What's new

Asus RT-AC68 offered 3.0.0.4.384_45708

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What model router? I don't find it on the ASUS site for the 68U
Here it is (select others): https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC68U/FW_RT_AC68U_300438445713.zip

Firmware
Version 3.0.0.4.384.45713 2019/04/1139.76 MBytesASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.45713
Bug Fix
- Fixed browser no response problem when enabled Traffic analyzer.
- Fixed VLAN bug for Movistar.
- Fixed the problem which causes lots of SQUASHFS error in system log.

I usually get 1 or more intruders on a day. Nothing logged so far, but we are waiting. It is a known Asus bug that came in with one of the previous versions.

I usually get 1 or more intruders on a day. Nothing logged so far, but we are waiting. It is a known Asus bug that came in with one of the previous versions.

I rolled back to the December release when I hit the SQUASHFS errors. I tested it on eicar and it logged a block. So the most recent working FW for logging was that one. I’ll update to this release and see if it’s working tonight.

I got the 3.0.0.4.384.45713 notification on my Asus iphone app. I am on 45708 and don't have any SQUASHFS error issues. Should I update?

I got the 3.0.0.4.384.45713 notification on my Asus iphone app. I am on 45708 and don't have any SQUASHFS error issues. Should I update?

Do you feel lucky netmann? Well, do you? :D

I would. :)

For every recognized bug that is reported fixed, there are many more that are not listed in the changelogs. ;)

I rolled back to the December release when I hit the SQUASHFS errors. I tested it on eicar and it logged a block. So the most recent working FW for logging was that one. I’ll update to this release and see if it’s working tonight.

Using 384_45713 I tested at wicar and it logged a malicious site and IPS event, so that seems to be fixed. Also, no more SQUASHFS. I’ll mess with traffic monitor more tomorrow, but it seems to be working fine.

I have tested at Wicar, but still have no IPS logging and also see nothing happen on the chart page. So, in my case IPS logging on chart not solved yet?

Hi.
This is my first post.

I performed update to 708 firmware as suggested by the AsusRouter app.
But I observed the router was not working as before (delay on web surfing despite the speedtest reported speed/ping seems good)
It could be observed by opening Instagram an see how fast the feed updates (3-5seconds or more).
AC66Ub1 is placed behind a HG8121H router/ont so it is NAT behind NAT configuration.
I suggested to my daughter (Instagram you know) to connect directly to HG8121H wireless SSID and Instagram feed updates very fast in real time (when open the app).

The NAT behind NAT config is not new since I had previously for one year a Huawei B315 4G router and the web surfing experience was ok on 15-25Mbps.
The actual ISP connection is fiber optic 500Mbps/250Mbps.

I loaded Merlin firmware hoping the issue will be gone.
I reset the router to factory defaults with no much improvement. After boot it seemed ok but after some time it started to insert the delay in the web trafifc.

I downgraded back to 3.0.0.4.384_45149 and factory reset to restore the previous condition I knew it was working (at least it seemed to)
It works but the wireless clients are disconnected from time to time. They reconnects automatically but you can observe the connect notification and an interruption if you stream something.(I do not remember if I observed this previously. The issue might be there and I did not notice)
Also it can be see in the log:
Apr 12 11:05:55 WLCEVENTD: eth1: Disassoc 5C:xx:xx:xx:26:95
Apr 12 12:05:55 WLCEVENTD: eth1: Assoc 5C:xx:xx:xx:26:95

It is like the wireless clients are kicked out and they reconnect immediately.
This is a notebook Lenovo but I observed the reconnection notice on 2 android phones also.

Should I perform 30-30-30 reset?
Any ideas?
Which fw should I try?

Here are more info about the router configuration which may have influence:
- Ai protection is ON
- 1TB harddisk connected on usb3.0 as samba with 4 partitions and also ftp service
- usually 2 devices wired and 6 wireless

Hi.
This is my first post.

But I observed the router was not working as before (delay on web surfing despite the speedtest reported speed/ping seems good)
It could be observed by opening Instagram an see how fast the feed updates (3-5seconds or more).
AC66Ub1 is placed behind a HG8121H router/ont so it is NAT behind NAT configuration.
I suggested to my daughter (Instagram you know) to connect directly to HG8121H wireless SSID and Instagram feed updates very fast in real time (when open the app).

The NAT behind NAT config is not new since I had previously for one year a Huawei B315 4G router and the web surfing experience was ok on 15-25Mbps.

I reset the router to factory defaults with no much improvement. After boot it seemed ok but after some time it started to insert the delay in the web trafifc.

I downgraded back to 3.0.0.4.384_45149 and factory reset to restore the previous condition I knew it was working (at least it seemed to)
It works but the wireless clients are disconnected from time to time. They reconnects automatically but you can observe the connect notification and an interruption if you stream something.(I do not remember if I observed this previously. The issue might be there and I did not notice)

This is a notebook Lenovo but I observed the reconnection notice on 2 android phones also.

Any ideas?
Which fw should I try?

- Ai protection is ON
- 1TB harddisk connected on usb3.0 as samba with 4 partitions and also ftp service

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/s...ware-update-384-10_2.55982/page-2#post-480533

I have tested at Wicar, but still have no IPS logging and also see nothing happen on the chart page. So, in my case IPS logging on chart not solved yet?

After multiple tests it didn’t trigger every time. Only some of the tests seemed to trigger it. Somewhat inconsistent, so maybe the bug isn’t fixed. At least it actually blocked it, so it’s apparently working.

Hi.
This is my first post.

Any ideas?
Which fw should I try?

- Ai protection is ON

There is no '30-30-30-' reset on an Asus router.

The 1TB HDD on the USB 3.0 port is probably interfering with your 2.4GHz band clients.

I would suggest you try the latest firmware available (.713, I believe) on your router.

After flashing the firmware you want, make sure to do a full reset to factory defaults and then a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP. Do not use a backup configuration file to restore your previous settings. Do not enter all the customizations you had previously all at one time. Do a methodical, step by step addition of those settings and keep good notes of the changes made. With each additional change made to the router, go back and check that all previous customizations keep working. Make sure to include a reboot after important changes and waiting at least 10 minutes after the router has booted up before testing.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

The link above highlights the importance of doing a full reset.

The link in my signature below will lead you to my M&M Config guide to get your router to a good/known state.

In the latest version 3.0.0.4.844.45713 software, the downloadmaster does not work anymore. In the previous 3.0.0.4.384_45708 it worked well.
As usual, they must spoil something.

In the latest version 3.0.0.4.844.45713 software, the downloadmaster does not work anymore. In the previous 3.0.0.4.384_45708 it worked well.
As usual, they must spoil something.

Are you stating this after a full reset to factory defaults and then followed by a minimal and manual configuration to secure your router and connect to your ISP?

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

Have a look at the post above on why it is important to do so.

Follow the link in my signature below to the M&M Config setup to get your router into a good/known state as per that link above. If after properly doing a reset the issue is still there, then it is a bug. Right now? Nobody can say for sure unless they have different results or have followed these steps too. ;)

mine is AC68U, I had the same SQUASHFS error msg, I then disabled AiProtection, Traffic Analyser - Traffic History, so far system has been stable for the past 2 hours (I didn't enable QoS, Web history logging btw). Will keep monitoring. I'm going to keep this version 45708 as it addresses download master issue that I experienced with the past 2 versions (45149, 32799)

Just a quick update to share, updated to the newly available 45713 release, re-enabled AI Protection and Traffic Analyzer - Statistic, so far things are working for the past hour and I didn't see any SQUASHFS log.

Hi.
This is my first post.

I suggested to my daughter (Instagram you know) to connect directly to HG8121H wireless SSID and Instagram feed updates very fast in real time (when open the app). ...

On the HG8121H router try to check if the IP address assigned to your AC66U router has changed and if the AC66U address is in DMZ ;)

On my previous update I used auto update via the Admin page under Firmware Upgrade -> Check Update and it worked fine. Now when I try that I get this message. "No Internet connection is detected. The router cannot connect to ASUS server to check for the firmware update. After reconnecting to the Internet, go back to this page and click Check to check for the latest firmware updates."

Internet and router connection is fine. I haven't tried a Manual firmware update yet but I'm curious what causes this error? Is it a bug or have I done something wrong?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!