What's new

Asus RP-AC68U with RT-AC5300?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cosrocket

Regular Contributor
I saw that Asus has come out with a new AC1900 wireless repeater, the RP-AC68U. What really interests me is that with certain Asus routers (including the RT-AC5300), you do not have to switch between SSID's, in effect it converts to a mesh network and automatically and seamlessly switches between networks. In addition it has other pluses like 5 Ethernet ports and a USB 3.0 port.

My issue is that I don't get a great signal in my yard and I would really like to get an improvement out there on the 5GHz band.

Will there be a review of this item coming up and is anyone using it yet?

I saw that Asus has come out with a new AC1900 wireless repeater, the RP-AC68U. What really interests me is that with certain Asus routers (including the RT-AC5300), you do not have to switch between SSID's, in effect it converts to a mesh network and automatically and seamlessly switches between networks. In addition it has other pluses like 5 Ethernet ports and a USB 3.0 port.

My issue is that I don't get a great signal in my yard and I would really like to get an improvement out there on the 5GHz band.

Will there be a review of this item coming up and is anyone using it yet?
See:

Bought an ASUS RT-AC5300 Router

The RP-AC68U is very interesting, although it has not been around for more than a short while. I doubt you'll have many comments on it's performance and presumably even less in combination with the RT-AC5300 router.

The RP-AC68U is very interesting, although it has not been around for more than a short while. I doubt you'll have many comments on it's performance and presumably even less in combination with the RT-AC5300 router.
Is it a router or an extender? I'm confused

The AC5300 is the best router now right?

Asus says with a compatible Asus router you do not use separate SSID's, so does that mean you have to have Smart Connect enabled on the router? I disabled Smart Connect because I had a problem connecting my Roku when Smart Connect was enabled.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!