What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX55 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_51948

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DeliciousDemur

New Around Here
Version 3.0.0.4.386_51948
65.11 MB
2023/08/07
Security:
Fixed command injection vulnerabilities
Fixed remove ookla-IPQ956X
Fixed vulnerability in command injection after authentication
Fixed XSS potentially via malformed hostname in DHCP request
Fixed Fixed Stored Cross Site Scriptin
Fixed XSS attack via EXT3 USB in foldername
Fixed ping '-c' parameter in administration Network Tools is validated only on client side

Feature:
Fixed AiMesh related bugs.
Fixed minor GUI bugs.

Asus firmware page

I just updated my router, and it appears they fixed the IPv6 issue I was having before. Previously when I enabled IPv6 the router would basically lock up after a few minutes. Seems to be all good now.

Hoping that wraps up all the issues that I was personally experiencing

Edited about an hour late to add:
I might've spoken too soon. Previously routing would stop and router would become unstable within 5 minutes with IPv6 enabled. After this update all seemed well with IPv6 enabled, but after ~30 minutes of uptime I had the same issue. All routing stopped, and router became unstable.

Disabling IPv6 now, hoping it's at least still related to that. I didn't have SSH or Telnet enabled at the time so I couldn't log into the router to see what was going on, but I did note that the status page seemed to indicate that 1 of the CPUs was being maxed out constantly during this issue. Sometimes the CPU being maxed out would change.

Last edited:
@maxnl, Do they have WireGuard Client or Server support on Asus AX-55U?
@newsera The model I have is RT-AX55, it does not have a U at the end of the model number on the sticker or in the UI. I am not certain if there's a difference in models, but on my unit WireGuard is not an option.

I'm only seeing the following VPN options for both client and server on the router:
  • PPTP
  • OpenVPN
  • IPSec

Go to Advanced_WireguardClient_Content.asp on your router and it's there, I don't know why it isn't visible in the menus

This is one of the cheapest AX-class routers often under $100. Don't expect much firmware development for it.

new firmware out

RT-AX55Current Version : 3.0.0.4.386_51948-g50c8347
Manual firmware update : Upload
The latest version : 3.0.0.4.386_52041-g0c3a69e

This is one of the cheapest AX-class routers often under $100. Don't expect much firmware development for it.
2 fw releases 2021, 3 fw releases 2022, 3 fw releases 2023 (to date)... Not bad... Quite a bit more than much more expensive models from the same manufacturer. (I've 3 of them)

i upgraded the firmware but the router kept restarting. Finally i had to manually roll back to the previous version (RT-AX55_3.0.0.4_386_51948) and atleast the auto-restart is not happening anymore.

i upgraded the firmware but the router kept restarting. Finally i had to manually roll back to the previous version (RT-AX55_3.0.0.4_386_51948) and atleast the auto-restart is not happening anymore.
Upgraded my 3 ones and perfectly working (using IPv4)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!