What's new

Release ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_21514

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No. It just hasn't received a new 3.0.0.6.xxx level firmware yet. RMerlin is much more current.

I used 2 weeks of beta, and guest AP gave me trouble. Had to switch back to this version, with "wifi Roaming Assistant" disabled, it has been working fine for more than 2 weeks.

10 months since last June and no firmware update. Asus abandoned this router.

Is it better to migrate to Merlin firmware if we consider official update is 10 months old?
I think it would come down to your specific needs and use-case. While stock AsusWRT has stagnated in terms of updates, it has support for VLAN's and Guest Network Pro, and you are able to get support from ASUS if something goes awry. However, we do not have a crystal ball that can tell us when ASUS will update their firmware. It might happen, it might not. If it does happen, it could happen tomorrow, or another year from now. Its hard to tell because the next generation of stock AsusWRT updates seem to be stuck in perpetual beta for some models.

With AsusWRT-Merlin, you will be running a firmware on an older code base (that lacks the pro features found in 3.0.0.6), but some of the modules may be more up-to-date, and it has more customization options. Some people, myself included, will argue that Merlin is more stable than the current stock "pro" AsusWRT. However, there are many things that are closed-source and will be the same across Merlin and stock AsusWRT. It is also unknown if Merlin will be moving to the 3.0.0.6 codebase. Also, if you need support, you won't be able to get it from ASUS.

The decision is ultimately yours if it would be better for you or not to be running Merlin. See https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/features.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!