What's new

ASUS router with PPPoE

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HMRK

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,

Is anyone aware of any router that had PPPoE lan ports built in at all ideally a ASUS but would consider another brand.

many thanks in advance

H

There's no such thing as "PPPoE LAN ports". Do you mean PoE (Power over Ethernet)?

just use injectors with the router of your choice. Or get a L2+ switch with a few PoE ports. For either make sure you get the right PoE specs to match your client devices.

sorry Colin correct I mean PoE (power over Ethernet)

There are no Asus routers with this. You need to plug an external POE switch into it, or if you don't have that many devices, use injectors inline with the Asus.

Just don't forget there is POE, POE+, POE++ Type 3, and POE++ Type 4. Make sure you get a switch or injectors that can handle the type of POE and the total wattage you need.

There are no Asus routers with this. You need to plug an external POE switch into it, or if you don't have that many devices, use injectors inline with the Asus.

Just don't forget there is POE, POE+, POE++ Type 3, and POE++ Type 4. Make sure you get a switch or injectors that can handle the type of POE and the total wattage you need.

thanks Colin it’s a shame would nice of even just 4 ports were PoE oh well a switch it is.

Hi All,

a friend kindly donated me a Netgear GS108PP 8-port PoE/PoE+ Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch is it possible to power the my asus aimesh node via POE at all?

No. They don't have that capability.

Hi All,

a friend kindly donated me a Netgear GS108PP 8-port PoE/PoE+ Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch is it possible to power the my asus aimesh node via POE at all?
Theoretically it might be possible. But it would be very dependent on the power requirements of the AiMesh node. You would need to use a PoE Splitter which had a compatible power connector for the node (unlikely) and could also supply the correct voltage and current. This is assuming that your ethernet cabling can handle the power requirement. That last thing you want is cable fire inside your wall space.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!