What's new

Asus ISP Profile Settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ralms

Occasional Visitor
Greetings friends,

At Portugal, Asus is proving ISP Profiles in their routers that allow you to basically to replace the ISP router with a couple clicks witch is working great.

Since I'm using a PfSense box in my network I wanted to have it directly to connected to the ONT I was wondering what settings Asus is using since having a hard time with the PFSense box.

My question is: Is there a way to export the ISP profile settings from the Asus Router? In this case from a RT-AC66U

Thanks in advance,
Ralms.

It's all a matter of using the right VLAN tagging, depending on your ISP.

Vodafone? MEO? NOS? Which one?

Use VLAN12 to Internet, VLAN 10 to VOIP + IPTV it's all you need.

Yes, sorry I have inverted the VLANs.

It's VLAN12 to Internet.

1: vlan1: 1 2 3 8t
2: vlan2: 0 8u
12: vlan12: 0t 4t 8t

Use LAN4 to VOIP + IPTV.

It's VLAN12 to Internet.

Use LAN4 to VOIP + IPTV.

That looks weird, it was Vlan10 for web before, but I will give it a try.

VLAN10 to PPPoE not IPoA/E.

It's VLAN12 to Internet.

Use LAN4 to VOIP + IPTV.

Be careful with VLAN ID's below 10 - just saying to the audience - Asus reserves a few for internal, and so the the upstream folks...

VLAN10 to PPPoE not IPoA/E.
OMG it worked!

You have no idea for how long Ive been trying this bashing my head against the wall thinking it was Vlan10 for web. Thank you so much.

So technically Vlan 10 is IPTV and Phone right?

You are welcome, no problem. :)

Yes VLAN 10 to IPTV / VOIP.

MEO is migrating from old PPPoE to IPoA/IPoE, which will force users to use VLANs, with PPPoE you could avoid it, probably your case.

Thomson Gateway TG784vX/TG799 using < 10.x FW versions (usualy 8.x) use PPPoE, >= 10.x FW versions use IPoA/IPoE.

Last edited:
You are welcome, no problem. :)

Yes VLAN 10 to IPTV / VOIP.

MEO is migrating from old PPPoE to IPoA/IPoE, which will force users to use VLANs, with PPPoE you could avoid it, probably your case.

Thompson TG784vX/TG799 using < 10.x FW versions (usualy 8.x) use PPPoE, >= 10.x FW versions use IPoA/IPoE.

How do you know this? Are you from here? :D

But MEO was more hardcore before, I had it working for while until they changed and I was left figuring it for months since their support is useless, they had the same Vlans but with PPPoE on top of it. I welcome the change.

Last edited:
Yes I'm an insider. :)

If you noticed on your ISP Gateway you don't have the option to Connect/Disconnect anymore, it's now using DHCP protocol instead PPPoE.

Yes I'm an insider. :)

If you noticed on your ISP Gateway you don't have the option to Connect/Disconnect anymore, it's now using DHCP protocol instead PPPoE.

Nice :D

What Ive noticed was the PPPoE autentication vanishing when I needed it lol. I guess I wont need it anymore, I had such a safe password on it heheheh :D

----------------------------------
#!/bin/sh

# example script for (rt-ac68u) MEO - firewall-start file (portability new router rt-ax ** u)

# lan ports 1,2,3 assigned to vlan 1
robocfg vlan 1 ports "1 2 3 5t"

# untag WAN Port 0
robocfg vlan 2 ports "0 5u"

# WAN Bridge Port 4
robocfg vlan 12 ports "0t 4t 5t"
----------------------------------

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!