What's new

Arris S33 on Comcast Business

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mrs_Esterhouse

Occasional Visitor
Has anyone tried an Arris S33 on a Comcast Business tier lower than Business Internet 500? They don't update this sheet regularly but was wondering if it would work at the 200M or 300M tier. I can tell you my Netgear CM1000v2 works at the 200M tier despite it not being listed, so my faith in this list being correct is pretty low.

Go on faith and try it then. Return if it doesn't work.

Unless you plan on upgrading to a tier greater than 1Gbps I would recommend going with the SB8200. It is approved for Comcast and considered by some to have better quality hardware than the S33. It has been a rock solid modem for me.

Unless you plan on upgrading to a tier greater than 1Gbps I would recommend going with the SB8200. It is approved for Comcast and considered by some to have better quality hardware than the S33. It has been a rock solid modem for me.
I'm hoping it might eliminate the +4ms ping times to all sites that started with the CM1000v2. With a laptop directly connected to my modem, I shouldn't be getting 4ms pings to 192.168.100.1.

@fryedchikin, what are your pings to 192.168.100.1 with the SB8200?

Last edited:
Would anyone with an S33 mind posting your pings to 192.168.100.1 via a wired connection? :)