1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Asus AC1900 Failover

Discussion in 'ASUS Wireless' started by misses esterhouse, Jul 26, 2019.

1. misses esterhouse

misses esterhouse Occasional Visitor

Has anyone ever tried to use the usb wan port on this router? I am considering piping in a secondary ISP provider for failover. However, the secondary ISP I would like to use provides a DOCSIS cable modem and I would like to try and use a USB to Ethernet adapter to connect the USB to the Asus AC1900 and an ethernet cable between the adapter and the DOCSIS cable modem for a failover connection. I'm curious if this type of setup will work and/or if anyone has ever tried it?

2. misses esterhouse

misses esterhouse Occasional Visitor

Answered by @RMerlin. This is not possible. For anyone reading this thread, failover can be achieved by using Dual WAN mode and configuring a LAN port for the failover.