What's new

Asus RT-AC68U weak signal

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

netguy

New Around Here
Hi folks

I have Asus RT-AC68U and I am having some issues with the wireless range.

I am connected to the router with Asus PCE-AC68 adapter and only getting 70Mbps from a distance of 30ft on the 2.4GHz band and my iphone is not getting signal at all.
I feel that this is not normal and I should be getting a stronger signal.

After doing some research I am considering replacing the device with Netgear nighthawk X4S (R7800) but I am still not sure if that would improve the wireless range.

I need to hear your suggestions and thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

only getting 70Mbps

in what sort of testing ?

a distance of 30ft on the 2.4GHz band

and what do you get from the 5 gig band at the same distance as you really should be using 5 gig

I feel that this is not normal and I should be getting a stronger signal.

totally depends on what construction / materials are in the way between wireless adapter and router

in testing here at 25 meters ( about 80 feet ) through 3 walls and from one end of my house to the other im getting

20MB/s on 5 gig

10MB/s 2.4 gig

using the same router and wireless adapter

but I am still not sure if that would improve the wireless range.

until you do some fault finding i would doubt it would improve anything

move router to the same room or comp which ever so both are in the same room and test throughput for both 2.4 gig and 5 gig

you should see

5 gig at around 55 to 60 MB/s

2.4 gig around 25MB/s

doing a file transfer from a ethernet connected device to the comp with the pce-ac68 via wifi

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!