What's new

ASUS RT-AC3200 Firmware - Official Releases

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That's your answer? Online? Not really helping anyone to help you.

Update: I also had a complete drop of the internet connection last night. I had to reset the WAN DNS servers to get it back up. Not sure if that is related to SmartConnect at all or not.
I've also noticed that no devices were being placed on the 5G-2 band. I've turned off the SmartConnect and all bands are being utilized now. So I am going to leave it off for now. As an aside a lot of the routers settings have to be re-done when you turn off SmartConnect.

Update: I also had a complete drop of the internet connection last night. I had to reset the WAN DNS servers to get it back up. Not sure if that is related to SmartConnect at all or not.
I've also noticed that no devices were being placed on the 5G-2 band. I've turned off the SmartConnect and all bands are being utilized now. So I am going to leave it off for now. As an aside a lot of the routers settings have to be re-done when you turn off SmartConnect.
Ur country support low 5ghz band? Well mine not

Well. Maybe im gonna disable smart connect. And for family that use youtube and just dl playstore apps for normal use. Gonna use single SSID that is the same for 2.4ghz and 5ghz-2 . cuz all of my fam phones . cant detect low 5ghz. Only my macbook and android can. So as i like to torrent and youtube and gaming hardly. I will maybe use the 5ghz-1 with different ssid. Cuz its waste not to use the 5ghz-1

Bump to the bump...Is there an update?

Hi, this afternoon it just appeared in ASUS sites the new firmware 4378-9529.

Changelog :

ASUS RT-AC3200 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9529
Bug fixes
- Fixed Multicast issue when WAN is PPPoE/ PPTP/ L2TP
- Fixed IPTV GUI issue
- Fixed two guest networks had same mac address problem.
- Fixed view list in network map cannot be closed.
- Fixed network map device icon issue
- Fixed client cannot get new IP when changed router IP and subnet mask.
- Fixed wrong notification when using quick internet setup wizard in static IP environment.
- Fixed wrong notification when client was blocked by Time scheduling.
- Fixed ASUS Router App related issues.
- Fixed DNS response error issue

I have updated my router and so far so good...

Try selecting a different operating system, it was shown for me under Windows 10 64bit. I installed it about an hour ago.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just updated, looks like it's under all areas now. I was waiting for it under android for my Pixel. Good to go.

9529 working great so far

Hi, just got me the RT-AC3200 after a lot of frustration with a RT-AC87. I got it even cheaper than the RT-AC87 at 175 Euros from Amazon warehousedeals. On startup it immediately wants to update to the 9529 firmware. Is this save and is the router stable now or are there still many disconnects and is it still necessary to set the rotation key to 0?

dikkiedirk, see two posts above yours.

It is only 'safe' (not save) if it works for you. And only you can test that. ;)

Go ahead, give it a try and you can tell us your experience.

dikkiedirk, see two posts above yours.

It is only 'safe' (not save) if it works for you. And only you can test that. ;)

Go ahead, give it a try and you can tell us your experience.

Thanks. I've been reading too much the last couple of days. And been trying way too many firmwares and resetting to factory defaults and clearing nvram on my old RT-AC87 that I grew a little afraid to try any firmware on the new RT-AC3200.

I followed your advice, didn't do any special tricks though, and upgraded to 9529 through the GUI.

So far it looks good, better than the RT-AC87. But it is too early to tell how it will hold.

Thanks. I've been reading too much the last couple of days. And been trying way too many firmwares and resetting to factory defaults and clearing nvram on my old RT-AC87 that I grew a little afraid to try any firmware on the new RT-AC3200.

I followed your advice, didn't do any special tricks though, and upgraded to 9529 through the GUI.

So far it looks good, better than the RT-AC87. But it is too early to tell how it will hold.

If you do find any issues;

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

Great to see it is working better (for now). :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!