What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.4422

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xDonkey

Occasional Visitor
ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.4422

Security related issues:
1. Fixed lighthttpd vulnerability.
2. Fixed cross-site scripting vulnerability (CWE-79).
3. Fixed the authentication bypass (CWW-592).
4. Added notification to help avoid security risks.
5. Fixed network place(samba) and FTP vulnerability.

Improvement:
1. Redesigned the parental control time setting UI.
2. Updated multi language strings.
3. Adjusted FW checking algorithm.
4. Adjusted Time zone detecting algorithm.
5. Supported EU 5Ghz DFS channel.
6. Improved web UI performance.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC68U/FW_RT_AC68U_30043744422.zip

If someone install this version in Europe, please provide some feedback about the DFS functionality and available channels

This firmware broke my 5ghz network.
I can't see my 5ghz network from any of my 5ghz clients... factory reset does not help.
In the web ui everything looks ok... no hidded ssid or turned of radio... and the 5ghz light on the router is also turned on...

I have two PCE-68 adapters and a nexus 4 for testing 5ghz... none of them can access or even detect the 5ghz network after the update...

Last edited:
This firmware broke my 5ghz network.
I can't see my 5ghz network from any of my 5ghz clients... factory reset does not help.
In the web ui everything looks ok... no hidded ssid or turned of radio... and the 5ghz light on the router is also turned on...

I have two PCE-68 adapters and a nexus 4 for testing 5ghz... none of them can access or even detect the 5ghz network after the update...

My 5GHz network works normally after update. I have also PCE-68 adapter in use.

Ok.... sooo.... DFS was the sinner...
Doing a factory reset set my 5ghz channel to auto... And that caused the router to select channel 100 (DFS channel)
And apparently the Asus PCE-AC68 adapters i bought with my AC-68U router do not support those channels... (or someone really borked the DFS implementation in the new firmware)
As soon as i switched to one of the "normal" channels everything was fine.

xDonkey.. Can you try and set your router to channel 100 or abow for 5ghz.... and see if you can still connect?

Ok.... sooo.... DFS was the sinner...
Doing a factory reset set my 5ghz channel to auto... And that caused the router to select channel 100 (DFS channel)
And apparently the Asus PCE-AC68 adapters i bought with my AC-68U router do not support those channels... (or someone really borked the DFS implementation in the new firmware)
As soon as i switched to one of the "normal" channels everything was fine.

xDonkey.. Can you try and set your router to channel 100 or abow for 5ghz.... and see if you can still connect?

Just tried channel 112 out of curiosity. Could NOT detect network after change. :(

Just tried channel 112 out of curiosity. Could NOT detect network after change. :(

That really sucks...
I can live with it not working on my Nex4... It has all sorts of problems with DFS channels...
But i think it's really stupid of Asus to release something like this if it's not even working with top of the line Asus clients... arg:mad::confused:!

Last edited:
They released this version for the AC56U as well.

I spotted it under win 7....its not under win 8 for some reason.

Curiously, it's released under a different number of OS's, including Window 8 32 bit, but not Windows 8 64 bit. Can't imagine what the host OS has to do with this at all.

Curiously, it's released under a different number of OS's, including Window 8 32 bit, but not Windows 8 64 bit. Can't imagine what the host OS has to do with this at all.

That frequently happens when they release a new version, it's probably just a propagation issue with their web servers. Can take around 24 hours for new uploads to properly show.

Router no longer displays the list of Clients on the first page. (Network Map > Clients.) Shows 0 clients. On the right, I have Client Status, and then underneath "Searching, please wait..." and nothing happens.

Also under Logs > DHCP Leases, it no longer displays most of the clients. For some strange reason it now only displays only 3 of the 10-12 devices on the network.
I have already checked the devices and they all have the correct IP addresses assigned from the router's DHCP server, but the router no longer shows them under DHCP Lease or Clients.

WTF???
That's what I get for upgrading the firmware on the 13th...
F Asus.

I get a blinking orange exclamation mark to the left of the little row of icons top right of the gui - obviously something isn't as it should be but I've been right through all the settings and haven't found anything yet.

Of course I'll check everything and if I find what it is I'll report back here.

I get a blinking orange exclamation mark to the left of the little row of icons top right of the gui - obviously something isn't as it should be but I've been right through all the settings and haven't found anything yet.

It's the new security new notification icon, just click on it to show.

Last edited:
Router no longer displays the list of Clients on the first page. (Network Map > Clients.) Shows 0 clients. On the right, I have Client Status, and then underneath "Searching, please wait..." and nothing happens.

Also under Logs > DHCP Leases, it no longer displays most of the clients. For some strange reason it now only displays only 3 of the 10-12 devices on the network.
I have already checked the devices and they all have the correct IP addresses assigned from the router's DHCP server, but the router no longer shows them under DHCP Lease or Clients.

WTF???
That's what I get for upgrading the firmware on the 13th...
F Asus.

I suspect your clients simply haven't renewed their leases yet, and are still running with their old original lease. Give it 24 hours, and once all leases get renewed it should be back to normal.

Click on it, it should tell you what security issue is being noticed.

Note that the new notification system has issues with IE - a fix should be released next week for this.

Even to me also, the LG LA660s, cannot see the 5GHz band, it see only the 2.4GHz one. I've tried multiple channels, reser to factory default, but untill now still no luck. Did someone have any sugestions for me? What channel to set on my router to can use between LG TV and router the 5GHz band? Thank you in advance. BR all !!!

Trimis de pe al meu GT-I9505 folosind Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!