What's new

ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_81049

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Technical support gave it to me.
2019-09-13-102116.png

If needed, I can give in PM.
can i get it the beta as well, please

thx

What's Your problem?
Firmware is not built in Russia!

No problem at all and no one said it was built in Russia. I said a new forum member in Russia. I don't know you and wouldn't use anything that you offered up here on a public forum. Simple as that. If others want it, give it to them.

No problem at all and no one said it was built in Russia. I said a new forum member in Russia. I don't know you and wouldn't use anything that you offered up here on a public forum. Simple as that. If others want it, give it to them.
your loss man

No No No, but that is just me of course.
Me not touching it either :)

why its seems to be stable so far

Well written viruses don't announce their presence. Did you expect it to display how many servers your credentials have been emailed to?

On the other hand, it's possible to keep the owner from becoming suspicious over router instabilities, the virus writers may have been forced to hack the ASUS code and fix some of the bugs.

Well written viruses don't announce their presence. Did you expect it to display how many servers your credentials have been emailed to?

On the other hand, it's possible to keep the owner from becoming suspicious over router instabilities, the virus writers may have been forced to hack the ASUS code and fix some of the bugs.
no i dont expect it to but can you prove it has virsus and that it has been hacked

Go ahead and accept a firmware beta version from a new forum member in Russia. I'll grab my popcorn and watch
You're harassing a new forum member when you're an even newer forum member yourself. If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black. :rolleyes:

What does the country that a person is from have to do with anything? Discriminate much?

The thought of this type of behavior being accepted is disgusting. It's unfortunate that a new forum member (or any member) has to be subjected to this type of treatment.

Last edited:
what happened to the quality of response on this thread? it seems very simple to me - if asus is having trouble with their ga (generally available) releases, why would anyone with good sense, want to experiment with their betas unless they're gettin' paid and have a vm where they can isolate the box?
without source, we have no idea what's in that code and trust me, we had back-doors in our betas back-in-da-day. one never knows today. the stalwarts on this blog have it right. revert to ...717 or roll the dice with the current version. this banter seems immature. maybe some of these folks are lonely and need the attention.

You're harassing a new forum member when you're an even newer forum member yourself. If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black. :rolleyes:

What does the country that a person is from have to do with anything? Discriminate much?

The thought of this type of behavior being accepted is disgusting. It's unfortunate that a new forum member (or any member) has to be subjected to this type of treatment.

I didn't harass anyone. My first comment was "I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole"......then other people started digging into "why". I was asked and answered. So get off your high horse. I may be new here but I've been around for over 25 years on many other forums and wasn't born this morning. Again, if you want firmware from someone offered to you in a public forum, go for it! As I said, I'll sit back and watch. Probably see you in Malwarebytes or another place soon after...

In three days the web interface on this firmware ceased to answer.

I'll try beta firmware. RT-AC86U_9.0.0.4_386_525-gfeb6778_cferom_ubi.w
@OgUrecheK How is the beta firmware working for you so far?

I'm glad to see a new firmware is in the works but this is around the 3rd firmware that Asus has released and subsequently pulled this year which doesn't strike much confidence in me, so hopefully this one is different.