What's new

Asus AX86U ping very high

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Turn off both. What are the settings on your wan page?
I turn off the Qos
wan 1.png

wan 2.png

I turn off the Qos

My Ping back to steady on 10 to 40 around in Asian server but some how if I switch between West server and Asian Server the Ping keep on high and never get down.

but if I just keep using Asian Server the Ping is stable :D

here is what I did and following you guys

- Enable Ipv6 ( Native )
- Turn Off Qos
- Turn Off GeForce NOW QoS UPnP control
- Reboot

wan 1.png

wan 2.png

Millions Thanks guys, without you guys help I wont able to know where to go :D, really appreciate you guys help.
@BreakingDad @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow @RMinNJ

My I ask why turning off the Qos and GeForce NOW QoS UPnP control did that impact ? cause the game mode should be Enchant it to be better right ?

Those values listed are the typical for your connection however minor discrepancies can cause connection issues. It is best to check with isp.
somehow they wont let me know about it from my ISP, they ask me to ask ASUS company for it, cause they only service their own router. isit possible I could follow my neighbor ?

1472 ICMP Payload means 1500 MTU when running the ping on Windows:
On Windows 28 bytes header get added to to the -l value.
On Unix tit doesn't so if 1500 works there it is a 1500 MTU

I'm more interested in why "Enable VPN + DHCP Connection" is set to Yes on this router.

I wouldn't touch MTU/MRU values on the router. ISP recommended value must be used there.

I'm more interested in why "Enable VPN + DHCP Connection" is set to Yes on this router.

I wouldn't touch MTU/MRU values on the router. ISP recommended value must be used there.
I honestly don't think the ISP provided those values, they seem to be "asus" defaults for what the connection "may be". You do pose a valid question in regards your interest in "Enable VPN + DHCP Connection". The reason why I asked about the MTU/MRU, was to see if we could eliminate it as a possibility before moving onto the next possible issue. Not to make the user change it to some irrational value that will in turn blow their router (and ISP) up. Sometimes process of elimination is needed in order to fix a potential multi-layer mess.

While this thread explains some bits for us, do you think we need some russian ISP workers to help troubleshoot this problem? Or do you think the OP ISP is correct to tell them to call ASUS?
somehow they wont let me know about it from my ISP, they ask me to ask ASUS company for it, cause they only service their own router. isit possible I could follow my neighbor ?

So I did a little digging. Apparently, the ASUS router is connecting over L2TP (or a similar PPTP method) to maintain DHCP leasing. In this particular instance, the MTU/MRU should be 1492, and that is for the method of connection (essentially the 1492 is an ASUS router default requirement). I don't think the ISP has anything to do with setting that value. Which means most likely asus has picked it to be the optimum setting.

Here is a thread where the user experienced a similar issue as this user.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!