What's new

ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.45717

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

joltdude

Regular Contributor
Unfortunately still waiting for it to appear on ASUS's website. Did get it via the internal update app for both the 86 and the 68 (Also just now found it on Asus website under drivers and tools / other vs BIOS)

Version 3.0.0.4.384.45717 2019/05/13 57.77 MBytes

ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.45717
- Fixed DDoS vulnerability.

- Fixed AiCloud vulnerability. Thanks for Matt Cundari's contribution.

- Fixed command injection vulnerability. Thanks for S1mba Lu's contribution.

- Fixed buffer overflow vulnerability. Thanks for Javier Aguinaga's contribution.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 03041f5d8987efc3bc64a63efe2a979f

Update: Its moved into the BIOS downloads finally

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RT-AC86U/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Last edited:
Works great for me, just like the version before.

Latest release seems to be fine for me.

I do have one question. Anyone else had the Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz stops working when a new firmware release has been released.
This has only seems to happens with the release of a new firmwares (well the last 2), all my wireless clients get booted off the network and are unable to reconnect, they see the AP but fail to to connect. However wired kit work fine and even a "new" device can be connected to the wired network and gets and IP and works fine straight away.

I'm guessing it's because the last two updates had fixes for wireless security, so does it turn off the wireless to protect the network?

time scheduler for wifi sometimes not work - wifi not start after turned off.

after upgrading to this firmware, I tried resetting to factory settings...then as I would make all my configurations and then reboot, the router would eventually hang and I'd end up with "3 lights on" (power, and two wifi lights)...the same thing happened with two different 86u's....right now, I'm trying to guess which settings lead to this problem...possibilities:
-turning on the dOS protection under Firewall
-turning on ipv6
-turning on traffic monitor
-turning on parental settings

any thoughts? both routers worked smoothly the last several months and I never experienced any issues like this until installing this firmware...curious if others are experiencing this...I've read about a "boot loop" or something but I'm not sure if this is what I'm seeing.

after upgrading to this firmware, I tried resetting to factory settings...then as I would make all my configurations and then reboot, the router would eventually hang and I'd end up with "3 lights on" (power, and two wifi lights)...the same thing happened with two different 86u's....right now, I'm trying to guess which settings lead to this problem...possibilities:
-turning on the dOS protection under Firewall
-turning on ipv6
-turning on traffic monitor
-turning on parental settings

any thoughts? both routers worked smoothly the last several months and I never experienced any issues like this until installing this firmware...curious if others are experiencing this...I've read about a "boot loop" or something but I'm not sure if this is what I'm seeing.

You could try downloading the firmware and installing it again.

OE

both routers worked smoothly the last several months and I never experienced any issues like this until installing this firmware...curious if others are experiencing this...I've read about a "boot loop" or something but I'm not sure if this is what I'm seeing.

Yes on the 384.45713 firmware. Same 3 lights unresponsive router. And it happened again after running 16 days without any signs of problems. Initially suspected it could be a failing hardware but now with your report, it begin to look more like the firmware somewhere. AiProtection, parental controls, ipv6 enabled.

You could try downloading the firmware and installing it again.

OE

yes, i did try that...also tried going back to the previous firmware....still exhibiting the same behavior if i configure the router as before....so far it seems to be holding but I don't have all the settings i want implemented out of fear it will freeze with the 3 lights again

Yes on the 384.45713 firmware. Same 3 lights unresponsive router. And it happened again after running 16 days without any signs of problems. Initially suspected it could be a failing hardware but now with your report, it begin to look more like the firmware somewhere. AiProtection, parental controls, ipv6 enabled.

thanks for confirming the same behavior...anybody else?

this is frustrating...this is the most money I've ever spent on router(s)...i bought 2 of these AC86U routers as a mesh setup thinking this was finally THE setup to fix all my dead spots and be future-proof

yes, i did try that...also tried going back to the previous firmware....still exhibiting the same behavior if i configure the router as before....so far it seems to be holding but I don't have all the settings i want implemented out of fear it will freeze with the 3 lights again

I would leave DoS protection and IPv6 disabled (assuming you do not need these). I do not use these settings and have not had any issues with 45717 on two 2xRT-AC86U AiMesh systems I manage.

(I also do not use Parental Controls and Traffic Monitor. I do use AiProtection Pro, as it's called now.)

OE

Only left the DOS protection off and monitoring. All other settings remained as what were configured before. Its either that, parental controls or ipv6, or a combination, to be the issue.

Note parental controls and ipv6 are enabled at this point. Monitoring over the next few weeks.

Hi. I'm new here. Also just flashed the new firmware to my AC86U. I seem to having problem with my Chromecast now. It doesn't appear to connect properly. Rebooting the router seems to help. My Shield TV doesn't have the same issues (it's connected wired). Does anyone else have chromecast issues (mine is a version 3 Chromecast).

Hi. I'm new here. Also just flashed the new firmware to my AC86U. I seem to having problem with my Chromecast now. It doesn't appear to connect properly. Rebooting the router seems to help. My Shield TV doesn't have the same issues (it's connected wired). Does anyone else have chromecast issues (mine is a version 3 Chromecast).

The information that you provide is not much to go on. I haven't seen anyone else having the same issue, so if it was working before, it might be necessary to perform a router reset back to factory default settings and then reconfigure the router. But before doing that, you might want to search the forum and review the router logs for information.

My Chromecast glitches seem to be confined to the HBONow app.

Have you tried resetting the Chromecast and setting it up again?

Did you reset the 86U to factory defaults after updating the firmware?

OE

You may need to follow the M&M Config and possibly also the Sanitize Network guides to get your router back to a good/known state.

Please see my signature below for the link to both. :)

You may need to follow the M&M Config and possibly also the Sanitize Network guides to get your router back to a good/known state.

Please see my signature below for the link to both. :)
Thanks. I've rolled back my firmware as I've had serious issues with my both wireless radios after updating the firmware. I tend to lose wireless connectivity to the internet. Wired connections work fine. It wasn't the chromecast, it was the wifi itself.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!