What's new

Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Issue - HP LaserJet Printer [SOLVED]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

guys, it does not work again ....
i had the same issue (brother wireless printer can not be seen by my computer, always offline, even the printer has connected to the 2.4G SSID as same as the computer does, same network mask 192.168.1.xx) half year ago after router AX11000 firmware updated, then I found this thread, disabled "Protected Management Frames", boom, it worked.
however now it does not work again, same issue, i found AX11000 just had firmware updated on 5/29/2021 (3.0.0.4.386_41700), now same issue, i tried all options for "Protected Management Frames" for 2.4G/5G, no good, I need help ....
AX11000 is really a nightmare for wireless printer.
Latest firmware for the GT-AX11000 is v3.0.0.4.386_43129. Disabling "Protected Management Frames" is still working without issue for me with two HP printers. They're connected to the network just fine, and I can see/utilize both printers from various PCs, mobile phones, and tablets. Printers are connect to the 2.4GHz band, and every device which accesses them are on 5GHz.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the printer software, namely the network driver? Could the computer's firewall be the culprit? Maybe port forwarding is causing a communication issue?

Firewall ports needed to allow network communication with the Brother machine

If a firewall is active on your computer, it may reject the necessary network connection needed for the network communication with the Brother machine. In order to resolve this issue, it may be necessary to open communication ports on your firewall and allow exceptions. The following UDP Port information may be necessary to allow communication.

For assistance with configuring your firewall software, please refer to your software documentation or the software manufacturer.

Note: Not all network features listed are applicable to every model. For more information about which network features your machine supports, please visit: www.brother-usa.com

• Network Scanning: Internal/External UDP 54925
  • Network PC-Fax Receiving: Internal/External UDP 54926
  • Network Printing and Remote Setup: Internal/External UDP 137 and UDP 161

I have a HP laserjet 178nw. This is how I got it working.

Connect it to a PC on the network. Install the HP smart software and set up wireless access.

Then log into the webadmin for the printer and disable the HP direct wifi network.

I beleive the problem was HP WiFi direct.

The printer now sits on our network and everybody on WiFi can print to it.

ok i will everything again now, you are correct, router fw is not the latest, i am updating it now.
one more question, before i try everything, can i use router smart mode (no separate 2.4/5G SSID) if the printer can only connect thru 2.4 but at the same time the computer could connect to 2.4 or 5G randomly (my office is a bit far away from the router, so the computer wifi connection sometimes switch between 2.4 and 5G randomly).

update: after i updated fw to 3.0.0.4.386_43129 (with PMF disabled), the brother 2395DW is online again ... (i did not do anything else).
but it is still strange, the router was showing fw automictically updated on 5/29/2021, PMF same disabled, but the printer went offline ...

update after update: it seems the brother connection to the computer is not stable, it goes on and off -line time by time, is that because i used router smart mode? before the issue, i was using manual mode, the printer connection is somehow stable in most of time.

Last edited:
ok i will everything again now, you are correct, router fw is not the latest, i am updating it now.
one more question, before i try everything, can i use router smart mode (no separate 2.4/5G SSID) if the printer can only connect thru 2.4 but at the same time the computer could connect to 2.4 or 5G randomly (my office is a bit far away from the router, so the computer wifi connection sometimes switch between 2.4 and 5G randomly).

update: after i updated fw to 3.0.0.4.386_43129 (with PMF disabled), the brother 2395DW is online again ... (i did not do anything else).
but it is still strange, the router was showing fw automictically updated on 5/29/2021, PMF same disabled, but the printer went offline ...

update after update: it seems the brother connection to the computer is not stable, it goes on and off -line time by time, is that because i used router smart mode? before the issue, i was using manual mode, the printer connection is somehow stable in most of time.
I've been using Smart Connect since the beginning. However, before installing ethernet cable, Smart Connect was only dual band due to 5 GHz-2 being allocated to wireless backhaul. Nevertheless, both printers connected to the 2.4 GHz band as expected.

Once I ran ethernet cable to my second router and enabled Ethernet Backhaul, the 5 GHz-2 band was released. This, in turn, allowed Tri-Band Smart Connect to become an option. The connection status of each printer was unchanged, and remained solid.

Smart Connect works really well for my situation. It doesn't have any adverse effects on my wireless signal, and plays great with my printers, as well as the rest of my equipment. I believe it's possible for you to achieve equal success.

In regards to your printer's connection issues:

• How far away from the router is it located?
  • Any major obstructions (concrete, metal, etc)?
  • What is the printer's connection quality (dBm) right before it drops?
  • Under "Wireless" (2.4 GHz section), what setting do you have for Channel bandwidth? Mine is 20/40 MHz.
  • Under "Wireless" (2.4 GHz section), ensure to manually set the Control Channel to one which suits your needs, preferably one that is less populated. (Do this for each 5 GHz band as well where applicable)
  • Under "Wireless > Professional (tab)" what is your setting for Tx power adjustment? I go with Performance.

I've been using Smart Connect since the beginning. However, before installing ethernet cable, Smart Connect was only
I attach my setting screenshot.
1) yes it is 20/40 by default, i did not change much settings.
2) did not try manual Control Channel yet
3) Tx power adjustment by default it is Performance
4) printer connection with router seems solid, the wifi indicator on the printer is all time on and signal symbol is like one bar less to the strongest (Link Status from printer: Link OK, 11g 24Mbps, Receiving Signal=3, Operating Ch=4), TX power code Full, 227, 0, 0

What option should I set for IPv6 on the router?
Thanks.

Also I have another unrelated to this thread issue.
I have Ring devices in my house, there is a front door floodlight with wireless camera connected with router at 5G. However each time the camera detects motion and sends notification to the center station, which causes a short time internet interrupt (the router still connoted to internet, but other devices like laptop will be off from wifi for short time, I read some similar case online, but not really find a solution yet, it looks like when Ring camera detects motion, it occupies all bandwidth/resource of the router, so other devices are disconnected).

Attachments

• ax11000setting.jpg
    ax11000setting.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 127
Last edited: