What's new

ASUS RT-AC66U, OpenVpn logs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Krisbik

Occasional Visitor
Hello everyone, dear friends!
I apologize for my English because I don't know it well!
Please tell me, I have a model of router "ASUS RT-AC66U" in it I configure "OpenVpnServer" for my Boss at work.
I would like to disable logs (any information) when connecting to 'OpenVpnServer'.
Now I see the information/connections to my server in the "System Log" (ip, time, date) I started looking for my question on Google, but unfortunately I did not find an exact answer in my case.
I just found that if you specify this setting in the 'OpenVpnServer' configuration (log dev/null), then the whole formation simply will not be "written" I wrote this command in the 'OpenVpnServer' settings at the very bottom, where there is a 'Custom Configuration' After that, I don't see any more information about 'OpenVpnServer' in the 'System Log' tab Please clarify, Did I do everything right or do I need to spell something else out?

Last edited:
Hello everyone, so does anyone have any ideas? or any information, I will be very grateful

It's NOT dev/null, it's /dev/null

For total stealthiness, I suggest the following.

Code:
log /dev/null
status /dev/null
verb 0

The only thing that will be reported are fatal errors.

It's NOT dev/null, it's /dev/null

For total stealthiness, I suggest the following.

Code:
log /dev/null
status /dev/null
verb 0

The only thing that will be reported are fatal errors.
Thank you very much, sir!
I checked and in fact, now there is no information displayed in the "System Log"!
Tell me, please, now the BOSS IP address will not be displayed in the Router system when connecting to OpenvpnServer?
Or is there a log somewhere else when connecting to openvpnserver? or the commands that we talked about earlier - we completely turned them off, right?

When you speak of the BOSS IP, I assume you mean the OpenVPN client's public IP. The only place I know where that needs to be maintained, at least for the duration of the OpenVPN session, is (obviously) within connection tracking. But AFAIK, that's not logged. I'm sure if it was it would be within the syslog.

When you speak of the BOSS IP, I assume you mean the OpenVPN client's public IP. The only place I know where that needs to be maintained, at least for the duration of the OpenVPN session, is (obviously) within connection tracking. But AFAIK, that's not logged. I'm sure if it was it would be within the syslog.
Hahah, sorry)As I said earlier, I don't write English well, I just started learning it) "BOSS" is my boss at work)
In other cases, by writing these commands, will I disable ip registration in openvpn logs(System Logs)?