What's new

Release ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_21514

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

my internet doesnt work after rebooting the router. I'm setting up wireguard client on my router as a separate WIFI network.

it'll lost all connections after reboot until i manually go to the admin page, disable and enable it again only for it to work.
i has been reporting this issue and they seems ignoring it.

i had tried to factory reset, and re-configure everything from scratch, it is still the same.
this is quite annoying as i need to constantly go disable and enable the wireguard if the router rebooted.

does anyone facing this issue? did Asus ever reply on bug report?

How are you setting up wireguard as a separate WiFi network?

What other features and options do you have enabled?

Is there any new version coming up for 3006? This one is 6month old now.

Yes.

I'm ok they get it right and put some solid testing into it. It would be frustrating to get more frequent updates with bad bugs. If I wanted no updates in 2+ years I can go back to Linksys.

Does ASUS ever make available public betas of their firmware?

Sometimes.

Not sure if this is firmware related, but I think it might be, or maybe just my understanding, so I figured I'd start here.

Under Guest Network Pro, I enabled Guest Network. Under its settings, I decided to enable bandwidth limit and set it to 400Gbps down and 10Mbps up so that guests couldn't monopolize my overall internet speed (1.2Gbps/40Mbps comcast).

It turns out this also enables QOS & Bandwidth limiting under Game Acceleration -> QOS tab. and limits ALL network connections to 400Mbps down, including non-guest wifi and wired!! Oddly it did NOT impact Upload speed on non-guest and wired connections.

I had to disable Bandwidth limit on the Guest Network, and disable QOS under the Game Acceleration menu of the Router in order to get my Non-Guest Wifi and Wired clients back to full speed.

Is this a case of my not understanding how this feature (of Guest network) is supposed to work? or is this an issue of a bug in the firmware?

Not sure if this is firmware related, but I think it might be, or maybe just my understanding, so I figured I'd start here.

Under Guest Network Pro, I enabled Guest Network. Under its settings, I decided to enable bandwidth limit and set it to 400Gbps down and 10Mbps up so that guests couldn't monopolize my overall internet speed (1.2Gbps/40Mbps comcast).

It turns out this also enables QOS & Bandwidth limiting under Game Acceleration -> QOS tab. and limits ALL network connections to 400Mbps down, including non-guest wifi and wired!! Oddly it did NOT impact Upload speed on non-guest and wired connections.

I had to disable Bandwidth limit on the Guest Network, and disable QOS under the Game Acceleration menu of the Router in order to get my Non-Guest Wifi and Wired clients back to full speed.

Is this a case of my not understanding how this feature (of Guest network) is supposed to work? or is this an issue of a bug in the firmware?
Sounds like a use case/combination of settings the designers didn't think of..

Have you tried to up the limits (or remove them) in the Game Acceleration -> QOS tab, and if so, do your lower limits remain in the Guest Network Pro page, or do they track along? In other words, are the limits settable in the two locations independent? I'm thinking that when you enabled limitation for the guest network it merely enabled system-wide limitation using those values because it knew no others. I'd hope the global values could be higher (to the point of effectual non-existence) while the guest portion is more-limiting.

Have you tried to up the limits (or remove them) in the Game Acceleration -> QOS tab, and if so, do your lower limits remain in the Guest Network Pro page, or do they track along? In other words, are the limits settable in the two locations independent? I'm thinking that when you enabled limitation for the guest network it merely enabled system-wide limitation using those values because it knew no others. I'd hope the global values could be higher (to the point of effectual non-existence) while the guest portion is more-limiting.
I didn't see limits on the Game Acceleration -> QOS tab. Just that QOS was toggled on. The table was empty. It was only under the Guest Network Pro page where I saw any limits entered.

I got guest network issue, Tx/Rx = "1" means no connection at all. I also cannot connect new devices to guest network as well.

1710136851911.png

I have to switch back to 23285.

Had the same issue on my setup (a single AX6000) with the IoT network.
Disabling the Roaming Assistant in WiFi setting solved the issue.
Thank you! I also have a single AX6000. I just flashed with 21514 and disabled Roaming Assistant. Will report back.

I can tell it works fine for a week. I am on beta now. Why Asus does not like this router and no update for 9 months?

Last edited:
How are you setting up wireguard as a separate WiFi network?

What other features and options do you have enabled?

I use these features: DDNS, port forwarding, VPN server (OpenVPN), VPN Fusion (WireGuard), Guest Wifi, DNS-over-TLS.

the firmware quite stable except VPN Fusion (WireGuard). it keep reboot the router after power went off.
The temporary solution is manually disable VPN Fusion (WireGuard) and enable again for it to work until next power went off (I know it is rare but quite annoying if it happen).

You can setup WireGuard as separate WIFI network via: "Guest Network Pro" --> "VPN Network". Remember to configure your VPN Fusion first before setting up VPN network.

Any devices connect via the "VPN Network" WIFI will automatically route to WireGuard VPN and have different subnet.
I have my own custom VPN server and i don't want to install VPN client to every device.

I'm now turning off the VPN Fusion as it is buggy. last i tested was 1 week ago by factory reset all setting and redo from scratch.

Update:
seems like there is no firmware update since last june. is it normal?

Update:
seems like there is no firmware update since last june. is it normal?
Seems like this router is EOL

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!