What's new

ASUS RT-AC5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So that's the reason for that?
That is some silly regulation, why doesen't asus just put channel control on smart connect, because it autoselects at least a channel blacklist or whitelist would be great.
Im from europe romania and yap i have 10 mins and 20-30 seconds always on every firmware except the first one it came with, one older than what can be downloaded.

sounds like they didn't comply to the rules in the 1st firmware we both got and had to enforce it in later firmwares - sux
but what do I know I'm an old twitfaced Loonie :¬)

do you remember the firmware version that worked ?
maybe some kind person might have it so we can reload and check it ?

sounds like they didn't comply to the rules in the 1st firmware we both got and had to enforce it in later firmwares - sux
but what do I know I'm an old twitfaced Loonie :¬)

do you remember the firmware version that worked ?
maybe some kind person might have it so we can reload and check it ?

Like i'v said on my thread about this, it's version 3.0.0.4.380_753, but i didn't do a dump of it so only if someones has a new device with the same version and made a dump as this is not on the firmware lists to download or if it was downloadable in the past.

I've go the AC5300 with Asus's latest beta firmware, working perfect. Got channels set to auto, no problems with restarting the router. I'm wondering though, which firmware is the best one to use? Asus, Merlin or DD-WRT? Does it matter? Thanks!

I've go the AC5300 with Asus's latest beta firmware, working perfect. Got channels set to auto, no problems with restarting the router. I'm wondering though, which firmware is the best one to use? Asus, Merlin or DD-WRT? Does it matter? Thanks!
ASUS in my experience. Had a few disconnections with Merlin's firmware

ASUS in my experience. Had a few disconnections with Merlin's firmware

Do you mean wifi disconnections? Just wondering what you saw and what version you tried of merlins?

I set up my friend yesterday with a RT-AC5300, I used the same settings as mine (except 2.4GHz channel), I seem to be great with merlins, but last night (the first ~3 hours) after I left he said all wifi went off line and then back (it might have been just the 2.4, he's not sure).
I had a hiccup with the final .59 last week also, but I never saw this with his alpha, If my friend sees this happen again I will load the alpha and if he still has issues I will switch him to the latest Asus beta.

Do you mean wifi disconnections? Just wondering what you saw and what version you tried of merlins?

I set up my friend yesterday with a RT-AC5300, I used the same settings as mine (except 2.4GHz channel), I seem to be great with merlins, but last night (the first ~3 hours) after I left he said all wifi went off line and then back (it might have been just the 2.4, he's not sure).
I had a hiccup with the final .59 last week also, but I never saw this with his alpha, If my friend sees this happen again I will load the alpha and if he still has issues I will switch him to the latest Asus beta.
I think it was version 358.00 the one before this latest one

this is not the first time also, had similar issue with the AC68U so I just stick to the latest ASUS firmware now

ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.3341 Released

It doesn't appear if you click on the Windows 10 64-Bit but if you click on Windows 10 32-Bit you will see it

Release Notes:

ASUS has been dedicated to cooperate with third party developers to come up with more innovative features.
To comply with regulatory amendments, we have modified firmware verification rule to ensure better firmware quality.
This version is not compatible with all previously released ASUS firmware and uncertified third party firmware.

Security Fixed
- Fixed Samba Badlock CVE-2016-2110 (Man in the middle attacks possible with NTLMSSP)
- Fixed Samba Badlock CVE-2016-2111 (NETLOGON Spoofing Vulnerability)
- ASUS firmware did not enable Samba LDAP, and not affected by CVE-2016-2112 (LDAP client and server don't enforce integrity) issue.
- The Samba version in ASUS firmware was not affected by
CVE-2016-2118 (SAMR and LSA man in the middle attacks possible)
- The Samba version in ASUS firmware was not affected by
CVE-2015-5370 (Multiple errors in DCE-RPC code)
- Fixed command injection issue. Thanks for Chris' contribution.
- Fixed XSS issue. Thanks for Chris' contribution.

Bug Fixed
- Fixed Windows Radius server compatibility issues.
- Fixed 5G performance issue when using bandwidth monitor.
- Fixed bandwidth monitor incorrect number problem.
- Fixed setup wizard redirect issue when router automatically changed LAN IP in IP conflict case.
- Modified setup wizard process when router detected DHCP and PPPoE at the same time.
- Fixed bandwidth limiter bug when there are multiple clients in rule list.
- Fixed NTP automatically sync issue when router rebooted
- Fixed Safari slow response issue.
- Enhance AiCloud dynamic stream port mechanism (please also keep AiCloud app up to date)
- Fixed AiCloud share link related issues.

I was using the latest beta driver, should I make a hardware reset updating to this new one?

Tks

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I was using the latest beta driver, should I make a hardware reset updating to this new one?

Tks

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
nope, only needed in major upgrades and when switching from Merlin Firmware to Standard ASUS firmware

Where is the latest fw 3441 at the website, it was released but now I can't find at any section anymore,does this firmware was pulled out? Any issues with this one.?

Thanks

Where is the latest fw 3441 at the website, it was released but now I can't find at any section anymore,does this firmware was pulled out? Any issues with this one.?

Thanks
WOW, it looks like the firmware was pulled!, as one person somewhere elsewhere posted it bricked one their 2 ac5300's after a weeks or so (could have been a fluke or bad firmware), could not even restore with recovery disk.

One or 2 also posted weaker wifi with the new firmware (trying to get more verification on this), if this is true I will never flash my router again, it's staying where it is.

Glad I have not used any of the new firmware. Sticking with merlins ,59 for a while now.

WOW, it looks like the firmware was pulled!, as one person somewhere elsewhere posted it bricked one their 2 ac5300's after a weeks or so (could have been a fluke or bad firmware), could not even restore with recovery disk.

One or 2 also posted weaker wifi with the new firmware (trying to get more verification on this), if this is true I will never flash my router again, it's staying where it is.

Glad I have not used any of the new firmware. Sticking with merlins ,59 for a while now.

Anyone with the same issue?

Thanks

Thanks
it was one buggy firmware that kept disconnecting my laptop randomly

downgraded to the latest stable version before:

Unable to downgrade firmware on AC5300

So finally upgrading from the N56U to this AC5300. Hopefully I'll be blown away especially with 4k streaming. :)

So finally upgrading from the N56U to this AC5300. Hopefully I'll be blown away especially with 4k streaming. :)
You should find a difference.
In my testing if possible for you (depending on what others are using around you) try to always use the highest channels in wifi, I find they are always stronger distance wise.