What's new

Asus RT-AC68 offered 3.0.0.4.384_45708

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

On my previous update I used auto update via the Admin page under Firmware Upgrade -> Check Update and it worked fine. Now when I try that I get this message. "No Internet connection is detected. The router cannot connect to ASUS server to check for the firmware update. After reconnecting to the Internet, go back to this page and click Check to check for the latest firmware updates."

Internet and router connection is fine. I haven't tried a Manual firmware update yet but I'm curious what causes this error? Is it a bug or have I done something wrong?

Just assume it's not working for some unknown reason beyond your control, and download and install the firmware manually.

OE

Manual update worked fine. I think that auto update error was either a broken link or server time out.
Anyway I've been on 45713 for a day and so far everything seems to be working.

Those messages indicate that the acsd daemon is looking for the best channel to use. They are not error messages, just debugging messages showing up if you set channels to Auto.

FYI, those messages are marked with Emergency severity level when sent via syslog. Which is laughable. They should be Warning only. Any chance you can pass along this as a bug to ASUS? I've already opened a support case related to the latest firmware for RT-AC68u. The events are flooding me with emails for legit Emergency severity events, and I have no way to filter them.

On the HG8121H router try to check if the IP address assigned to your AC66U router has changed and if the AC66U address is in DMZ ;)
HG8121H is restricted to just some user basic settings.
No DMZ option, but port fw works (ftp to AC66U, wan router interface, vpn server).
Updated fw to .713 version, without settings reset (I hate to remake settings again and again, because there are parental rules, mac-ip bindings, samba, ftp, etc...)
No wlan client disconnection yet (40min.) but I keep it under observation.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!