's own speed test, don't. Use a gigabit wired PC to test. Generally the router's speed test will use a single core and particularly on the RT-AC68U it will report around half the actual speed for faster broadband speed plans.

Similar problem with comcast may be relevant to you
That *is* me!

Never mind. After 2 days of wanting to blame my equipment ("are the cables finger tight? What router and PC are you using?"), Comcast finally admitted fault a few minutes ago.

I noticed something that was off with the way the modem was listed on my end, and I think this would be the cause of the slower speeds. It looks like the bootfile we had for your modem doesn't show registered as one with next generation speeds, so this would essentially block the modem from getting the higher upload speeds. I attempted get that corrected on my side, but it wasn't successfully updating. Not to worry though, I have worked with one of our repair teams to help us get this corrected and they are working to get that updated for us! I don't have a timeline just yet on when that will be completed, but typically we see a turnaround time of 24-72 hours. A ticket was created on our end to be able to track this, so I will be keeping an eye on this for you to provide updates once available!