What's new

ASUS RT-AC3200 Firmware - Official Releases

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Most of the wifi stability issues were solved by setting security to WPA, and NOT WPA2
( my key rotation is on default )
try that see if it works for u as well

ASUS RT-AC3200 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.6091 is out...
let's hope something really changed in "Adjusted smart connect algorithm for better performance"

ASUS RT-AC3200 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.6091 is out...
let's hope something really changed in "Adjusted smart connect algorithm for better performance"

I know the default rules did change quite a few times since 4980. I recommend you reset your Smart Connect rules after upgrading (there's a button for that at the bottom of the Smart Connect page).

I know the default rules did change quite a few times since 4980. I recommend you reset your Smart Connect rules after upgrading (there's a button for that at the bottom of the Smart Connect page).

yeah.. i did that. and it seems real better actually

That was a bloody disaster.

For me, with 6091 the router behaves like AP isolation is set.
I had to revert back to 4980.

Also, my UA55H8000 TV couldn't connect at all.

Wow..now I am afraid to update! Any one else have good or bad to say about this firmware?

Wow..now I am afraid to update! Any one else have good or bad to say about this firmware?

Yeah, it's a bit of a pain and a little time consuming.

Save your settings and if you have a problem restore the old firmware, press the reset button for more than 5 seconds (as you should have done on firmware update), and when it comes back skip the setup and put in what you have to to get to the Administration page and restore the saved settings.

If you don't have any media bridges (or possibly also repeaters) you might not see this problem.
I suspect things connected directly to the router, like a NAS, will work OK.
My problem appears to be access to devices present behind media bridges being blocked some how.
Internet access appears to work fine.

Ian

Some more investigation shows that it's the Smart Connect VHT AC-Only setting of the 5GHz-2 interface that causes my problem.

I can't seem to find any combination of this setting where a wireless N client on the 5GHz-1 interface can access a wireless AC client on the 5GHz-2 interface (given that the new default settings seem to divide the clients fairly well, and mostly put AC devices on 5GHz-2). It appeared that a wireless N client on the 2.4 GHz interface could access AC devices on 5GHz-2 but I can't be sure since things tend to change whereby access is possible for a short period of time and then stops.

Also without this AC-Only setting my TV connects OK too.
Oddly, with the AC-Only setting the TV sees two instances of the SSID whereas without it it sees only one, as was the case in the past.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-07 at 12.09.05 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-06-07 at 12.09.05 PM.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 683
The following is in the release notes: "Please unplug the hard drive before updating firmware." What does this refer to? What hard drive are they referring to?

The following is in the release notes: "Please unplug the hard drive before updating firmware." What does this refer to? What hard drive are they referring to?

Any hard drive you might have plugged to the router's USB ports.

I must say it's an odd request, as I can't see any reason for it.

Version 3.0.0.4.378.7177 just released

But Japan only? Really?

Should everyone update?

Asus has done that on a couple of occasions recently. My theory is that it's only because international releases require some specific validations before they can be released on those countries.

So it's most likely fine if anyone outside of Japan wants to flash it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!