What's new

ASUS Nodes How to update Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ROO2020

Regular Contributor
I have a GT-AX-11000 as my main router, and a RT-AC5300 as my Node that is hardwired to the 11000. They are at completely opposite ends of the house. How do you update the firmware for the Node? I have tried to update the 5300 but the 11000 keeps trying to use the 5300 update so I have to stop it. Do I need to disconnect the 11000 run the 5300 directly off modem to update, then set back up with 11000 being the main router? ASUS sends me a link and I already know how to update the 11000 without a Node. Some reason they do not understand I using a AiMesh, with the 110000 as the base, 5300 as the node. It has to be a easier way to update the firmware each time on the 5300. Thanks.

I have a GT-AX-11000 as my main router, and a RT-AC5300 as my Node that is hardwired to the 11000. They are at completely opposite ends of the house. How do you update the firmware for the Node? I have tried to update the 5300 but the 11000 keeps trying to use the 5300 update so I have to stop it. Do I need to disconnect the 11000 run the 5300 directly off modem to update, then set back up with 11000 being the main router? ASUS sends me a link and I already know how to update the 11000 without a Node. Some reason they do not understand I using a AiMesh, with the 110000 as the base, 5300 as the node. It has to be a easier way to update the firmware each time on the 5300. Thanks.

Given AiMesh with nodes, can you go to the router/AX11000 webUI Firmware Upgrade tab and use the Manual firmware update Upload link next to the target remote node/AC5300?

OE

Yes, but how to you upload to the mesh? I have tried wireless, that pulls up the 11000, I tried hardwire to the 5300 that will not work as again 11000 wants to intercept. I guess the only way is to turnoff 11000, connect 5300 to modem and upload. Thank you

Yes, but how to you upload to the mesh? I have tried wireless, that pulls up the 11000, I tried hardwire to the 5300 that will not work as again 11000 wants to intercept. I guess the only way is to turnoff 11000, connect 5300 to modem and upload. Thank you

You do not administrate remote nodes directly. You admin all nodes from the AiMesh router/root node. Login to the AX11000 and do as I noted earlier to Upload firmware to the AC5300.

OE

You are right, I could not upgrade directly. Since I am not an expert, to be sure, I go to the AiMesh Node and click on upload and it will directly load to my 5300 from the Firmware Upgrade tab? Thank you for your help.

You are right, I could not upgrade directly. Since I am not an expert, to be sure, I go to the AiMesh Node and click on upload and it will directly load to my 5300 from the Firmware Upgrade tab? Thank you for your help.

Yes, from the main router login.

The first thing it will do is ask you to login to the remote node (from the main router webUI). Supply the same login credentials you use to login to the main router. Then select the firmware file that you downloaded to your PC. You are performing a manual upgrade of the remote node.

OE

OzarkEdge, thank you for your help. All updated now. That was easier than I realized.

Tip: If you now remove the node from the AiMesh, it will automatically reset to factory defaults which are of the firmware you just loaded. Then you can immediately re-add the node to the AiMesh. This will be a clean upgrade vs. a dirty upgrade. May or may not make a difference depending on the firmware, but worth knowing about in case weird things happen.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!