What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.4561 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Have noticed this latest firmware still gradually causes Sonos zones to disappear 1 by 1......*sigh*. They really messed up here....

So far my RT-AC68U has been working fine.

I was wondering, could it be that all reboots are not related to software itself but just faulty hardware, for example faulty memory? That could explain why issue is so sporadic and it's hard to reproduce.
Is there any way to perform memory test for 256MB DDR3 on router?

It wouldn't be any news if memory would be broken.

Btw, those with reboots, has anyone used ASUS' "ASUS RT-AC68U DDR Configuration Upgrade Tool"?
I haven't used the tool myself - is there for real some advantage?

I also have these in my logs but all good so far (knocks wood):

Code:
Mar  6 07:23:15 miniupnpd[1227]: sendto(udp): Operation not permitted
Mar  7 12:44:24 miniupnpd[1227]: sendto(udp): Operation not permitted
Mar  7 17:16:09 miniupnpd[1227]: sendto(udp): Operation not permitted
Mar  7 18:46:09 miniupnpd[1227]: sendto(udp): Operation not permitted
Mar  7 19:03:13 miniupnpd[1227]: recv (state0): Connection reset by peer
Mar  8 12:47:52 miniupnpd[1227]: sendto(udp): Operation not permitted

Any idea what is causing those "sendto(udp): Operation not permitted"?

I doubt its hardware using Merlin build 39 or 40 alpha4 there are NO reboots what so ever so it must be software related.

Considering there are no reboots with FW 583 I'd say the chances of this being a hardware problem are just about as close as one can get to 0.

Greetings to all from a newbie to the forum and to anything that Asus Makes.
Although it was still working perfectly I upgraded from my Old faithful WRT54GS to RT-AC68R
During the setup it made me download and install the latest firmware, I have bunch of entries in the System Log as pasted below.

kernel: br0: received packet on eth2 with own address as source address
kernel: br0: received packet on eth1 with own address as source address

What does it mean I don't know, is it a reboot or something not important.
So far the entries decreased significantly after disabling Upnp but didn't go away.

Best Regards to all

Could this be a HW revision issue? Maybe the older HW version are restarting, while the newer versions are OK.

On the back of the router, the Sticker says I have:
H/W Ver: A1

My router is restarting. What is the HW version of the people that have no issue with reboots?

I think everyone is having reboot issue regardless of hardware revision.

I have A1 revision but mine reboots after 4-5 days.

When I look at the system log, what is the message to look that indicates a reboot.

Look at the Uptime shown on the System Log page.

How did you install your Ac68u behind comcast's router/modem ? I am using comcast's TG862G , and whenever I install Ac68u I get different ip than what I get with n56u and ac68u can't provide stable connection more than hour :(.

I'm going to try Alpha4, may be it will fix all the issues.

Your always going to get a different IP address when you hook up different devices to your modem.

I've experienced reboot as well :( Noticed uptime was 0 days, 11 hours, 50+ minutes.

Last log entries before reboot:

Code:
Mar  8 20:07:31 miniupnpd[1227]: sendto(udp): Operation not permitted
Jan  1 02:00:12 syslogd started: BusyBox v1.17.4

I now disabled DLNA-server, let's see...

IDK why people keep posting log data. If it was in the system logs they would have found the problem by now.

Look at the Uptime shown on the System Log page.

Thanks Merlin System uptime shows 10 days 23hours 15minutes 17seconds.
I guess the messages about.
kernel: br0: received packet on eth2 with own address as source address.

Is not a big deal and despite the lousy firmware the router is OK.

The speed and coverage of this router is incredible, My ISP top speed advertised is 65 Mbps and I get that on the roku 3 Speedtest private channel(off peak hours of course)

Thanks Merlin System uptime shows 10 days 23hours 15minutes 17seconds.
I guess the messages about.
kernel: br0: received packet on eth2 with own address as source address.

Is not a big deal and despite the lousy firmware the router is OK.

The speed and coverage of this router is incredible, My ISP top speed advertised is 65 Mbps and I get that on the roku 3 Speedtest private channel(off peak hours of course)

The 68U is a great router it just needs the firmware fixed and it will be. And yes it can handle the speed i have the comcast 105/20 internet and i get this wireless.

Attachments

• Speed-105-20.png
    Speed-105-20.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 522
The 68U is a great router it just needs the firmware fixed and it will be. And yes it can handle the speed i have the comcast 105/20 internet and i get this wireless.

I agree once the remaining firmware issues are fixed this will be a rock solid router.

3343027325.png

You win :p

I'm not having any luck connecting my Sonos system to this router. I am using the latest firmware which claims to fix this problem but no change as far as I can tell :-(

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!