What's new

Are Chinese ASUS Routers have the same Hardware and Features as WW models?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Please don't cross-post the same question across the forums.

Nobody can answer this question for you. Asus simply doesn't monitor this forum (and they're the only ones who can answer it, with authority).

Please don't cross-post the same question across the forums.

Nobody can answer this question for you. Asus simply doesn't monitor this forum (and they're the only ones who can answer it, with authority).
What are you, the forum police? Lol. I wasn't asking people who work for Asus, I was asking people who have bought this router at Best Buy or other stores. And they can actually answer it because they can see with their own eyes where it was made, on the bottom of their router. It's really not that complicated. And don't worry, after my talk with Tech9 in that other thread, I won't be inquiring about this again. Wasn't going to anyway.

No, I'm trying to help you with forum etiquette.

The vast majority of people who buy these routers do not peruse these forums. Nor would they likely join just to give you their answer.

And even if everyone that is here replied to your question, it doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. That's how small the subset of members are on these forums vs. the conglomerate called Asus that has a world-wide marketplace.

Does anyone know if all of the RT-AX88U Pros are made in Vietnam? I got mine from Amazon and the box has a sticker that says it was made there. So I'm curious if some say they were made in Taiwan. If someone here got theirs from Best Buy or another store, does it say 'Made in Vietnam' as well?

FWIW, I just got a RT-AX86U Pro at BestBuy... 'Made in Vietnam'.

OE

Does anyone know if all of the RT-AX88U Pros are made in Vietnam? I got mine from Amazon and the box has a sticker that says it was made there. So I'm curious if some say they were made in Taiwan. If someone here got theirs from Best Buy or another store, does it say 'Made in Vietnam' as well?
Asus doesn't manufacture routers in Taiwan any more. I'm fact, very few companies do these days, as most of the factories that used to produce routers moved from the island many year ago. I only know of one big and two small players that still make routers in Taiwan today.
I should point out that I used to work for a router manufacturer and the issue isn't really assembly, but rather testing, which requires quite complex and expensive equipment. This means that most router manufacturers only has one full set, so they don't want testing locations in multiple countries.

A quick-ish way to find out where something is made, at least for products that are sold in the US, is to check the labels in the FCC database. Not all of them say where something was manufactured though.

Also, for those of you thinking about importing routers that aren't certified for use in your country, note that customs has the right to seize them and destroy them. As we did a Kickstarter for one of the products where I worked, I'm all too familiar with this happening in some countries.

Last edited: