What's new

ASUS RT-AC66U B1-WPS button behavior settings not found

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pavel.hecht

New Around Here
I want to use WPS button for turn on/off wifi, which should be able to set in administration>system. I have the newest version ( 384.19 ) but I can not fing it. What is wrong? Thank you. Pavel

Thank you for info. I am very disapointed by that. A lot of people (my wife e.g.) want an easy way of wifi on/off not because of power consumption, but they want to turn off wifi when they are not using it, so they avoid unnecessary radiation. Maybe I will have to buy a TP-link instead of ASUS just because of that :(

Thank you for info. I am very disapointed by that. A lot of people (my wife e.g.) want an easy way of wifi on/off not because of power consumption, but they want to turn off wifi when they are not using it, so they avoid unnecessary radiation. Maybe I will have to buy a TP-link instead of ASUS just because of that :(

Hi, why don't you just turn it off through the GUI?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-13-10-49-42-763_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-11-13-10-49-42-763_com.android.chrome.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 187
Thank you for a reply. Yes, I can do it like that, but it is not very comfortable way for often use (several times a day). A little bit better is an Android App, where I can turn off Wifi and even turn on (using data) on my smartphone. Still, the button would be much much better (faster). Especially when I do not intend to use WPS.

[...] Maybe I will have to buy a TP-link instead of ASUS just because of that :(
If you still want AsusWRT-Merlin firmware goodness, there are the RT-AC68U and newer RT-AC86U which have a dedicated button for turning Wireless on/off.

Thank you. I have a little bit problem with the vertical orientation of these routers, but otherwise it seems to be great. After all, Android App works fine, as it is quite comfortable to turn on/off wifi with my mobile phone. I will keep my RT-AC66U B1 then.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!