What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.4422

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Even to me also, the LG LA660s, cannot see the 5GHz band, it see only the 2.4GHz one. I've tried multiple channels, reser to factory default, but untill now still no luck. Did someone have any sugestions for me? What channel to set on my router to can use between LG TV and router the 5GHz band? Thank you in advance. BR all !!!

Trimis de pe al meu GT-I9505 folosind Tapatalk

Found! .. Ch 44 is ok

I suspect your clients simply haven't renewed their leases yet, and are still running with their old original lease. Give it 24 hours, and once all leases get renewed it should be back to normal.

You're right, the DHCP Leases did eventually start to show up one by one in Logs.

However, it still shows 0 clients, as seen in the pic below.
Clicking on the Clients icon leads to "Searching, please wait...".
It's been searching for the past 20min, and apparently hasn't found anything yet, despite the fact that there are about 12 clients connected to the router at the moment.
(this was working just fine in the previous firmware, BTW)

2r7vtaw.jpg

Has anyone noticed the router spontaneously rebooting after installing this update?? I confirmed mine was doing this by checking the System log uptime ticker after I noticed my WiFi would cut out for no reason. I performed a system hard reset after installing 4422, and manually configured my settings to rule out anything unusual with my setup.

I reverted back to firmware 583 and that has solved the issue.

Is it just me or are their firmware releases buggy as hell?

In Europe updated yesterday, 24 hrs run in, tried several channels 5Ghz above 100 no issues with mobiles, tablets, PC. Only annoying issue is the flashing yellow icon top right hand corner cuz I run my samba without account since I have a guest network as well. Why can't one acknowledge it and make it stop.

Also, both USB HDDs report double actual capacity. I'd love it if it were true.

No cutouts very stable no reboots.

You're right, the DHCP Leases did eventually start to show up one by one in Logs.

However, it still shows 0 clients, as seen in the pic below.
Clicking on the Clients icon leads to "Searching, please wait...".
It's been searching for the past 20min, and apparently hasn't found anything yet, despite the fact that there are about 12 clients connected to the router at the moment.
(this was working just fine in the previous firmware, BTW)

If it gets stuck on searching then this often means you have a client which has an invalid hostname. Check how all your clients are named.

In 4422 Asus picked all the various bugfixes I did over the past few months to Networkmap, so this new version behaves quite differently, but should be far more reliable for the vast majority of users (it should no longer get stuck forever on machines hosting DLNA servers, DHCP leasenames should also be displayed instead of the NETBIOS hostnames). It's probably not perfect yet tho and there might still be a few corner cases that aren't handled correctly.

Also, both USB HDDs report double actual capacity. I'd love it if it were true.

This issue was introduced a few firmwares back when they implemented support for USB hubs. I was hoping it would have been fixed by now, I guess Asus missed that one (or they don't know about it yet).

I just upgraded to the new firmware on my RT-AC68R and everything seems to be working fine. I primarily use mine as a media bridge and there was a bug where it always reported the connection status to be "disconnected" even though everything worked fine. That has been fixed now.

My 68R still says it has the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.374_573-gad7b037 within the UI.

That simply means the firmware wasn't posted for automated update yet.

Has anyone noticed the router spontaneously rebooting after installing this update?? I confirmed mine was doing this by checking the System log uptime ticker after I noticed my WiFi would cut out for no reason. I performed a system hard reset after installing 4422, and manually configured my settings to rule out anything unusual with my setup.

I reverted back to firmware 583 and that has solved the issue.

Is it just me or are their firmware releases buggy as hell?

I have the same problem. Spontaneous reboots. Never saw that before.

CD

If it gets stuck on searching then this often means you have a client which has an invalid hostname. Check how all your clients are named.

I don't know what an invalid hostname would be.
For the clients that have the option to change their hostnames, I set up names using only letters, numbers, and the "-" (hyphen-minus).

Other clients do not offer the option to change their hostnames. (like a little VOIP adapter, or other small toys). They either have a hostname hardcoded from the manufacturer, or they don't have one at all, in which case the router used to just display their MAC address.

Anyway, I did not change any hostnames between the firmware upgrades, and as I said, it was was working before, and now it doesn't...
That sux.

Last edited:
Hmm...certain devices can find my RT-AC68U if I use channels above 100 but the most important device, my Linksys WUMC710 bridge can't find it. I guess it doesn't support those channels (at least for the UK). So still stuck with the original 4 channels only then....bummer

Europe DFS channels

Hi,

I'm writting to let you know that the ASUS USB-AC56 adapter (1024.8 driver) works with the ac68u last firmware (4422) using the DFS channels in Spain.

Regards.

Last edited:
I have the same problem too... Can I revert to the older versions?

You can install the old firmware again through the GUI (like you did with the new firmware).

Remember to reset to factory default after installing the firmware; and retype your configuration from the begining.

Regards

I have the same problem too... Can I revert to the older versions?

Revert to Merlin firmware 374_39 works fine with AC68U. It's apparent the new Asus firmware is full of bugs and should have been tested further before it's release to the masses. They claim to fix all these security issues and then leave IPv6 wide open with no firewall not very smart.

The new firmware also seems to have problems with Sonos....my various zones started dropping out or being very slow to respond.....

Reverted and back up and running again

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!