What's new

ASUS RT-AC86U died. Does installing a asuswrt-merlin driver breach warranty?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You should be typing (testing) 192.168.1.1, not 192.168.1.10. ;)

Flashing the wrong firmware certianly didn't help. I'm not sure if this is a faulty product or a product of a faulty install?

Either way, return it while you can and hope that the next one is more stable for you.

I'm not sure if this is a faulty product or a product of a faulty install?

Either way, return it while you can and hope that the next one is more stable for you.

I mean the boot loop happened before i started doing any recovery procedures or anything, so my bet would be the product. It worked completely fine for 3-4 months before it started acting out. Unplugging a replugging a product doesn't seems like a procedure that should require doing several system recoveries. It seems to be a known problem with the device, but maybe the people it happened to all set it up wrong? Don't know. I didn't do much else but follow whatever instructions that the manufacturer gave me when setting it up.

I can try to double check if i tested the wrong address later, but i think it's simply just a faulty device. :)

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!