What's new

Beta Asus GT-AX6000 beta firmware version 9.0.0.6_102_33874 (2024/02/23)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No.
This firmware is NOT affected by CVE 2023-50868 and CVE 2023-50387. This has already been explained in this thread.
nothing in 9 months that affects it? that'd certainly be good news. sorry didn't read about that earlier.
i was assuming they're also closing other bugs / security issues where there are no CVEs... too high of an expectation?

i'm still on the fence of going back to merlin so can have skynet vs messing with the less mature wlan vlan multiple networks thing. instead of isolating less secure devices in vlans, maybe i'll just put the important network on a cable and tag that with high priority and isolate it from the rest.

any opinions of relevative security of skynet (or similar solution) applied to the whole network vs getting all that IoT stuff on their own network with vlans?

i was assuming they're also closing other bugs / security issues where there are no CVEs...
Real security bugs don't appear every day.

any opinions of relevative security of skynet
I don't know. I do not use. Does not need.

vs getting all that IoT stuff on their own network with vlans
Where I need a VLAN, I do not use Asus routers.

On Asus routers you can use WiFi Guest Network to isolate IoT devices.

On Asus routers you can use WiFi Guest Network to isolate IoT devices.
on Asus Pro routers VLAN work ok. I test this functionality with Zyxel managed switch.

on Asus Pro routers VLAN work ok

Are VLAN options available in AP Mode with this firmware?

This is something folks with OPNsense/pfSense appliances will be interested in.

Try factory default, becouse i also have two guest networks (Guest and IoT) and no problem with connections to both (my IoT devices is connected all time.)
Will definitely try Friday night. We both work from home and kids use internet constantly. Thank you.

Update: Flashed to beta, did full reset and then setup everything.

I did not disable Roaming assistant. I had to disable this with 21514 otherwise guest network won't work but I have it enabled as default. I will report back.

Last edited:
i have a few days of uptime now, pretty good. kitchen sink enabled: AI protection, QoS, WPA3. all great.

does anyone know if AiMesh has any additional protocol features to facilitate handover, other than Roaming Assistant and Smart Connect, which are also available in standard AP mode I believe.

does it use 802 k/v/r? anything i can't get in AP mode?
a while back the rule was AIMesh isn't required if you know how to setup AP mode, not sure if this has changed.

i'll probably just get another ax 6000, so far very happy with this.

Last edited:
If you don't have need for either (easily) propagated guest network, or centralized control, then the currently-better option for performance is most definitely as router / AP.

Yes, in the latest beta
Wasn't in the official firmware

My recollection is that the current official 3.0.0.6 also supports VLAN in AP mode. But its a bit buggy in the regard that it had to be configured with stock settings in order to work. I would hope that in this beta, VLAN works properly.

I didn't find it when I was on official 3.0.0.6
even sent a feedback to Asus requesting this feature.
What do you mean "had to be configured with stock setting"?
I only tried to configure it after setting all other configuration.

I didn't find it when I was on official 3.0.0.6
even sent a feedback to Asus requesting this feature.
What do you mean "had to be configured with stock setting"?
I only tried to configure it after setting all other configuration.

3.0.0.6 is next generation firmware that is being discussed in this thread. I was talking about the current official which is 3.0.0.6.102_21514. I ran that for a few months on my GT-AX6000 main/AP combo for a few months before reverting to Merlin 388.

I know what 3.0.0.6 is...
I was using 3.0.0.6.102_21514 since 6/2023 until the beta was posted
I'm using AP mode, and didn't have VLAN in AP mode in 3.0.0.6.102_21514.
Current beta does support VLAN in AP mode
1710610534947.png

ok, I see what you mean. I didn't not use explicit VLAN in the official. I used the guest network option which utilizes VLAN.

Last edited:
After 3 days, AX6000 is still running fine which is great. But I found that the client list has the devices that no at home. My daughter and wife went out but router still shows their iphones in the list. Do you have this issue? It is not bothering me though.

My daughter and wife went out but router still shows their iphones in the list. Do you have this issue? It is not bothering me though.
Similar situation on current gen 88U-PRO FW. The client list does update but seems to take a while (minutes to hours).

Could be a browser cache issue. Or, could be a router batch process that runs occasionally. Just never spent the time to diagnose.

Similar situation on current gen 88U-PRO FW

Test with reducing the Lease Time in DHCP server settings to 30-60min for example and see if Client List starts working more adequate. Short lease time won't affect your network performance much and you may start seeing your clients coming and going in the WebUI.

Uptime: 5 days 1 hour(s) 51 minute(s) 45 seconds - had i not rebooted, would be nearing 10d - no disconnects, no reboots, no errors in log

Active: WPA2/WPA3, protected frames, QoS Adaptiver/WfH, AI Protection, Roaming Assistant
Inactive: custom VLAN, UPNP, SmartConnect

Last edited:
1710869042376.png

Reboted only if i made some changes in configuration. AIMesh enabled, AIProtection enabled, vlan enabled, Guest network enabled, Iot enabled. No issue.

Great fw.

Last edited:
Similar situation on current gen 88U-PRO FW. The client list does update but seems to take a while (minutes to hours).

Could be a browser cache issue. Or, could be a router batch process that runs occasionally. Just never spent the time to diagnose.
Tried a different browser on a different computer, still same.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!