What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.4422

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Greetings.

I am hoping someone can help me. I seem to be having the same problem as others have reported in this thread. I don't understand how it was resolved (if it was).

I just bought this router yesterday (7/6/2014). Installation and set-up went easily, as described/expected. I set up one SSID for the 2.4 GHz and a different one for the 5 GHz SSID. One big problem: none of my devices can see the 5GHz SSID and I cannot manually connect with any devices (with one exception). I have 2 Xbox 360s, an IPhone 4s (work), an LG VS9 4G (older personnel cell phone), and a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (the one exception - more about that in a minute).

I have the LED indicator solid blue, I seem to have the set-up correct (not hiding SSID, etc.). I contacted ASUS via web (email), an I received a response within a few hours. (Kudos to ASUS for that!) Instructed to change the Channel Bandwidth to 20 MHz for the 2.4 GHz and 40 MHz for the 5 GHz (which I did), and if that did not work (it did not), then do a hard reset - which I did. Reset things up. Still no luck.

About the one exception. At first the Samsung Note did not identify/connect with 5 GHz. At one point in the wee hours of the morning I managed to connect it. I honestly do not remember if the device "found" the SSID or if I just tried to set it up manually. In any event, this device now connects to the 5 GHz, even when I leave home and come back later - it picks it right up. This lone device remains connected, even after the hard reset and setting the router up again. I still cannot connect any other device. I am really interested in getting the Xbox's on this frequency....this is why I forked out the $$$$ for this router!

Can anyone help? I sent a follow-up message to ASUS tonight...but I am impatient and not confident I will get a solution any time soon. I really do not want to return this and start over.

Some of these devices (like iPhone 4s) simply do not support 5 GHz wifi. Same with most XBox 360s (I believe it depends on the revision).

Greetings.

I am hoping someone can help me. I seem to be having the same problem as others have reported in this thread. I don't understand how it was resolved (if it was).

I just bought this router yesterday (7/6/2014). Installation and set-up went easily, as described/expected. I set up one SSID for the 2.4 GHz and a different one for the 5 GHz SSID. One big problem: none of my devices can see the 5GHz SSID and I cannot manually connect with any devices (with one exception). I have 2 Xbox 360s, an IPhone 4s (work), an LG VS9 4G (older personnel cell phone), and a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (the one exception - more about that in a minute).

I have the LED indicator solid blue, I seem to have the set-up correct (not hiding SSID, etc.). I contacted ASUS via web (email), an I received a response within a few hours. (Kudos to ASUS for that!) Instructed to change the Channel Bandwidth to 20 MHz for the 2.4 GHz and 40 MHz for the 5 GHz (which I did), and if that did not work (it did not), then do a hard reset - which I did. Reset things up. Still no luck.

About the one exception. At first the Samsung Note did not identify/connect with 5 GHz. At one point in the wee hours of the morning I managed to connect it. I honestly do not remember if the device "found" the SSID or if I just tried to set it up manually. In any event, this device now connects to the 5 GHz, even when I leave home and come back later - it picks it right up. This lone device remains connected, even after the hard reset and setting the router up again. I still cannot connect any other device. I am really interested in getting the Xbox's on this frequency....this is why I forked out the $$$$ for this router!

Can anyone help? I sent a follow-up message to ASUS tonight...but I am impatient and not confident I will get a solution any time soon. I really do not want to return this and start over.

1. Dont revive old topics wiht outdated firmware when there are many new firmwares.

2. Update to new firmware and start your own topic.

3. Update to new firmware.

4. Why are we still in this thread??

5. Contact your devices makers and see if they even support 5ghz.

6. Dont reply to this thread so it doesnt get bumped up again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!