What's new

Beta Asus GT-AX6000 beta firmware version 9.0.0.6_102_33874 (2024/02/23)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So for those who upgraded to this beta how has it been? Any issues?

sam

sam
I use mine in AP mode only. A great improvement w.r.t. updating clients lists. I have also noticed a significantly better client handoff between my 3 units as the client device is moved around the home. No issues worse than before updating.

sam
For my use case (AP mode), the official firmware was unacceptable, so I used the initial beta release until this beta appeared. It has been problem free ever since install.

This beta has been amazing apart from it not saving ARP entries 15 mins after PC has been shut down. So it cannot be WOL from any WOL based apps if you have a static IP.
1. The only workaround is to set MAC address ARP via ssh and that is temporary solution as the router forgets as soon as it is rebooted.
2. Else. you have to resort to using Asus router app and use inbuilt WOL feature. But app fails to connect to the router so many times.

@RMerlin mentioned that ARP entries remain static since last 4-5 months as per the source code which had the fix. But for me they scramble after 15 mins my PC is off or after router reboot.

This beta has been amazing apart from it not saving ARP entries 15 mins after PC has been shut down. So it cannot be WOL from any WOL based apps if you have a static IP.
1. The only workaround is to set MAC address ARP via ssh and that is temporary solution as the router forgets as soon as it is rebooted.
2. Else. you have to resort to using Asus router app and use inbuilt WOL feature. But app fails to connect to the router so many times.

@RMerlin mentioned that ARP entries remain static since last 4-5 months as per the source code which had the fix. But for me they scramble after 15 mins my PC is off or after router reboot.
Strange situation. I use WOL for my NAS, and I wake it up without any problem not only from the Asus app, but also from another computer. The NAS has been turned off for the last 2 weeks and I just woke it up from my desktop computer using the WakmeOnLan application without any problem

Thx VANT I was ready to give up on this and wrote angry emails to ASUS support. I'll try it as my main router, can't be worse than my AXE11000.

Btw, this is my first stock ASUS firmware in years, any way to get rid of the ugly ROG skin?

testing this now...

Thx VANT I was ready to give up on this and wrote angry emails to ASUS support. I'll try it as my main router, can't be worse than my AXE11000.

Btw, this is my first stock ASUS firmware in years, any way to get rid of the ugly ROG skin?

testing this now...

My 2x GT-AX6000 have never exhibited any hardware issues. They have worked great with Merlin 388.

My 2x GT-AX6000 have never exhibited any hardware issues. They have worked great with Merlin 388.
I wasn't clear here. The AX6000 works fine, but I don't get the VLAN on RMerlin, which is what I bought it for. So I was almost giving up on "ASUS providing a functional update". I don't feel so comfortable running a 9 months old firmware as my main router.

After initial testing, UI is much snappier. Let's see how much uptime I'll get.

I did notice that the ax6000 signal on 5ghz goes further than th 5ghz on my axe11000, better antennas?

I remember someone saying QoS is useless if you're like on 1GBit. Anyone actually tried if the work-from-home prioritizes video calls correctly? Bufferbloat is the same with or without pretty much. On RMerlin I had the custom tweaked one.

Last edited:
Same here. Running great and stable. Great rx no disconnects no crashes.

I am wondering, is ASUS official support ever going to give something like this out? Or do you need connections? I tried to get access to a beta 3, 4 times. Support is completely clueless, they even recommended to me to flash the TUF image. Am I wasting my time and should just lurk here?

Same here. Running great and stable. Great rx no disconnects no crashes.

I am wondering, is ASUS official support ever going to give something like this out? Or do you need connections? I tried to get access to a beta 3, 4 times. Support is completely clueless, they even recommended to me to flash the TUF image. Am I wasting my time and should just lurk here?
Did you have real issue/bug with router? I assume if you report a real bug, it would be escalated to tech support and thus the beta firmware.

Did you have real issue/bug with router? I assume if you report a real bug, it would be escalated to tech support and thus the beta c
Vlan ui unfinished, no updates despite tons of CVEs, on a current model.

I never had that problem in the past because I was on merlin before. If they can't maintain it like rmerlin can, they should release it to rmerlin so he can include it in the build.

Do the "tons of CVEs" pertain to anything you use in the way mentioned in the CVEs, or are you ranting theoretically?

I installed beta version the day before, with roaming assistant disabled (this is the fix guest network issue).

This morning my work laptop cannot connect to any of the 2 guest network. So I flashed back to 21514.

BTW, I did not do full reset, just flashed it. So I will try it again over the weekend, with full reset.

I installed beta version the day before, with roaming assistant disabled (this is the fix guest network issue).

This morning my work laptop cannot connect to any of the 2 guest network. So I flashed back to 21514.

BTW, I did not do full reset, just flashed it. So I will try it again over the weekend, with full reset.
Try factory default, becouse i also have two guest networks (Guest and IoT) and no problem with connections to both (my IoT devices is connected all time.)

Did you have real issue/bug with router? I assume if you report a real bug, it would be escalated to tech support and thus the beta firmware.
fair point. but keeping update on CVEs is avoiding issues, not having them in the first place. i did notice a couple of openssl, dropbear etc in merlins note that might be relevant. did I read each and every update and know for a fact that I was impacted. no. Is it not reasonable for recent product to be updated and specifically be kept on security fixes? specifically when there's a virtually identical one (ax 88 pro) that has been updated? I'd think it's a reasonable expectation.

I'd think it's a reasonable expectation.
No.
This firmware is NOT affected by CVE 2023-50868 and CVE 2023-50387. This has already been explained in this thread.

Try factory default, becouse i also have two guest networks (Guest and IoT) and no problem with connections to both (my IoT devices is connected all time.)
@VANT @Roy2002 these VLAN separated networks are the main reason I got the AX6000. if you want the IoT, Guest and Kids networks everywhere, will you need all PRO devices and will you be able to set them up on each device even on AP or AIMesh node mode?
are they available in every mode and do the settings replicate? not a big deal if not, there's not much configuration anyways.

is there an easy way to attach 802.1p priority values to these networks, i'd like them all to be tagged low priority, my switches can untag the fraffic before the ONT/ISP
as I don't see any UI for this, probably have to set up some script?

my goal is port isolation and separate the high priority network from the peasant network ;-)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!