What's new

ASUS devices supporting AI-Mesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Darf Nader

Occasional Visitor
Is there a definitive list of all the ASUS devices that support AI Mesh? I found a third party list that might include all of the Asus routers that support it but I can’t say it’s definitive nor does it list any access points. I don’t know if that’s because access points aren’t supported or if they were just not included. I would like to get a third mesh point by just adding wired access point device rather than spending the money on a router whose router functions that I would not need. Does anyone know of such a thing? ASUS likes to point you to lots of marketing materials rather than a list.

I did a quick search, and there's not much out there in regards to a definitive list, which is pretty surprising. However, I did find this info. Hope it helps.

Asus AiMesh

0IsLvaj.png

Newer DSL-types support Aimesh too as well as buggy Lyra and newer ZenWiFi (dont know how reliable they are).
An access point wont support Aimesh.

My Lyra Trio worked quite reliably when I used it as a node to my RT-AX88U for a few weeks during development.

Can anyone definitively say if this includes the TM-AC1900 once it has had its CFE modified so the firmware can be updated to the latest Merlin-WRT and therefore the equivalent of an RT-AC68U/P? I ask because I went through the arduous process, but after I finally was able to update the firmware with the latest Merlin-WRT for the RT-AC68U/P the admin tool does not offer a way to enable it to be an AIMesh slave. (It also still says it’s a AC-1900.) This is after a hard reset of the device.

I was so proud of myself for getting around all of the stupid obstacles T-Mobile put in place only to find that once I installed the right firmware it still doesn’t mesh resulting in a case of the sads.

In short, I am not sure if I am missing a crucial step to allow AI-Mesh to function. This might include having the device think it’s an RT-AC68U/P right down to how it self-identifies in the admin GUI. Since I haven’t found specifics as to what a the Web UI should look like after it is de-T-mobileafied I can’t be sure if this is expected or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Can anyone definitively say if this includes the TM-AC1900 once it has had its CFE modified so the firmware can be updated to the latest Merlin-WRT and therefore the equivalent of an RT-AC68U/P? I ask because I went through the arduous process, but after I finally was able to update the firmware with the latest Merlin-WRT for the RT-AC68U/P the admin tool does not offer a way to enable it to be an AIMesh slave. (It also still says it’s a AC-1900.) This is after a hard reset of the device.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/snbforums-policy-on-asus-tm-ac1900-conversion-discussion.46018/

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!