What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.3813

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Has anyone experimented with the AiProtection page in this firmware?

I tried enabling all three settings (malicious sites blocking, vulnerability protection, and infected device prevention and blocking), and found that it killed the ability of my Wi-Fi enabled Honeywell thermostat to communicate with the Internet.

I haven't yet determined which one of the three settings is causing the problem.

I get a 'Firmware upgrade unsuccessfully. It may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again." error trying to update to this. Thoughts? (I already redownloaded/unzipped the file a second time, no improvement)

Rebooting the RT-AC68U and trying again seemed to fix it - it's now been successfully flashed...

Has anyone experimented with the AiProtection page in this firmware?

I tried enabling all three settings (malicious sites blocking, vulnerability protection, and infected device prevention and blocking), and found that it killed the ability of my Wi-Fi enabled Honeywell thermostat to communicate with the Internet.

I haven't yet determined which one of the three settings is causing the problem.

Looks like it was the "infected device prevention and blocking" that was causing the communications problem with the thermostat. I turned that off, but now it seems that one of the other two settings is preventing access to Dropbox. I think I'll turn them all off and rely on software security (I have Norton 360).

Thanx for the hint for DST time, by switchin from Greenwich to GMT-5 canada :D

But i found something in different language under VPN TAB.... page is broken ;)
(in french and in 2 other language)
It's not just the page. Your attached image is broken too. It is too small to view except as a blurred mess.

Upgraded and all working fine, briefly have a problem with openvpn but i think it was an android issue.

Despite having upgraded the bootload to 1.02 via stock firmware 3626 I was still unable to flash from Merlins 349_5 to 3813. I had to go back to stock 3636 and then was able to upgrade to 3813. Can't wait for Merlin's version, I miss all his little tweaks that you don't get with stock firmware.

I woke up this morning and my port forwarding wasn't working. Rebooted the router seems to have solved the issue.

I've also noticed my router is responding to pings even though I have it turned off at the firewall.

Another release, another release that doesn't fix the most important feature to me: dual WAN failover with watchdog enabled:

WAN(0) Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly.

So lame that Asus can't fix this even though it was reported over a year ago...

Despite having upgraded the bootload to 1.02 via stock firmware 3626 I was still unable to flash from Merlins 349_5 to 3813. I had to go back to stock 3636 and then was able to upgrade to 3813. Can't wait for Merlin's version, I miss all his little tweaks that you don't get with stock firmware.

376.49_5 is still compiled with a partition size of 32 MB.

Greetings. When 64 MB ? Thanks.Really looking forward to.

I uploaded a test build with the 64 MB support enabled, it's in the Misc folder:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ftf9kjixr1a5f//Misc

Note that this brings absolutely nothing to Asuswrt-Merlin users. My FW is still well below the 32 MB size limitation. This is only for users who want to be able to flash to an Asus 378_xxxx firmware afterward.

new build

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.3873

-Fixed infosvr security issue.
-Fixed Cross-site request forgery security issue

no new firmware

I have an RT-AC68U at 3.0.0.4.376_3626-g9a8323e and I go to the Administration - Firmware Upgrade page, I click the Check button and I get told that
The router's current firmware is the latest version. It told me the same story when 3813 was the latest.

I have downloaded the update to 3813 and 3873 but I am reluctant to force feed the updates to the router. I would prefer it if "she goes willingly" as they say in the classics. Actually, I don't know who said that if anyone ever did but it sounds good.

Thoughts anyone?

i never used that feature...I've always done the updates manually and with resetting to factory in most of the occasions.

if "she doesn't go willingly" ...make her :))) is a machine and she/he it must obey you :))

I have an RT-AC68U at 3.0.0.4.376_3626-g9a8323e and I go to the Administration - Firmware Upgrade page, I click the Check button and I get told that
The router's current firmware is the latest version. It told me the same story when 3813 was the latest.

I have downloaded the update to 3813 and 3873 but I am reluctant to force feed the updates to the router. I would prefer it if "she goes willingly" as they say in the classics. Actually, I don't know who said that if anyone ever did but it sounds good.

Thoughts anyone?

Asus does not systematically push updates to the update server. I recommend not waiting for it and manually flashing, especially in this case as there is an urgent security update.

Are each of the firmware updates complete in and of themselves or must they be installed sequentially?

I am at 3.0.0.4.376.3626, can I just install 3.0.0.4.378.3873 or must I install
3.0.0.4.378.3813 first?

Also, is it necessary to reset the router after firmware update?

Thank you.

Are each of the firmware updates complete in and of themselves or must they be installed sequentially?

I am at 3.0.0.4.376.3626, can I just install 3.0.0.4.378.3873 or must I install
3.0.0.4.378.3813 first?

Also, is it necessary to reset the router after firmware update?

Thank you.
I skipped 3813 and installed 3873. I reset the router because that was what had to be done for 3813. The reasons are still valid even if you skipped 3813.

I had trouble with Time Zone settings with daylight saving. I had to set the time to a non DST zone first then back to my wanted zone.

Not sure how many people have installed this firmware but the 'lack of' complaints makes me wonder if it's good (or just not many people installing it and are waiting for Merlin's version)! :D

I for one have quit trying out Asus' 'raw' versions.

RMerlin's only for me. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!