What's new

ASUS RT-AC5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Look at this. Some seller is selling the AC5300 for $10,000. Talk about price gouging. How can Amazon allow this?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0167HG1V6/?tag=snbforums-20

Probably just a placeholder value, as they didn't know the actual price at the time they added the listing. It's like how one of our suppliers kept entering 11/11/2011 as the ETA for products for which they had no idea about their actual ETA, and there was no way of entering "unknown" on their interface.

I think the price will drop and it's not a waste , I bought the 3200 and think i's a very good router , no problems for over 8 months . Never drops a connection , does not need rebooting and reaches every area in the house with a decent signal . So far it has a beter signal , faster transfer rates than any router I've used , i'm sure the 5300 is even better . If I needed a new router I would buy one once the price drops below 300.00

except the extra 5G channel, is there other difference between RT88U and 5300? because the $100 difference is huge.

except the extra 5G channel, is there other difference between RT88U and 5300? because the $100 difference is huge.

The difference may be great, but it is still much less than another router if that 3rd band is actually needed.

Asus published the GPL code for the RT-AC5300 on Monday, so I was able to merge it in, and evaluate the amount of effort involved in supporting that model (very little). I sent a test build to someone who owns an RT-AC5300, and was able to sort out the only issues we could find so far (Stealth Mode support).

So I can finally announce that I will be able to support the RT-AC5300 in the next Asuswrt-Merlin release. Expect an alpha build to be uploaded to Mediafire in the coming days, next time I refresh them.

My 5300 has been in service for a couple of days now using stock 753 firmware (same one @RMerlin posted on his MediaFire site). This router is the best experience I've had yet with a home router. I was able to shut down my extra AP that was necessary for my RT-AC3200 to reach all corners of my house--this thing seems to do exactly what they claim as far as extra coverage. No problems from neighbor's Wifi interference, either, so far. Connects well with RT-AC68U (.1031) in Bridge mode. Was not, however, able to achieve full download bandwidth with IPv4 firewall turned on (costs about 10% in throughput). Leaving IPv6 firewall on, however, as there's no NAT on that side.

So far, not a lick of trouble, save for a couple of cosmetic glitches in the Web UI that don't affect functionality.

My 5300 has been in service for a couple of days now using stock 753 firmware (same one @RMerlin posted on his MediaFire site). This router is the best experience I've had yet with a home router. I was able to shut down my extra AP that was necessary for my RT-AC3200 to reach all corners of my house--this thing seems to do exactly what they claim as far as extra coverage. No problems from neighbor's Wifi interference, either, so far. Connects well with RT-AC68U (.1031) in Bridge mode. Was not, however, able to achieve full download bandwidth with IPv4 firewall turned on (costs about 10% in throughput). Leaving IPv6 firewall on, however, as there's no NAT on that side.

So far, not a lick of trouble, save for a couple of cosmetic glitches in the Web UI that don't affect functionality.

Thanks for the review

I have the RT-AC3200 one and I'll receive the 5300 one this week, hope that worth the change, I have some issues with the 3200 one, will sell it here in Brazil so I can pay a good amount that the 5300 cost to me

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Can someone share a photo with something to scale so they can get a better visual of what the physical size this thing it?

(like a CD case or a mobile phone...)

Guys

My RT-AC5300 will be delivered tomorrow, with shipping, taxes and everything else it costed to me 550$ shipping from USA to Brazil, really hope that it worth the money

Can someone share a photo with something to scale so they can get a better visual of what the physical size this thing it?

(like a CD case or a mobile phone...)

223510cfigufenzufibiui.jpg

More pics here (in Simplified Chinese) ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys

My RT-AC5300 will be delivered tomorrow, with shipping, taxes and everything else it costed to me 550$ shipping from USA to Brazil, really hope that it worth the money

OUCH! For that price it better wash the dishes, do your laundry and wash your car. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OUCH! For that price it better wash the dishes, do your laundry and wash your car. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brazil here, this was the best price I got, importing from USA, if I buy here at some electronic store it will cost 850$ yes you read right

The formula is simple here at my country to know the final price, take the USA price and make it X2 or 2,5 you will get the total price here :(

That's why that I think I made a good deal, yes, it's hard to love hardware and electronic stuffs living in Brazil

Brazil here, this was the best price I got, importing from USA, if I buy here at some electronic store it will cost 850$ yes you read right

The formula is simple here at my country to know the final price, take the USA price and make it X2 or 2,5 you will get the total price here :(

That's why that I think I made a good deal, yes, it's hard to love hardware and electronic stuffs living in Brazil
Guess you love ASUS. Spending that much for a router with no reviews out. Hope it works out for you.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Guess you love ASUS. Spending that much for a router with no reviews out. Hope it works out for you.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

The problem is that everything here we have to pay this high price, I have 2 GTX 980TI also in SLI in my computer..... I'm a enthusiast but my wallet is not so enthusiast :)

That's why we need to import or split payments here if we wanna have the best hardwares, I just bought this one because my actual 3200 one is not good at all and I'm sure that I can sell it for a good price here and pay almost the full amount I spent with the 5300

From Will A New AC Router Bring You WiFi Joy. R7000 is in the middle

Helps if one has an R7000 ;)

I was thinking more common item, like a popular smartphone...

It's like the WRT thingy, hard to get a feel for how big it is in most pictures. When it's unboxed, it's the size of a small laptop..

I just bought this one because my actual 3200 one is not good at all and I'm sure that I can sell it for a good price here and pay almost the full amount I spent with the 5300

I suppose that is an upside, is that the resale market in Brazil is fairly strong...